2020 Basketball commits

51,403 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Signed.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Has Posey indicated when he would sign? We need to get that big fish in the boat.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Has Posey indicated when he would sign? We need to get that big fish in the boat.
He hasn't tweeted anything since his commitment on 10/5.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
G: Jaylin Posey 6-2; 190 *** #49 PG Nation #13 State (Rivals)
G: DeAndre Heckard 6-2; 170 *** (Rivals)
C: Nana Antwi-Boasiako 6-9; 225 *** #45 State (Rivals)

Not a bad haul!

sfa17
SFAJack_76
Posey at 13.
sfa17
nice pick up. #13 for Posey is the highest we have ever gotten on Texas Hoops Ranking. Hart and Solomon look like a steal right now, Cant wait to see what Posey, Nana and Deandre bring.
jboy93
Heckard had a really good game last night as TJC dominated Lee College! 16 points and he can really handle the ball bringing it up court. Several assist as well so like Cam, I think he is going to be another strong Apache coming to Nac. Looking forward to seeing Mitchell come to town with Trinity Valley.
No-look
Nine points first quarter.
SFAJack_76

SFA Jack Fanatic
Love it! Love it! Love it! Get ready to watch the next Shannon Bogues, folks!
SFAJack_76
Heckard is having a nice season for 11-0 TJC. He is averaging a little over 11 ppg on nearly 65% shooting. 71% from the FT line. He has a very good 1.9 assist to turnover ratio. Unfortunately they don't play at AC this season.
jboy93
Heckard is lighting it up here at TJC. The other night he had 17 points with 11 Steals! Not your normal double double! TJC is 15-0 and #7 in the country. Just a little shout out to the Apaches and current Jack C. Johnson! Oh I forgot that Keller has Apache roots as well!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Heckard is lighting it up here at TJC. The other night he had 17 points with 11 Steals! Not your normal double double! TJC is 15-0 and #7 in the country. Just a little shout out to the Apaches and current Jack C. Johnson! Oh I forgot that Keller has Apache roots as well!

11 steals! Wow! He could be a difference-maker next year! Thanks for the scouting report, Jeremy. Keep us updated.
No-look

Nice!
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
tangerito
https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/basketball/2020/01/19/boys-basketball-player-of-the-week-119-grand-prairies-jaylin-jackson-posey/
SFAJack_76
With the addition of Posey and Heckard, guard play next season should be fun.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

With the addition of Posey and Heckard, guard play next season should be fun.
Thanks for sharing, tangerito. Great article.

"My favorite part of the game is defense. I like the responsibility of stopping their best player." I like the sound of that!

And don't forget that we'll also have Kharee McDaniel at PG next season.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I don't think that is a certainty. It depends on him.
TallTexan
He was at the game on Saturday, which was good to see.

We need a good PG with John graduating.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 has been providing updates on Heckard at TJC. Posey has been in the Dallas Morning News a few times, But I 've seen virtually nothing on Nana at NHS. Can anyone provide some info on the kind of year he's been having?'
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 has been providing updates on Heckard at TJC. Posey has been in the Dallas Morning News a few times, But I 've seen virtually nothing on Nana at NHS. Can anyone provide some info on the kind of year he's been having?'
I haven't seen much of stats, but I know Nac is pretty solid this year and leading their district. And I've seen him in pic at our games.
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleOut said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I haven't seen much of stats, but I know Nac is pretty solid this year and leading their district. And I've seen him in pic at our games.
Side note, I wish we had a student section that put as much in the basketball games as Nac HS.

nacluth
I saw him at the SFA game Saturday, so he is definitely committed to showing support.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

PurpleOut said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Side note, I wish we had a student section that put as much in the basketball games as Nac HS.

I don't know when this was taken, but if that is packing the gym ....
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I don't think that is a certainty. It depends on him.

I don't understand why some are thinking he may not return next year. He's being redshirted. Did I miss something?
jboy93
GP15
PTS/G11.5
FG %62.0
3PT %41.7
FT %79.6
REB/G2.7
A/G5.5

Deandre Heckard's stats this season minus our last two games.
SFAJack_76
Nacogdoches beat Lufkin in a very low scoring game 44-35. Nana had ten points and "disrupted a multitude of Lufkin shots." According to the Lufkin Daily News. Keller was at the game. I did not make it. Slacker, I know.

Also:

Nana is #22.
PurpleForever
SFAJack_76 said:

Nacogdoches beat Lufkin in a very low scoring game 44-35. Nana had ten points and "disrupted a multitude of Lufkin shots." According to the Lufkin Daily News. Keller was at the game. I did not make it. Slacker, I know.

Also:

Nana is #22.

I watched a Nacogdoches game earlier this year and Nana did just about the same thing. Disruptive on the defensive end but not very polished on offense. As he matures I think his offensive moves will get better. He's just raw right now. Always fun to have a shot blocker though.
jboy93
Deandre Heckard added 23 points for TJC and was 6 of 6 at the charity stripe in a wild double overtime win against Trinity Valley. Side note Mitch Seraille did not even show up on the stat sheet!
cboothe09
Wonder what happened. He has seen a lot of PT this year. Started in 10 of 16 games and averages 12 points and 8 rebounds a game. Looking through their box scores, he hasn't played since a January 11th loss to Angelina College. He played 24 minutes and finished with 8 points, 4 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

Hope all is well with Mitch. Liked the potential he had and wish things could have worked out with him in Nac...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.