2021 Volleyball

21,087 Views | 231 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It would be nice to get another crack at Arkansas.
nacluth
Has their been courtside seating during the season or is that special for the tournament?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Has their been courtside seating during the season or is that special for the tournament?
They have been available all season.
SFAJack_76
  • Abilene Christian University notified head volleyball coach Angela Mooney on Monday of its intent to seek new leadership. In five years at the helm, Mooney compiled an overall record of 49-76.
nacluth
Playing against SFA and Sam and there 30+ year coaches has to be daunting.
SFAXE93
Watch the Ladyjacks win this thing!
SFAJack_76
I hope there is a halfway decent crowd. Tonight, I suspect it will be poor. If we win, perhaps we will outnumber the Razorbacks tomorrow.
SFAJack_76
Decent crowd. Baseball is here. At least some because Johnny brought food. Several softball players and coaches.
SFAJack_76
Ugly 3-1 win. Debbie played just about everybody.
SFAXE93
Arkansas is going to be a tough one.
SFAJack_76
Attendance 210. We were better to much better in every stat except blocks. We played 16 of the 20 on the roster, when we usually play 8 or 9. Kennedy Wright hurt her knee on a kill. On crutches after the match. Jackson State is very athletic, but we did not play good in sets 2 and 3. Debbie was very upset with both our players, and the down ref. I am confident she knows a lot more about volleyball than he does.
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

Attendance 210. We were better to much better in every stat except blocks. We played 16 of the 20 on the roster, when we usually play 8 or 9. Kennedy Wright hurt her knee on a kill. On crutches after the match. Jackson State is very athletic, but we did not play good in sets 2 and 3. Debbie was very upset with both our players, and the down ref. I am confident she knows a lot more about volleyball than he does.

Hopefully we can draw a crowd for Arkansas. At least 400. Should be better but the student (Axeperience) doesn't seem engaged.
SFAJack_76
Small crowd. Contreras at Libero. First time.
nacluth
Christmas parade is packed.
SFAJack_76
Dominated. Season over.
SFAJack_76
The WAC had five teams in the NIVC. Only one of the five had a win. Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
Another assistant coach gone for a HC job.
ACUtrackfan
The Sawmill has some very strong posters about VB (I check the Sawmill about VB and T&F periodically). How does this hire look for the Wildcats. On the surface, it looks like a great hire, but would love to get your input.

Incidentally, I will be at the Carl Kight Invitational in person this year -- I will have an officials role there.
SFAJack_76
ACUtrackfan said:

The Sawmill has some very strong posters about VB (I check the Sawmill about VB and T&F periodically). How does this hire look for the Wildcats. On the surface, it looks like a great hire, but would love to get your input.

Incidentally, I will be at the Carl Kight Invitational in person this year -- I will have an officials role there.
Good hire. Technically sound. Good recruiter. Relates with the players at a high level. Been learning from one of the best at SFA. Personable, approachable, and well spoken. Perhaps the highest praise I can give Alisa is that I hate to see her leave.
ACUtrackfan
Thanks, 76 -- that is high praise indeed.
Pilotgirl
ACUtrackfan said:

Thanks, 76 -- that is high praise indeed.

Can definitely say yall got a good one
SFAJack_76

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.