2020 Basketball commits

51,986 Views | 208 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFAJack_76
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
cboothe09 said:

Hope all is well with Mitch. Liked the potential he had and wish things could have worked out with him in Nac...
He was insanely athletic. Dude could jump out of the gym.
Ballwatch
Ballwatch
https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/2020/01/14/jaylin-poseys-return-to-grand-prairie-could-be-key-to-ending-one-of-the-longest-playoff-droughts-in-the-dallas-area/
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ballwatch said:

https://www.dallasnews.com/high-school-sports/2020/01/14/jaylin-poseys-return-to-grand-prairie-could-be-key-to-ending-one-of-the-longest-playoff-droughts-in-the-dallas-area/

Nice article. Thanks for sharing. Posey obviously has a great attitude, which is something that Coach K demands.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think we're going to witness the second coming of Shannon Bogues in Posey. Maybe not right away as he gets use to the speed and toughness of D-1 ball, but not long after.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Ballwatch said:

Nice article. Thanks for sharing. Posey obviously has a great attitude, which is something that Coach K demands.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I think we're going to witness the second coming of Shannon Bogues in Posey. Maybe not right away as he gets use to the speed and toughness of D-1 ball, but not long after.
I don't agree with the Bogues comparison. Posey is a true PG. Bogues had to play point because we didn't have anybody else. Bogues is a SG. Also, Bogues plays mediocre defense. I think Posey will be a better on ball defender. Bogues was great, but I see these two as being different players.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm liking his assist numbers more than his points. We'll really need him next year when Comeaux is gone.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm liking his assist numbers more than his points. We'll really need him next year when Comeaux is gone.
He looks like he's about 30. Maybe he will be seasoned and won't take long to grow into D1.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Agree. We will have others that can score. Of course, having a PG that is a threat to score is a plus.
No-look
jboy93
Getting to watch Nana play vs Whitehouse tonight. Needs to put some weight on for sure! One skinny dude.
jboy93
He's got all 9 of their points after 1st period.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Getting to watch Nana play vs Whitehouse tonight. Needs to put some weight on for sure! One skinny dude.

He's going to be a project. It may be a couple of years before he really contributes to the Jacks. He'll probably primarily be used as a shot blocker in his early years. Thankfully, we'll have Kensmil, Daniels, and Brown around next year to allow him time to grow and develop.
jboy93
Oh my...a project in deed! I would be surprised if he is not red shirted. He was chunking up 3's and not working inside at all. He had 6 inches on the tallest kid from Whitehouse and did not use that to his advantage. Going to be interesting to see what Keller does with him.
PurpleOut
Staff
jboy93 said:

Oh my...a project in deed! I would be surprised if he is not red shirted. He was chunking up 3's and not working inside at all. He had 6 inches on the tallest kid from Whitehouse and did not use that to his advantage. Going to be interesting to see what Keller does with him.
Coach Cox is great with working and developing big men. That's what I'm excited about for him.
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Jacking up threes and not working inside??? REDSHIRT HIM, FOR SURE! (Now I'm a bit concerned about why the Jacks signed him. Perhaps someone else can provide some additional info on him that would allay my concern.) Also, that doesn't sound like great coaching at NHS.
sfa17
jboy93 said:

I hope it is not a Gru type of project.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

jboy93 said:

Jacking up threes and not working inside??? REDSHIRT HIM, FOR SURE! (Now I'm a bit concerned about why the Jacks signed him. Perhaps someone else can provide some additional info on him that would allay my concern.) Also, that doesn't sound like great coaching at NHS.
I was thinking the same thing. Gavin might break him in practice!
MarkyMark622
His dad has been a Poly Sci Professor for many years, does that mean Nana gets to come to school for free? If so would he still count towards our scholarship limit? That would be great if he didn't!
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

jboy93 said:

Coach Cox is great with working and developing big men. That's what I'm excited about for him.
I'm so, so glad nobody's hired Cox away yet. If he saw Nana & thought he'd be a project worth taking on, that's good enough for me.
HJC69
I saw the Lufkin Nac game in Nac and came away impressed with him, I was with a former coach and he was impressed as well. He doesn't have to be great next year.
SFA Jack Fanatic
HJC69 said:

I saw the Lufkin Nac game in Nac and came away impressed with him, I was with a former coach and he was impressed as well. He doesn't have to be great next year.

Impressed you in what way? What skills did he show? Did he play more like a post player in that game?
SFAJack_76
They have recruited multi sport athletes.
SFAJack_76
Another one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I think you posted these two in the wrong place, Alan.
jboy93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

HJC69 said:

Impressed you in what way? What skills did he show? Did he play more like a post player in that game?
I certainly hope I am wrong. Like I've said many times, my basketball knowledge is very limited!
SFAJack_76
Nana and Nacogdoches win district. Nice gym. Terrible attendance.
PurpleOut
Staff
Can someone post the tournament bracket/matchups when they are announced?
SFAJack_76
Not completed yet.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Might try to go see Jaylin in Coppell tomorrow night.
SFA Jack Fanatic
A scouting report will be required, Purple.
PurpleOut
Staff
Didn't get to go, but Grand Prairie won and Jaylin led the way with 17 points.

They play Flower Mound on Friday, so I'll see if I can make it.

PurpleOut
Staff
I like that they had a better student section on a neutral court that is better than ours at home.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Nana and Nacogdoches won, too, beating Lindale 51-46. Nana and a teammate each had 15. NHS is 28-9 and will face Kaufman in Frankston on Friday.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.