2018-2019 NCAA Basketball

58,385 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shannon is showing in this tournament what he could have done if he had a supporting cast this past season.
nacluth
Pretty sure she was talking about Texas.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Oh. Never mind.....
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

nacluth said:

Oh. Never mind.....
Confused me to lol, but makes way more sense in restrospect.
nacluth
Pilotgirl
Yes...about Texas. I responded to sfa17 post about them.
sfa17
I'm hoping bogues can get a chance with a nba or g league team.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

I'm hoping bogues can get a chance with a nba or g league team.

Mason tweeted a clip of the above and said "coming to an NBA training camp near you".

I'd love to see him get a shot, I think he'll definitely play pro successfully at some level, but it might be overseas.
sfa17
Yeah, he can do like walkup. See if he can get into nba through g league or something for a season or 2. But if not go to Europe and get payed.
nacluth
Southland lost on last shot made. Bogues had a couple of close shots to win, and he pulled them back to tie it with the WCC. SLC through to the next round.
No-look
Almost pulled it off. Southland had its chances. On to the next one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Almost pulled it off. Southland had its chances. On to the next one.
Dang it. Missed that one. What time do they play again?
PurpleOut
Staff
Play tomorrow in the Round of 16 vs the ACC.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Play tomorrow in the Round of 16 vs the ACC.
I've got complete confidence that Shannon Bogues & company can handle Austin Community College.
nacluth
I saw both the ACC and the SLC play. The ACC capitalized on the 2 to 1 difference in points outside the arc. SLC has good drives to the bucket, but that means you have to score twice as much. They need to rain the threes in to beat the ACC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just curious. How much did they make from each of their two wins yesterday? How many of those $ingle$ in those bags did they get to keep?
Pilotgirl
Each win in the first round games (3 total) = 1000. So, the team won $2000 total from yesterday. Semi-final game win is $2000.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

Each win in the first round games (3 total) = 1000. So, the team won $2000 total from yesterday. Semi-final game win is $2000.

So, $250 apiece for each game. Peanuts. That beer company is getting lots of publicity for next to nothing, at the expense of these guys.
Pilotgirl
But NBA scouts are there & another opportunity for others to see your game so that's a win
SFA Jack Fanatic
Know something that we haven't seen in virtually all of the post-season NCAA games? A half dozen cheap traveling calls by the officials that were called in every SLC game. THIS is the way games should be called. Let 'em play!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

So, $250 apiece for each game. Peanuts. That beer company is getting lots of publicity for next to nothing, at the expense of these guys.
"at the expense of these guys."

I assume it is an all expenses paid trip to do what they love to do, and to do it in front of guys that might have influence over their future in the sport. And, they get the chance to make a little spending money. Nobody made them go. Perhaps I am missing your point, but that is just fine.
sfa17
if Virginia pulls it off in the championship, that is a guaranteed espn 30 for 30. I have them winning in my work bracket
SFA Jack Fanatic
A missed double dribble call sinks Auburn. As a former official, that was pretty obvious to me when it happened. I was surprised when it was not called at the time. But then again, officials get caught up in the moment and in the speed at which things happen.
sfa17
cboothe09
That has been the wildest search...Mussleman to Marshall back to Mussleman...
sfa17
Marshall talks seem dead. Rumor has It they may be waiting to offer beard after Monday but tech to Arkansas would be at best a lateral move.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Shannon and the SLC are eliminated in the Quarterfinals of the 3X3 by the WCC 22-14.
nacluth
Oh well. Got the final 8. Should have been set where we wouldn't play the WCC again, but I bet those guys don't mind getting $1000 for about an hour of play on a paid vacation.
SFAJack_76
Assistant to Gary Blair at SFA where she got her masters degree.

sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic
ESPN's Jeff Borzello has picked his Way-Way-Way-Too-Early Top 25 for the 2019-2020 season. Interesting: Texas Tech #14, Houston #20, and North Carolina and Tennessee way down at #23 and #25.

Rumor has it that a re-loaded SFA just missed his Top 25, coming in at #31.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26464237/loaded-michigan-state-leads-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

ESPN's Jeff Borzello has picked his Way-Way-Way-Too-Early Top 25 for the 2019-2020 season. Interesting: Texas Tech #14, Houston #20, and North Carolina and Tennessee way down at #23 and #25.

Rumor has it that a re-loaded SFA just missed his Top 25, coming in at #31.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26464237/loaded-michigan-state-leads-way-too-early-top-25-2019-20

I'm guessing that's a big NO but a nice thought. My guess is that we are in a pretty good place at PG, SG, SF. The big question to me is ; does Mitch develop like we hope? If so we might be a contender
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
Here's a different Way-Way-Way-Too-Early Top 25 for 2019-2020, this one from Scott Gleason from USAToday.

Once again, rumor has it that SFA is just barely off his radar, coming in at #26...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2019/04/09/preseason-college-basketball-top-25-rankings/3381228002/
nacluth
Ed, those things that TallTexan keeps texting you don't count as rumors. Or is he giving you a complimentary subscription to his Geezers box company?
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Ed, those things that TallTexan keeps texting you don't count as rumors. Or is he giving you a complimentary subscription to his Geezers box company?
The only thing the Texan has ever given me is grief.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.