#14 SFA / #3 Texas Tech

83,631 Views | 300 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sfa17
TallTexan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TheRevSFA said:

Anyways, see y'all thursday Just look for the guy in the purple suit and SFA tie.
Mark Cuban's going to be wearing a purple suit & SFA tie?
SfaFan15
Maybe it's just me, I haven't looked at the stats, but I feel like our offensive rebounding (and rebounding in general) was the best it has been all season during SLC Tourney. Well, maybe minus the second half against SLU. If we can carry that into the game against Tech, and if we can pass the ball well too then I think it will end up being a very close game.

We take high percentage shots, so even if we're forced to slow down I think we could make it work. We've always been the small team in terms of size when we've played in past tournaments, so that doesn't make me too nervous really. The more I look at this match-up, the more excited I get about it. I can't wait to see what the crowd looks like inside the AAC.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I don't know if it's jealousy after reading you guys' comments about going, or if it's just my fear of possibly missing something great, but...

I'M IN!!!! Crow's Nest, Section 308, Row H. See ya there, Jacks!!
jboy93
Same section...we will see you there! GO JACKS!
TheRevSFA
TallTexan said:

TheRevSFA said:

Anyways, see y'all thursday Just look for the guy in the purple suit and SFA tie.
Mark Cuban's going to be wearing a purple suit & SFA tie?

Shhhhhhhh
TallTexan
edstile said:

I don't know if it's jealousy after reading you guys' comments about going, or if it's just my fear of possibly missing something great, but...

I'M IN!!!! Crow's Nest, Section 308, Row H. See ya there, Jacks!!
I think you were just trying to one up NacLuth.
SFA Jack Fanatic
If you'll look at the Prediction Contest you will see that that is not hard to do....
nacluth
A guy tries to get a couple hours of work in and this is what he's greeted with?

There goes the courtside seats I was going to ask you to join me with on Saturday.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

A guy tries to get a couple hours of work in and this is what he's greeted with?

There goes the courtside seats I was going to ask you to join me with on Saturday.
That's what you get for working during March Madness.
BigJack85
edstile said:

SFAELITE said:

If you're happy that we made the tournament and okay with us losing then do nothing. If you want to improve the program, do whatever your budget or current situation (like donating gifts) to the program.

Perhaps like supporting the program by being an ANNUAL CONTRIBUTOR TO THE VARSITY CLUB. And supporting The Sawmill by becoming a PREMIUM MEMBER OF THE SAWMILL.
I think there's been enough of this.... Let's get on board for a few days... maybe a couple of weeks.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Get hyped!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Lumberjack2009
Fellow Jacks,

I'll never forget my senior year at SFA watching us taking down Sam in Katy to get our first ever bid to the tourney. My roomate and I were so ecstatic that we decided to drive on down to Miami and watch our game against Syracuse. We were members of another not so winning athletic program at the time, and seeing our B-ball team have success at such a high level was pretty awesome.

Currently I couldn't be more proud to wear purple. I'd like to say thanks to all the sawmill "dudes" for the work you do in keeping alumni and fans engaged with the going ons of the program. Being an "out of towner", it's really nice to have a platform to keep up with things. We all share a common love and passion for SFA as a University, and I really think it's a special time to be a Lumberjack.

I've seen a lot of back and forth on here about Keller. I've got to say, I'm a fan. Very impressive to turn around and get the bid after just one year of rebuilding. What stands out to me most is that he seems to recruit young guys of high character. It's reflected in the way they play the game, and they appear to me to be a team that has bought in to their coach. Can't wait for Thursday night, I think our guys will come out swinging and that 11.5 point spread in Vegas don't mean a thang! AXE EM JACKS
nacluth
Just in case you're in Dallas tomorrow.

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
djsfw57
INiedrauer said:

Ballwatch said:

https://wreckemred.com/2018/03/12/texas-tech-basketball-know-your-enemy-stephen-f-austin/
I'll be honest, I actually found quite a few problems with stuff in this.
I had many problems, the least of which was the misspelling of Keller's name after spelling it correctly at the beginning. I wish he would go back and watch the tape of Coach Huggins saying, "SFA just thinks they play our style of defense. They don't." (Maybe a few words off since I don't recall exactly...) We showed him that we not only played his style of defense, we did it BETTER than WVU.

It's ok though. I love it when we sneak up on teams. Kind of fun to look at their shell-shocked faces. <eg>
djsfw57
SFAELITE said:

Ballwatch said:

https://wreckemred.com/2018/03/12/texas-tech-basketball-know-your-enemy-stephen-f-austin/
Do ya'll think they misspelled Kellers name numerous times on purpose?
That is exactly what I thought when I read the article.
SFA Jack Fanatic
djsfw57 said:

SFAELITE said:

Ballwatch said:

Do ya'll think they misspelled Kellers name numerous times on purpose?
That is exactly what I thought when I read the article.
Me, too. And the same with using 'S.F.A.' Whoever wrote that thing knows better unless he's been hiding under a rock for the last five years.
nacluth
Essentially where they've been Ed. The only time they've made the tourney in the last decade was in 2016 and they didn't advance. Now they're back and can hang out with the cool kids and maybe learn some of their names.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfa17
The only thing they will remember after Thursday is how many points Bogues dropped on them.
BigJack85
Lumberjack2009 said:

Fellow Jacks,

I'll never forget my senior year at SFA watching us taking down Sam in Katy to get our first ever bid to the tourney. My roomate and I were so ecstatic that we decided to drive on down to Miami and watch our game against Syracuse. We were members of another not so winning athletic program at the time, and seeing our B-ball team have success at such a high level was pretty awesome.

Currently I couldn't be more proud to wear purple. I'd like to say thanks to all the sawmill "dudes" for the work you do in keeping alumni and fans engaged with the going ons of the program. Being an "out of towner", it's really nice to have a platform to keep up with things. We all share a common love and passion for SFA as a University, and I really think it's a special time to be a Lumberjack.

I've seen a lot of back and forth on here about Keller. I've got to say, I'm a fan. Very impressive to turn around and get the bid after just one year of rebuilding. What stands out to me most is that he seems to recruit young guys of high character. It's reflected in the way they play the game, and they appear to me to be a team that has bought in to their coach. Can't wait for Thursday night, I think our guys will come out swinging and that 11.5 point spread in Vegas don't mean a thang! AXE EM JACKS

The Sawmill dudes ROCK. The Sawmill girl (Emily?) ROCKS!!!!!!
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Lumberjack2009
*Dudettes
INiedrauer
Staff
Our half of an upcoming Q&A with Staking the Plains: http://www.stakingtheplains.com/2018/03/14/march-madness-qa-with-the-sawmill-about-sfa-hoops/
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
Good stuff Isaac, I'll be happy to see if their side of the story.
jboy93
Does anyone know what time we are able to get into AA with our tickets?
TallTexan
Is it just me, or has this been the longest week in history?

Is it gameday yet?
TallTexan
Saw this article on Yahoo & thought you guys would be interested:

Value of an NCAA Tourney Win for small schools

Some really interesting stats on effects of winning.

CC:SFA Admin & also the students who voted against the Athletic Fee
SFAJack_76
jboy93 said:

Does anyone know what time we are able to get into AA with our tickets?
Also, for those that have been there for an event, suggestions for parking?

We were told the tickets would be available at the SFA will call two hours before tip. I don know if the gates will be open then.
Ballwatch
Not sure about parking; I'll be riding the train from Ft. Worth to Victory station which is near AAC. Hopefully it's not too congested
TallTexan
We went to AAC for a Dallas Stars game over Christmas break. There are a few parking garages pretty close(a block or two away), but expect to pay upwards of $20 for any garage(the further lots weren't much cheaper). Perhaps more.

Also, getting into the Stars game took probably 20+ minutes of standing in line outside waiting to go through security, we already had our tickets, so be sure to account for that.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

We went to AAC for a Dallas Stars game over Christmas break. There are a few parking garages pretty close(a block or two away), but expect to pay upwards of $20 for any garage(the further lots weren't much cheaper). Perhaps more.

Also, getting into the Stars game took probably 20+ minutes of standing in line outside waiting to go through security, we already had our tickets, so be sure to account for that.
Thanks.
INiedrauer
Staff
Having lived in Dallas briefly and worked in uptown, I definitely recommend parking somewhere else and taking the DART to victory station. It'll get you within a block and it's $5 for an all day pass.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA88
INiedrauer said:

Our half of an upcoming Q&A with Staking the Plains: http://www.stakingtheplains.com/2018/03/14/march-madness-qa-with-the-sawmill-about-sfa-hoops/
Well done. Thanks Isaac.
Lumberjack2009
From Nate Silvers political site, fivethirtyeight

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-tournaments-most-likely-first-round-upsets/

It kind of makes me expect the upset, interesting prediction model
SFA Jack Fanatic
Lumberjack2009 said:

From Nate Silvers political site, fivethirtyeight

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-tournaments-most-likely-first-round-upsets/

It kind of makes me expect the upset, interesting prediction model

Thanks for posting, 09. Of the 10 potential upsets listed, ours would be the biggest one -- 14 vs. 3. Here's hoping that LUC will be on our side! Axe 'em!
nacluth
I'm trying to keep my expectations down. I want our team to be the hunter and to believe that they will win. I don't want them having everyone tell them they will win. But, I like the models.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFA Jack Fanatic
Now that tickets sales have cooled off a bit, there appear to be plenty of $50 tickets available around the venue...

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/2018-ncaa-mens-basketball-firstsecond-dallas-texas-03-15-2018/event/0C00542BB30D2C28?artistid=1239566&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=7&tm_link=venueartist_msg-0_0C00542BB30D2C28#efeat4212

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.