2021 Volleyball

21,096 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dominating ULM through the first two sets. Humphreys playing more of her reserves. Really impressed with freshmen Kayla Grant and Valeria Rosado. May be the most quality depth we have had. The present, and future, is bright.
SFAJack_76
Tuesday at 6:30 in Shelton against 0-12 Prairie View. They are 1-36 in sets taking one from Huston Tillotson. This is the last match before our first WAC contest at UTRGV on Saturday.
SFAJack_76
Expect some lineup changes tonight. Need to rest some, and shake up some before WAC play. Should be interesting.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks 25-17, 25-9, 25-13.

Starters included freshmen Val Rosado and Kayla Grant. Also, Junior, Ari Pagan got her first match in the jersey at Libero. The first set, and the back end of the third set were ragged with various line ups. Still, a dominating win, and got accomplished what Humphreys wanted to. Attendance of 410 was the best of the season. Sorority and athletes were there. Atmosphere was the best of the season.

Freshman OH Valeria (Val) Rosado from Puerto Rico via Florida, with a double/double in kills and digs. She also had 2 service aces, and no service errors. Pay attention. She's good.
SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
SFA wins against UTRGV 3 sets to 1. Debbie had to make a lot of adjustments, which isn't surprising due to the circumstances. Great game to watch!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFA wins against UTRGV 3 sets to 1. Debbie had to make a lot of adjustments, which isn't surprising due to the circumstances. Great game to watch!

Didn't get to watch it. The stats are all over the place. Great blocking.
SFA Jack Fanatic
A closer match than I expected. But a win is a win.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Didn't get to watch it. The stats are all over the place. Great blocking.

Yes, it was very back and forth. We adjusted, they adjusted. We played and awful 2nd set. UTRGV has a couple really good players. They just don't have a Debbie Lol
Pilotgirl
Watched the 5th set between GCU and UVU....GCU won. Wasn't much impressed with either team.
SFAJack_76
Crazy high number for blocks. Big deal that Taya chose to use her Covid year.
SFAJack_76
From Humphreys, "Hard fought win - fun atmosphere."
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

From Humphreys, "Hard fought win - fun atmosphere."

The crowd was loud; their mascot was there...hopefully our atmosphere will get loud again at home with conference play. I can't make home volleyball games but am.planning to go to the Sam and Lamar away games.
Pilotgirl
Congrats to our Ladyjacks with their WAC conference game debut!
Pilotgirl
Playing against ACU at home now...tuning in on ESPN+ ! Alan, is the crowd better tonight?
SFAJack_76
Decent crowd. Football is here.

Our grad transfer setter is not here. I don't know why. So, our second setter is a freshman walk on. Troublesome.
SFAJack_76
The football team has been great!
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

That's great! I see Pagan was switched to libero...
Pilotgirl
SFA leads 2 sets to 0 but ACU is making a comeback in this 3rd set
Pilotgirl
Wow...that was a crazy save!
Pilotgirl
SFA wins 3 sets to 0!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

That's great! I see Pagan was switched to libero...
Pagan practiced some at libero last spring. She wore the jersey in the PV match. Ortega went back to libero the first two sets at UTRGV, but did not play well. Pagan played libero the last two sets. I Ari to be in the jersey tonight, before I knew Ortega wasn't going to be there.

We played well, particularly considering our best setter wasn't there. Walk on Trinity Funderburk played fine with 12 assists, and 8 digs. Freshman OH Val Rosado is crazy good. Twelve kills, 4 aces, and 8 digs, playing all six rotations.

Announced attendance of 341. Well under some of the 500 - 600 we had two years ago. The crowd that was there was fully engaged.
Pilotgirl
SFA up 2 to 0 against Tarleton at home. First set was close, 2nd set much better.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

SFA up 2 to 0 against Tarleton at home. First set was close, 2nd set much better.

SFA sweeps Tarleton, 3 sets to none
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Attendance 92. Garcia playing and having 25 assists was huge. The good Cerny showed up with ten kills on 18 swings. Powell is playing really good.

Next five on the road. Not home again until October 28.
Pilotgirl
We are planning on attending the game vs Sam on Friday night. Do they play in the same facility as basketball or is it separate? I'm sure Alan will know the answer to this question....
PurpleOut
Staff
Yeah they play in their Coliseum too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Attendance 92. Garcia playing and having 25 assists was huge. The good Cerny showed up with ten kills on 18 swings. Powell is playing really good.

"the good Cerny". She does seem to slip into the shadows in some matches, doesn't she?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

"the good Cerny". She does seem to slip into the shadows in some matches, doesn't she?
Hard to believe that anyone 6'4" can slip into the shadows, but yes. Sometimes she completely disappears. Other times, she is great. Since we were at NRG, our tickets went to a guy and his volleyball playing daughter. Saw him today, and he was wowed by Cerny. I told him they got to see the good Cerny. When she is on, look out. When she isn't, get out.

Attendance was only 92, but he talked about how loud it was, and what a great game experience it was. They probably will go back.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

We are planning on attending the game vs Sam on Friday night. Do they play in the same facility as basketball or is it separate? I'm sure Alan will know the answer to this question....
PurpleOut answered it, but yes they play in their awful version of Johnson Coliseum. We were there last season when we clinched the conference title. That was sweet. We will be at soccer in Nacogdoches, or would be there with you.
Pilotgirl
Thanks for the info!
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Hard to believe that anyone 6'4" can slip into the shadows, but yes. Sometimes she completely disappears. Other times, she is great. Since we were at NRG, our tickets went to a guy and his volleyball playing daughter. Saw him today, and he was wowed by Cerny. I told him they got to see the good Cerny. When she is on, look out. When she isn't, get out.

Attendance was only 92, but he talked about how loud it was, and what a great game experience it was. They probably will go back.

Ive got tickets we rarely use if they want to go again.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

Ive got tickets we rarely use if they want to go again.
Thanks. I will keep that in mind for them. Hard to believe, but there's only three home matches left.
SFAXE93
Pilotgirl
I've seen 6 and 630...will have to get some clarification since we are going to this game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.