#14 SFA / #3 Texas Tech

83,679 Views | 300 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sfa17
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Under 8 still up by one. Keep it up Jacks!!!
MasterAxe
Alright, Kyle, no more screwing around.

Shannon, Ivan, TJ, Charles, Leon & Harris.

5/6 from here on out.
TallTexan
Nice to know you can knock a guy off balance for a foul and still get a flagrant called when his elbow inadvertently hits you.
SFASawmillGuy
Time for the secret weapon. Jovan's time to shine.
Ljacks&Longnecks
How the heck was that an offensive foul on Charles
RedRiverLa
well, thats just not an offensive foul. but we had the ball and a 1 point lead and gave it right back to then, sloppy and its going to cost us.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFASawmillGuy
If this was his last game for SFA what a career. He could've been the next Walkup he not been injured.
nacluth
2:45 left. Down by 3. Crunch time. Ty gone. Time for a hero to stand up. SFA! SFA! SFA!
MasterAxe
Can someone explain Bogues not playing?

I'm team Keller now, but what's up with this?

Seems like we are running the offense opposite of him.
nacluth
Down 6. 1 minute. We can do it. GoJacks!
RedRiverLa
dang. But what a great effort. Proud of the boys. Score not reflective of the effort. But, nothing to complain about
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Dammit. 35 minutes of toe to toe but another long drought puts us under.......and maybe a touch of credit to Tech
RedRiverLa
Bogues cramp and TJ fouls, the great what-ifs of sports. I'd really like to know how TY's foul was an offensive foul.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
What a strong game by our Jacks. Couldn't finish it, but that was as good as a game that they have played. Need a break or two on some momentum plays. Despite the final margin, it could have been flip flopped on two maybe three plays. Bogues' inopportune cramp probably the biggest. TJ's 4th.

Proud of you Jacks. If you have to go out, at least you let everyone know you can play!
cboothe09
Proud of our guys but I'm pissed. We were there. We were in control for 36 minutes. Tech did what we wanted them to do. 13-3 run to end the game. Brutal. This one stings...
SFASawmillGuy
This reminds me of the feeling after Notre Dame. We were a sweet 16 team again this year. No doubt if we won today, we can win Saturday.
It's gonna hurt.
But nothing to be upset about. Kyle got his team to the dance and almost took down a team full of nba talent. This team will be even better next year.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Completely agree cboothe,....you called it right there.
No-look
Awesome effort. Went cold at the wrong. Proud of players and coaches. That Tech guard is the real deal. That offensive foul on Leon was bogus. Should have been an And one.
RedRiverLa
" class="postlink " target="_blank">
Lumberjack Battalion
Txjack
As much as this stings, future looks a lot brighter than it did just a few weeks ago. Proud of you jacks!
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm not as upset as I thought I'd be if we lost. Great effort by our guys. They represented the school well. Only eight months until we start our next loooong winning streak. Axe 'em!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
I know I want more.....get the coaches on the recruiting trail and step on the gas next season!!!
nacluth
The Nieminen tech was a big momentum swing nullified. I'm not saying it wasn't a flagrant, but I'm not saying it should have been one. Going up three there would have been big.
RedRiverLa
cboothe09 said:

Proud of our guys but I'm pissed. We were there. We were in control for 36 minutes. Tech did what we wanted them to do. 13-3 run to end the game. Brutal. This one stings...
Bogues cramps, weird calls on TJ, ty, and Leon. Still hung in there just could not win the last 5 minutes. Their guard was definately using his arm to push off all night, called once. Tech's defense ramped it up the last 5 minutes.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
I believe that 3 different times in this game we went from 5-8 minutes without a FG. Tech's D may have had something to do with it but it kept us from bumping up our lead a few times.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

The Nieminen tech was a big momentum swing nullified. I'm not saying it wasn't a flagrant, but I'm not saying it should have been one. Going up three there would have been big.

I agree! And when we got the rebound up one and we were careless with the ball under their basket and gave it right back to them
Lumberjack Battalion
KirkHeath12
Great season men! Tough loss, but a hell of season I watched
MasterAxe
I don't know for sure, but I believe we had two 6+ minute stretches without a field goal.

That was the difference.

2nd half, we went up 8 and then went ice cold, let tT back.

aquavelvis
Great effort by players and coach Keller, but we lost to a deeper, taller, and also well-coached team.

TT's size made the difference. Our FG percentage would've been much better and the second half scoring drought less critical if they weren't blocking or negatively influencing 75% of our layup attempts. How many offensive rebounds did we get? I lost count at maybe two...not from lack of effort, just a huge mismatch.

Someone else said somewhere else that you don't get many actually effective big men in the SLC because those guys end up in programs with guaranteed national TV appearances and/or they're potential one and dones spread thru a max of 20 schools. Not for lack of trying I'm sure, but it works out that way. In the best of all possible worlds SFA can break with that, and efforts like tonight's on top of an increasingly positive reputation as a school that's serious about basketball can change that.

Scott Taylor
nacluth
Going off the wagon!

Only way to take care of a Texas sized loss.

SFAJack_76
Bummed but really proud of this team and how they represented our alma mater. Ivan had a really good game. Ty and Leon never really got it going. Bogues cramp and TJ's fourth foul were huge. Ultimately I think the Tech depth was better than our depth. And, Evans was lights out in the second half.

Although the three seniors will be missed, I am confident the team can be better next year with a couple of quality additions to the two already signed and further growth from the returners. I know the guys coming back left the arena wanting more.

Glad we made it to the game. It was fun. Now for a drink .... or four.

SFASawmillGuy
To honor our lumberjacks, I will be drinking exclusively jack for the rest of the night.
TallTexan
Man, that was a disappointing last few minutes but a heck of a season. We should have won it against a team that might have got a 1 seed if not for the broken toe.

That was a heck of a season and a well played & coached game. We went toe to toe with one of the top 2 teams in the Big 12 for 35 minutes. I expect they'll be sending us an invite any day now.

Now on to recruiting season, and and we know that Keller is top notch in that regard. I guarantee you a lot of recruits watched that game.
fortWorthJack
Just got back home from the game. Super dissapointing result. We were the better team for most of the game. Tech made the plays when it counted. It felt weird to be at the big dance without the likes of Trey and Walkup. Those guys could carry the rock against anybody any day. When it came to crunch time execution suffered. I think if there is an area for improvement it is the execution. Tech' defense might have stymied us some but that team was not better than the SEC teams we played. I honestly though we played down to Tech at times. This was a very winnable game despite the 10% odds.
RedRiverLa
I think I may keep Big Jack up for the whole tournament - just so he gets a taste of going deep into March - I want him hungry for more next year.

Lumberjack Battalion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.