2019 Ladyjack Soccer

25,959 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
SFAXE93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
In 6 seasons at Iowa State

33-71-6 OVERALL
7-40-4 BIG 12 RECORD

Best Season was in 2016 10-8-1

Resigned from Iowa State...
https://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/soccer/tony-minatta-resigns-as-iowa-state-head-coach/article_6db349de-fa5d-11e9-ae59-3f1d513d3f9e.html

This is like the Tennis Coach hire.
BigJack85
It's a story of redemption...... SFA becomes "second chance U" for coaches.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
I know, it's an interesting strategy by Ivey.

It's so Moneyball
BigJack85
I'm sure we'll be competitive in soccer regardless. Will we win conference championships soon? I doubt it. Not until we have a place for the girls to play with a dressing room and bathrooms. Simply can't win recruiting battles with ZERO facilities.
TallTexan
Do we have a plan for facilities?
BigJack85
Yes. Soccer is pretty low on the list. We'll find out how the fundraising goes for the 100th anniversary.
Pilotgirl
ummm.....good hire? 2 seasons, his teams went winless in conference play. Gonna wait on this one...and cross my fingers and toes.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

I'm sure we'll be competitive in soccer regardless. Will we win conference championships soon? I doubt it. Not until we have a place for the girls to play with a dressing room and bathrooms. Simply can't win recruiting battles with ZERO facilities.
What happened to the $50k put into the locker room a few years ago?
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

ummm.....good hire? 2 seasons, his teams went winless in conference play. Gonna wait on this one...and cross my fingers and toes.

It's an interesting hire. Honestly, I don't have a clue how to assess a soccer coach candidate.

My guess, looking at his background, is with his experience on the club and Olympic development level that Ivey was going after someone for development rather than a strategist?

Maybe one of our soccer fans can weigh in on it.

Crank dat Lumberjack
BigJack85 said:

Were we not winning recruiting battles with the previous coach when we were winning championships?
Crank dat Lumberjack
SFAXE93 said:

In 6 seasons at Iowa State

33-71-6 OVERALL
7-40-4 BIG 12 RECORD

Best Season was in 2016 10-8-1

Resigned from Iowa State...
https://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports/soccer/tony-minatta-resigns-as-iowa-state-head-coach/article_6db349de-fa5d-11e9-ae59-3f1d513d3f9e.html

This is like the Tennis Coach hire.

Exactly. Why hire a retread?

If you couldn't get it done with Big XII resources, good luck here!
BigJack85
Post on Facebook looks like soccer is getting some updates/upgrades.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Post on Facebook looks like soccer is getting some updates/upgrades.
Beyond the grandstands that have been planned for a few months, I don't know what it might be. Season tickets should go on sale before too long.
TallTexan
I didn't know coach was a Marine.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.