2019 Ladyjack Soccer

26,025 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TallTexan
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Coming off the final minutes win over HBU, the Ladyjacks play Lamar tonight in a chance to even up the season. While the first three games have been quite difficult, one of the great things about Southland soccer is some decent play tonight could skew our season's results dramatically. Lamar at their home is no easy task, but if we can take more than 6 shots in the game, then we have a chance. 2-2 for this team is going to be worlds better than 1-3.
BigJack85
Agreed. A few nice bounces and we could be back in the mix. No easy task as has been mentioned. Lamar is no slouch
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Anybody getting stats or video on the Lamar game? I got nothing.
BigJack85
Nothing here. Lamars connection isn't reporting
nacluth
Lightning delay
BigJack85
Ahhhhhh
nacluth
Three straight corners from Lamar finally connects in the 7th minute. Down 1-0.
nacluth
Make that 2-0 in the same minute due to a PK on goal scoring play.
nacluth
Goal by Termini to get back one. Outshot 10-3 (7-2) in the 26th minute, but back to 2-1 Lamar.
nacluth
Really a blistering first half with 20 shots combined (14-6). SFA does good to stay in it after the two quick points down. The goal by Termini going a long way to keeping this one in reach. SFA 1 - 2 Lamar. End of first.
nacluth
Having a hard time slowing down shots. Lamar 3-1.
BigJack85
Ya. We are looking helpless now. Just seems like we don't have full deck.
nacluth
Now at 1-4 after dropping the game to McNeese this afternoon. The game went to OT after finishing tied at 1. McNeese scored late in OT for the win.

SFA goalkeepers had 10 saves; McNeese 0. This was because our only shot on goal in two hours of play went in.
BigJack85
I think 76 has echoed the same concerns. Complete ineptitude on the offensive side. It may be talent related. I feel like getting a facility needs to be one of two or three capital projects for the PLF. I think it's best to limit the number of projects pursued (at least full force) so that we can focus resources on two or three items. Of course, if a significant donor came forward for example with $2,000,000 to fund Homer Bryce upgrades than that's how the money is spent. But if small donations and auxiliary funds could start a Soccer Project that would be a priority... I think.
SFAJack_76
1-4 in SLC with only six matches left in the season. Next is on the road at 0-5 UCA. Playing just to make the tournament now. This one is a must win.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

I think 76 has echoed the same concerns. Complete ineptitude on the offensive side. It may be talent related. I feel like getting a facility needs to be one of two or three capital projects for the PLF. I think it's best to limit the number of projects pursued (at least full force) so that we can focus resources on two or three items. Of course, if a significant donor came forward for example with $2,000,000 to fund Homer Bryce upgrades than that's how the money is spent. But if small donations and auxiliary funds could start a Soccer Project that would be a priority... I think.

I agree our current soccer facilities are lacking. Beyond the project being headed by the fraternity for grandstands, I don't know of anything that can be done in the current location in the floodplain. Nor do I know of any on-campus space for a new facility. Curious 85 what you are thinking. I don't think facilities are the biggest soccer result issue right now. Other non revenue sports with poor facilities have national recruiting. Why not soccer?
nacluth
We may not shoot much, but we make them count. Up 1-0 in the 70th minute against UCA.
SFAJack_76
Outshot 18-6, but got the win.
nacluth
Had to get the win and we got it. Like last year, get in the tournament and win.

Have a week off and the get winless Nicholls at home and then SELA both teams under us in standings. Two wins there will put us in decent standing at 4-4.
BigJack85
Ya. Maybe a little momentum with Nicholls coming up.
SFAJack_76
SLU and Nicholls are a combined 1-11 in SLC. Last two home games for the Ladyjacks. Win both, and we are in decent shape to make the tournament. Lose one or both, and the road is tough. At best.

When was the last time SFA did not make the tournament?
BigJack85
At least 10 years.
nacluth
Wally's teams have gone every year and made the finals in most - including last year. We haven't gotten over the hump into the NCAA's, but we've continually put ourselves in position.
SFAJack_76
Perfect evening for soccer. Let's see how we do against 0-6 Nicholls.
BigJack85
Nice start.
SFAJack_76
Dominant 3-0 first half by the Ladyjacks. We were technically better and much more physical.
nacluth
A must win, and they're playing great.
SFAJack_76
6-0 final. Nicholls is not good, but that was a dominant win.
nacluth
Hopefully this gives us the confidence to shoot and level up the season in conference play.
SFAJack_76
After last night, Ladyjacks are two games ahead of a trio in ninth place with four games to go. Sunday at home against 1- 6 SLU. This is a must win with the last three on the road against UIW, ACU, and Sam. Those three are almost certain to be tournament teams.
nacluth
Yep. Must win. If we can get it, I think we're making the tournament; if we lose, it's going to be nip and tuck like last year.
SFAJack_76
Warm, bright sun, slight breeze from the south. Small crowd. Must win.
SFAJack_76
1-0 good guys at the half. SLU is much better than Nichols. They play very physical and the ref is letting it go.
nacluth
Well junk.
SFAJack_76
Yep. Now one game clear of ninth place.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.