2019 Ladyjack Soccer

26,019 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like a probable miss on the tournament.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

Looks like a probable miss on the tournament.
It is a tough road. Our final three are on the road at third place ACU, second place UIW, and seventh place Sam. SLU has home games against ninth place ACU and fifth place NSU, finishing with a road match at winless Nicholls. It is soccer, so you never know.
BigJack85
The trajectory of our program is a bit of a concern. Hopeful that Crittenden can reorient this group.
BigJack85
Loss in overtime to a good Abilene Christian squad. At least we are playing some young girls.
SFAJack_76
Now tied for eighth, and the final tournament spot, with UCA. SLU is one game back in tenth. The first seven are in, and just playing for position. Two to go.

In the ACU game, SFA keeper Madeline Talbot made 18 saves. SFA was outshot 36-12.
nacluth
OT has hurt us this year. That's 3 conference losses in OT I believe. I have faith we'll sneak in, but a squeaker like last year.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

OT has hurt us this year. That's 3 conference losses in OT I believe. I have faith we'll sneak in, but a squeaker like last year.
I want to believe, but don't see how we get in. Hope they prove me wrong.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks win 1-0 in 2 OT! SLU loses to NSU putting us one full game, or three points, ahead for the last tournament spot.
nacluth
Wow. Great job Ladyjacks!!!
nacluth
SFA strikes first against Sam!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
nacluth
Starting second with the 1-0 lead despite being outshot 12-1, but we made ours count.
BigJack85
Keep it going. Up 2-0 in the 62nd minute.
nacluth
2 shots, 2 goals!
BigJack85
Kats get a penalty kick. Still up 2-1. 80th minute.
BigJack85
Win Win. Win.

Axe 'Em Jacks
nacluth
With the season on the line, Ladyjacks come up with two huge clutch wins to advance to the tournament! Great job Ladyjacks! Playing their best ball late.
BigJack85
Any win against Sammie is good.
cboothe09
Update from Conway: Not. Good.
nacluth
40 minutes in and it's 4-0. That is rough. Looks like we have something to build on next season.
BigJack85
0-4..... yikes.
SFAJack_76
Seventh place last season followed by eighth place this year. Last season at least had a run in the tournament. Not the Ladyjack soccer standard. 2020 needs to be much improved.
SFAXE93
Lamar is the new king or should I say queen of the SLC as they won their second title out of 3 years.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Lamar is the new king or should I say queen of the SLC as they won their second title out of 3 years.
Holeman was a great hire. Two championships in four years after taking over a program that was not competitive.
BigJack85
Ya. I would think we need to be back to contending (2nd, 3rd or 4th) at minimum. It's still a pretty good job for a mid major A little sprinkle of facilities wouldn't hurt.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Adios, Walleyball. We hardly knew ye....

Crittenden "elevated" into Athletics administration. Ivey does not put up with failure for very long. That's a good thing.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76
Interesting and, I think, a good move all around.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Adios, Walleyball. We hardly knew ye....

Crittenden "elevated" into Athletics administration. Ivey does not put up with failure for very long. That's a good thing.

I wouldn't call Wally's tenure a failure. Certainly some regression over the past couple of years. Maybe it was getting stale. I'll be interested in what the "elevation" is.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

I'll be interested in what the "elevation" is.

Apparently, he'll be replacing a lady who is retiring as the ticket manager. If true, that doesn't sound like much of a promotion.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

I'll be interested in what the "elevation" is.

Apparently, he'll be replacing a lady who is retiring as the ticket manager. If true, that doesn't sound like much of a promotion.
Confident that he will not be replacing the ticket manager job. Probably some reorganization in the department with her retirement simply opening up a slot. My guess.
nacluth
Wally seems to be at the forefront of expanding student experience through the new LSI. A step into administration would probably help him facilitate some of the vision he has.
BigJack85
nacluth said:

Wally seems to be at the forefront of expanding student experience through the new LSI. A step into administration would probably help him facilitate some of the vision he has.

I thought that would be part of the play. We need help with fundraising also!
TallTexan
Glad to see this. Knew we were gonna probably gonna have to make some changes in soccer this year but didn't want to lose what Wally brought to the Athletic department.

I think this is a win win for the university. He'll be a force on innovation within the AD.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

This.

I haven't heard anything about that in I don't know how long. Wally was the main driver with that project so I assume that this will be most of that and let him actually work on it and grow it.

And hopefully it is part of the ticket system, because overall, that department needs a ton of work. It's better than it was a few years ago, but it's still very...old school.
TallTexan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.