2018-2019 NCAA Basketball

58,500 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Worse than the damage Shaka is doing?

I like Shaka. I just wish the teams were more consistent.
cboothe09
I cant tell if his players dont fit his philosophy, or if he is trying to be more conventional. Either way, it isn't working
PurpleOut
Staff
I don't think he's ever been that great of an overall coach, but that's just my opinion. His system works great against Mid-Majors or someone that doesn't prepare. Bigger, better coached teams...not so much. Probably why they pressed Grand Canyon so much last week and not against everyone else.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I don't think he's ever been that great of an overall coach, but that's just my opinion. His system works great against Mid-Majors or someone that doesn't prepare. Bigger, better coached teams...not so much. Probably why they pressed Grand Canyon so much last week and not against everyone else.
Don't count me as a strategy expert, but I believe in dancing with the one that brung ya, and for him, that's Havoc.

If that's the style he knows best, he should roll with it before Texas tries to come hire Keller.
cboothe09
I feel like Grand Canyon is one of the most overhyped programs in basketball right now. Maybe one of the best environments to watch a game, but their on-court product isn't near the same level of excitement...
cboothe09
Buffalo is smashed by Markus Howard. Marquette beats Buffalo 103-85 after Howard goes berserk in the second half. Insane shooting clinic he put on...
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

Buffalo is smashed by Markus Howard. Marquette beats Buffalo 103-85 after Howard goes berserk in the second half. Insane shooting clinic he put on...
Uh oh. That's going to put a dent in Mid Major Madness's love affair with Buffalo.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

Don't count me as a strategy expert, but I believe in dancing with the one that brung ya, and for him, that's Havoc.

If that's the style he knows best, he should roll with it before Texas tries to come hire Keller.
57-54 in three plus years. CDC will not accept that level of mediocrity, particularly in one of the revenue sports. Shaka's tenure is running out.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

PurpleOut said:

57-54 in three plus years. CDC will not accept that level of mediocrity, particularly in one of the revenue sports. Shaka's tenure is running out.

Thought on Texas sites is Shaka's safe with a tourney appearance this year. That calculus is likely changed as we get closer to the new arena opening.
TallTexan
A&M just lost to Texas Southern. I just don't see them keeping Kennedy past this season at this rate. They're 6-5, but losing buy games is not a good the trajectory they want to be on.
nacluth
Wow, two huge wins for TSU this year. Sure would like to join them.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Yep me too!
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Actually three. Baylor, Oregon, A&M. Got paid to go win each of them.
PurpleOut
Staff
Antoine Davis, who we recruited last year, dropped 48 points tonight against Wright State.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Antoine Davis, who we recruited last year, dropped 48 points tonight against Wright State.

Dang. That's incredible.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si.com/college-basketball/2018/12/12/detroit-mercy-titans-antoine-davis-father-mike-coach

PurpleOut
Staff
Another former recruit, Kaden Archie, is transferring from TCU.
SFAJack_76
#13 Kentucky 75
Alabama 77
SFAXE93
Says he's going to Illinois, so there you go Brad Underwood.
SFAJack_76
#20 Iowa State 70
Baylor 73

I dislike being for Baylor. But under the circumstances for SFA resume'.
PurpleOut
Staff
Lost $ on that one.
Pilotgirl
The UTEP vs RICE buzzer beater with 1.5 seconds left on clock. Go Miners! I graduated HS in The Don Haskins Center and went to UTEP for 2 yrs, so glad they got the win!

Pilotgirl
I AM that fan shouting disbelief and excitement in the background.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Talk about shooting from downtown!! Elijah Hughes from Syracuse... (BTW, Cuse knocks off Duke at Cameron, 95-91 in OT.)

Pilotgirl
Wow.
TallTexan
Listening to The Eyes of Texas always reminds me that we need to give All Hail to SFA a peppy-er beat so that it doesn't sound like a funeral dirge.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Listening to The Eyes of Texas always reminds me that we need to give All Hail to SFA a peppy-er beat so that it doesn't sound like a funeral dirge.
Is was good that the fight song got changed some years back. Some things you just don't change. No, no, no.
TallTexan
Every time we win, it sounds like we lost. The music is mostly fine, the words are fine.

We literally just need to speed it up a bit, by about 25%. Then it goes from a dreary version to a rousing tune of the victorious.
Pilotgirl
Kinda awesome...!

SFA Jack Fanatic
Baylor just beat Alabama 73-68 in Waco in the SEC/Big 12 Challenge. The TV announcers mentioned that Baylor has only lost four home games to non-conference foes in the last six years. Wonder who was the last to do that??
PurpleOut
Staff
Forgot to mention I went to Indiana at Northwestern last week. The newly renovated Welsh-Ryan arena was fantastic. They had several things that I think we could do with new renovations (one side of suites, the other side that just had a reserved table at the top in front of concessions).

Miller Kopp played a few minutes and struggled pretty bad.

SFAXE93
heartbreaker

SFA Jack Fanatic
West Virginia dismissed two of their starters today, Esa Ahmad and Wesley Harris, for violation of athletic department policies.

See, it happens, folks. What happens here at SFA is not unique.
nacluth
Watching #9 Houston play UConn. It is not inspiring basketball. If we were Houston, on this board we would all be complaining about how we're playing like crap against a terrible team. Honestly I think it shows the parity in the NCAA's. This game is not that much different than many we have played this year.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Watching #9 Houston play UConn. It is not inspiring basketball. If we were Houston, on this board we would all be complaining about how we're playing like crap against a terrible team. Honestly I think it shows the parity in the NCAA's. This game is not that much different than many we have played this year.

We must be watching a different game. At least early on U of H was drawing defenders and making great cuts. I was coming back from a Valentines dinner so I missed the last 20 minutes. Could have degenerated but U of H sure looked good in the first few minutes.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.