Ladyjack Bowling

63,399 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Good list to be on.

SFAXE93
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFAJack_76
It is how you finish, but this is nice.

SFAXE93
SFA loses in a bowl off to Louisiana Tech in the Sugar Bowl Championship.
SFA Jack Fanatic
One of SFA's most successful programs fails to get mentioned here very often. (Shame on us!) So here's goes...

Our nationally sixth-ranked SFA Bowling Team finished in 6th place at the Wisconsin-Whitewater tournament today, including wins over two other nationally ranked teams in Maryville and Wisconsin-Whitewater. This completed their Fall schedule.

These ladies have brought national attention to our university and to our Athletics program since they were formed a few years ago, including our one and only team national championship.

Proud of these ladies!

BigJack85
Way to go ladies!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Putting this here rather than starting a recruiting thread.

BigJack85
Good job Ed and 76.... if I knew anything about bowling I'd be more supportive!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/11/27/womens-bowling-bowling-announces-signing-of-lauren-tomaszewski.aspx
SFAJack_76
Nice.

SFAJack_76
Bowling still looking good.

SFAJack_76
Nice tournament win.

SFA Jack Fanatic
Wonderful! These ladies don't get nearly the recognition they deserve.
Pilotgirl
A past NCAA title....they should get tons of recognition. Key word: SHOULD. I don't care if isn't a contact sport...it is still competing at a high level against other teams across the US. 'Nuff said.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Fourth in a loaded field.

nacluth
Arkansas State and Vanderbilt are tough teams in the Southland. Hopefully we build toward the end of the year like last year.
SFAJack_76
Yep. They're good.

Pilotgirl
Woohoo! Bout time for another NCAA Championship!
SFAJack_76
Team finished fifth of twelve in a loaded field.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Rolling.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
#4 seed Ladyjacks beat #5 seed Tulane, fall to #1 seed Vandy in the Southland tournament today. They will play Tulane again in the loser's bracket tomorrow.
nacluth
Maybe we can meet them in the final.
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks beat Tulane and Arkansas State today. Bowl against Vandy in the morning. Winner goes to a championship match against Sam. Either SFA or Vandy will have to beat Sam twice tomorrow to win the championship in this double elimination tournament.

The winner of the Southland Bowling League gets an automatic bid to the NCAA.
Pilotgirl
SFA finishes 3rd. Vandy vs Sam in final.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFA finishes 3rd. Vandy vs Sam in final.
And now we wait. NCAA championship has 12 teams, which is up from ten last year. Eight of those slots are auto bids including the winner of the Southland Bowling League. That is up from six in 2018. So, either Vandy or Sam gets the SBL auto bid. Both of them are going to finish ahead of SFA in the league tournament, and are ranked ahead of SFA RPI. I expect one of the at large bids goes to the league runner up. That leaves three at large bids, with SFA hoping to get one of those. SFA RPI was #6 going into the league tournament, behind #5 Arkansas State, who we beat yesterday. Will the NCAA give three of the four at large bids to one league, or does SFA or Arkansas State get left out?

SFA got left out of the ten team tournament in 2018 in spite of getting to the league championship match. Our resume' is better this year. The selection show is scheduled for 3:00 PM CDT, Wednesday, March 27.
TallTexan
We are the SEC of bowling. Let's take all the bids!
SFAJack_76
!!!!
nacluth
Great. It would be tough to be rated so high and miss it. Go get them Ladyjacks!
SFAJack_76
Interesting. If I understand it, four top seeded teams advanced to the Championship Bracket, while the other eight have matches to determine the four that fill out the bracket. We bowl PV in Houston with the winner going to the Championship Bracket which is in Ohio and is double elimination. And, if we beat PV, our first match in Ohio is against .... Sam.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2019/3/27/womens-bowling-ladyjacks-gain-at-large-bid-to-2019-ncaa-bowling-championship.aspx
CertifiedAxeman98
I am considering taking off and heading down to Emerald Bowl in Alief to watch them if I can get away from work next Friday. I grew up bowling at Emerald Bowl. My oldest says that I must go since they are in Houston bowling in a place I spent a lot of time in as a kid.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.