Ladyjack Bowling

64,421 Views | 360 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Certified... you are a true fan. I've been known to make a club soccer game for SFA but outside of that my regular support consists of 2 - 4 MBB games, 2 - 3 FB games and possibly 1 or 2 WBB games (in person). Although this year I only made 1 WBB.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

I am considering taking off and heading down to Emerald Bowl in Alief to watch them if I can get away from work next Friday. I grew up bowling at Emerald Bowl. My oldest says that I must go since they are in Houston bowling in a place I spent a lot of time in as a kid.
Do it!
CertifiedAxeman98
The main reason I am looking at going is because they will be bowling at Emerald Bowl where I grew up bowling, was in leagues, travel leagues and went to City and State Tournaments all the way through HS. I was a better at bowling then tennis or basketball but few schools had men's bowling teams so I pick SFA for other reasons and hung up my bowling shoes. I need to figure out if I need a ticket or something between now and next Friday. It is not a big place but I know that they hold PBA events there so we will see what it is like. From some recent pics online the place looks pretty much the same as it did 20+ years ago. They painted it some bright colors put in computer scoring, and took out the bench seating but other than that it looked the same.

I watched the Ladyjacks bowl in the SLC tourney online some and they have a good team and are 6th in RPI but basically they are in a play in game with PV-A&M. Winner gets to go to Cleveland to play in the real tourney.

If I am able to go I will post some pics.
djsfw57
SFAJack_76 said:

Interesting. If I understand it, four top seeded teams advanced to the Championship Bracket, while the other eight have matches to determine the four that fill out the bracket. We bowl PV in Houston with the winner going to the Championship Bracket which is in Ohio and is double elimination. And, if we beat PV, our first match in Ohio is against .... Sam.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2019/3/27/womens-bowling-ladyjacks-gain-at-large-bid-to-2019-ncaa-bowling-championship.aspx
I hope they win and go to the championship bracket. The championship is only about 30 minutes from my home, so it would be awesome to get to see them in person!
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I hope they win and go to the championship bracket. The championship is only about 30 minutes from my home, so it would be awesome to get to see them in person!
Hope they make it happen. Maybe you can cheer them on to another national title, 57!
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98
I'm here ladies just started. Light crowd. Should have brought my latter like several have so I can see better.
CertifiedAxeman98
Ladyjacks win the traditional and if they win the baker they go to Ohio.
CertifiedAxeman98
Ladyjacks win. On to Cleveland.

nacluth
Nice! Always good to play for the championship.
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98
If you go you may want to put a ladder or step stool in your vehicle. Several people had them last Friday so they could see better. Not sure how it will be in Cleveland. They may have stands if your lucky. They normally have stands on the last day.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
Ladyjacks beat Sam to advance in the winners bracket. Bowl McKendree at 3:00.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Ladyjacks beat Sam to advance in the winners bracket. Bowl McKendree at 3:00.
THIS IS FANTASTIC!!!!
SFAJack_76
Link to the bracket. McKendree is the #2 seed.
https://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/public/files/BRACKET_WBW_ChampionshipBracket_2019.pdf
nacluth
Nice. It's always a good day to beat Sam.
SFAJack_76
One of two teams to go 2-0! Oh, and Sam went 0-2 to be eliminated.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
Post match press conference.
djsfw57
Bravo!! I couldn't go watch the Ladyjacks today because of work, and I'll miss the match tomorrow, so I'm really hoping they get to bowl Saturday so I can see them. I even ordered a new SFA shirt from the online store to wear. GO LADYJACKS!!!
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

Bravo!! I couldn't go watch the Ladyjacks today because of work, and I'll miss the match tomorrow, so I'm really hoping they get to bowl Saturday so I can see them. I even ordered a new SFA shirt from the online store to wear. GO LADYJACKS!!!
Guaranteed to bowl Saturday. If they lose Friday afternoon, they bowl an elimination match Saturday at 9:00 AM EDT. If they win today, they bowl at 6:30 PM EDT Saturday for the national championship.
SFAJack_76
The final four.
TallTexan
Ladyjacks win! They're going Bowling! For a national championship!
SFAJack_76
Sweet! Nebraska and Vandy play in the morning for the opportunity to play the Ladyjacks for the national championship.
TallTexan
We're a bowling school.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks beat Maryland Eastern Shore, play for the National Championship tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks
Great news..take em to the woodshed tomorrow Ladys. Let's get that 2nd title.
SFA Jack Fanatic
LADYJACKS PLAY FOR AN NCAA NATIONAL TITLE TODAY AT 5:30 PM ON ESPNU.
SFASawmillGuy
I'm frustrated that the Espn app has E-Sports, Chess, and "Snooker" but not bowling.
SFAJack_76
Vandy and Nebraska still going at it to determine SFA's opponent.
djsfw57
Anyone able to go to the championship tonight? If so, let me know. It would be nice to meet some home folk!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.