#14 SFA / #3 Texas Tech

84,363 Views | 300 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sfa17
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's session 1 Ed. It's telling me they are sold out for the Jacks game!
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
sfa17
ready to go

https://imgur.com/gallery/AjAEc/comment/1297450005
BigJack85
Freakin awesome.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Here's sfa17's pic:

sfa17
thanks.I'm excited. Never been to a College basketball game outside of WRJ or even an NBA game. But i live 18 minutes away from AAC. So it was a once in a life time opportunity. I had to go since i dont have Tru tv ; )

might need some binoculars though
Ballwatch
Check out some of this footage of the 300 level seating. Not the best seats but who cares, you're in the building!

sfa17
you're right. nice, that's not bad at all
nacluth
Honestly having watched games from both the lower section and the upper, the experience is not vastly different. It's not quite as close as the top row at WRJ, but you will definitely feel a part. You're going to have a blast! I'm getting pumped just thinking of everyone yelling SFA! and "You suck!" at every missed free throw. Bring the noise Jacks!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Honestly having watched games from both the lower section and the upper, the experience is not vastly different. It's not quite as close as the top row at WRJ, but you will definitely feel a part. You're going to have a blast! I'm getting pumped just thinking of everyone yelling SFA! and "You suck!" at every missed free throw. Bring the noise Jacks!
That place is going to be electric.
cboothe09
Held out hope I could make it, but work dictates otherwise...I'll be watching at Three B's in Kingwood if anyone is in the area...
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

Oh, sorry. My bad.
nacluth
edstile said:

nacluth said:

Oh, sorry. My bad.
Sell out is 20,000. I think y'all are going to have fun.
nacluth
Those shoes though...

SFA Jack Fanatic
Ballwatch said:

Check out some of this footage of the 300 level seating. Not the best seats but who cares, you're in the building!

Are those basketballs they're playing with, or brown ping pong balls?? I have three pairs of binoculars at our lake house but none here at our home, so I guess I'll pick up #4 on my way there tomorrow.
SFA Jack Fanatic
This is pretty neat to see. (If anyone has already posted this, I apologize....)

SFA Jack Fanatic
Hey, Nacluth, is it true that the TV service provider in Nacogdoches plans to shut off service tomorrow at exactly 6:25 p.m. for the SFA professors who encouraged their 'minds of mush' students to vote against the athletic fee last year?
FreshPrinceOfDarkness
Tech fan here. Just want to tell two of my best buds Tim and Vance, both SFA grads (in an Ivan Drago Russian accent): Tech will crush you! And you smell...not terrible, just unpleasant...and not all the time, just most of the time...maybe just shower more or Fabreze your pits. And for the hundredth time, please review the "Bad Touch" rules or I swear I will point at the doll exactly where the District Attorney tells me! This isn't a threat. Okay it's a threat. Smell the glove *****es!

Good luck Jacks. My bud Vance has joined me for a couple Tech bowl games out of state, plus a game at WVU, and he wore Tech colors to support my Red Raiders. I told him from the first game, the minute he wants to attend a significant SFA game, I'll join him and return the support. He even bought me a SFA shirt for Christmas so I'm ready to go. I look forward to wearing that shirt when it really matters someday, hopefully at the FCS championship game.
No-look
FreshPrinceOfDarkness said:

Tech fan here. Just want to tell two of my best buds Tim and Vance, both SFA grads (in an Ivan Drago Russian accent): Tech will crush you! And you smell...not terrible, just unpleasant...and not all the time, just most of the time...maybe just shower more or Fabreze your pits. And for the hundredth time, please review the "Bad Touch" rules or I swear I will point at the doll exactly where the District Attorney tells me! This isn't a threat. Okay it's a threat. Smell the glove *****es!

Good luck Jacks. My bud Vance has joined me for a couple Tech bowl games out of state, plus a game at WVU, and he wore Tech colors to support my Red Raiders. I told him from the first game, the minute he wants to attend a significant SFU game, I'll join him and return the support. He even bought me a SFU shirt for Christmas so I'm ready to go. I look forward to wearing that shirt when it really matters someday, hopefully at the FCS championship game.
What's SFU?
cboothe09
Probably mixed up his adderall for ADD and penicillin for raider rash.
FreshPrinceOfDarkness
No-look said:

Good luck Jacks. My bud Vance has joined me for a couple Tech bowl games out of state, plus a game at WVU, and he wore Tech colors to support my Red Raiders. I told him from the first game, the minute he wants to attend a significant SFU game, I'll join him and return the support. He even bought me a SFU shirt for Christmas so I'm ready to go. I look forward to wearing that shirt when it really matters someday, hopefully at the FCS championship game.
What's FSU?
Florida State University. Lol! I have corrected my post drunk sir. Cheers!
TallTexan

Good luck Jacks. My bud Vance has joined me for a couple Tech bowl games out of state, plus a game at WVU, and he wore Tech colors to support my Red Raiders. I told him from the first game, the minute he wants to attend a significant SFA game, I'll join him and return the support. He even bought me a SFA shirt for Christmas so I'm ready to go. I look forward to wearing that shirt when it really matters someday, hopefully at the FCS championship game.

Wait, he didn't call in the SFA gear favor for tomorrow? Missed opportunity.
nacluth
I'll just leave this here because someone's got to...

SFA Jack Fanatic
In today's Houston Chronicle...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/sports/college/article/Paths-finally-cross-for-Tech-Stephen-F-Austin-12754246.php?cmpid=gsa-chron-result
No-look
Wish I could have been there! ...And it WAS goaltending on that layup.
Tadapocus
Wait for it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/biggest-ncaa-tournament-opening-round-upsets-of-all-time/ss-BBJU4E0?li=BBxU6kX#image=1
SFASawmillGuy
Tadapocus said:

Wait for it.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/biggest-ncaa-tournament-opening-round-upsets-of-all-time/ss-BBJU4E0?li=BBxU6kX#image=1

After that game we weren't underdogs anymore. We were actually favorites to beat Notre Dame and got upset.
nacluth
Game day!!! It's the best day of the year! The Jacks get to go to Big D to wreck the Red Raiders. American Airlines Center is going to feel the Purple Haze today. Do you think it's over? Better not because we are going to keep on choppin'!

Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFAXE93
The best axes award goes to Ryan.
SFASawmillGuy
This is the longest day in existence.
SFAELITE
Man I feel good today, can't wait to go to this game tonight!

SFA Jack Fanatic
Yeah, but at that rate East Texas will soon look like God-forsaken Lubbock.
jboy93
We are about to have some Tech footage to go along with that WV smack down! Big D, here I come!!!
TallTexan
edstile said:

Ed, that's actual footage of what happened to Lubbock. A Tech ancestor badmouthed Stephen F. Austin and he wouldn't stand for it, so he cut down all the trees.
djsfw57
edstile said:

This is pretty neat to see. (If anyone has already posted this, I apologize....)

That was cool has hell. I had no idea they put down an entirely new floor. We never stop learning. Thanks for sharing this.
nacluth
edstile said:

We're sustainable foresters.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.