#14 SFA / #3 Texas Tech

83,646 Views | 300 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by sfa17
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Also, I'm rooting for Tech. Big fan of Beard, and still really like Zhaire. But I think they get smoked tomorrow.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Also, I'm rooting for Tech. Big fan of Beard, and still really like Zhaire. But I think they get smoked tomorrow.

Part of me wants them to do well. Part of me wants the rest of the state's teams to continue to underperform, but we'll need an NBA team to hire Beard if that's going to happen.
No-look
I've watched a lot of college basketball in the last three weeks. And after rewatching our game with Tech a couple times it appears that we could play with any team in the tourney. Our defense was very good against Tech. Played them a lot closer than Purdue. We are right at the door to being a really good tourney team. Should have beaten Tech.
SFAJack_76
Nice!

http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/sportsstats/high_school/schools/ellison/ellison-ex-bogues-savors-taste-of-march-madness-with-sfa/article_56699394-30b2-11e8-94a1-836907a15ea8.html
nacluth
Great stuff!
Txjack
Reading this and watching him in interviews, he seems like genuine and humble kid. Of all the players on the team, I am most excited to see how he progresses next season.
sfa17
i actually had a class with Bogue last year. He was really quiet but i don't blame him since it was "Theory of basketball" course. And a 3 month class about the basic rules of basketball is probably really pointless to a college basketball player.

Though, one time i did catch him laughing when the class was talking about Mack leaving and Gru's playing time
SFASawmillGuy
sfa17 said:

i actually had a class with Bogue last year. He was really quiet but i don't blame him since it was "Theory of basketball" course. And a 3 month class about the basic rules of basketball is probably really pointless to a college basketball player.

Though, one time i did catch him laughing when the class was talking about Mack leaving and Gru's playing time

I did the theory of football. Was told by the teacher if I didn't show up a single day I'd get an A. Got an A.
sfa17
Yeah it was pretty much a guaranteed A too. Half the class were athletics ; )
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Nice!

http://kdhnews.com/kdhpressbox/sportsstats/high_school/schools/ellison/ellison-ex-bogues-savors-taste-of-march-madness-with-sfa/article_56699394-30b2-11e8-94a1-836907a15ea8.html
Excellent article. Thanks for sharing, 76!
PurpleOut
Staff
Ha, I'm glad they are still offering that. I took both Theory of Football and Theory of Basketball. Along with "History of American Sports" which turned out to be a terrible class.
nacluth
Best dunks so far video. Shannon gets a shout out!

https://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-men/2018-03-25/mbk-best-dunks-tournament
No-look
Sweet!
sfa17
Zhaire smith has declared for the NBA Draft but he has not signed with an agent. a mock draft release today has him at 15th
SFASawmillGuy
sfa17 said:

Zhaire smith has declared for the NBA Draft but he has not signed with an agent. a mock draft release today has him at 15th

What could have been....
sfa17
SFA_03 said:

What could have been....
Crying face emoji
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

This is why I'm not an NBA analyst. I watched Tech play 3 or 4 times, and I saw nothing about his play that rises to that level.
PurpleOut
Staff
edstile said:

sfa17 said:

This is why I'm not an NBA analyst. I watched Tech play 3 or 4 times, and I saw nothing about his play that rises to that level.
Really? That's exactly what I saw. A big, athletic guard that can jump through the roof and play defense.

There's another mock draft that has him at #7.
sfa17
His athleticism is rare. Also had the most point by a freshmen in tech history. His vertical was 42 , which I also think was a tech record. If he decided to go to the Nba combine he is going to be impressive.

This just shows how good a recruiter Keller and the coaching staff are. we almost had a potential nba draft pick. Gru is a great guy but if lack of scholarships cost us Smith that is really disappointing.
TallTexan
I hope we're only a few years away from seeing one of our guys play in the league. Keller has really ratched up our recruiting, so it's only a matter of time.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

I hope we're only a few years away from seeing one of our guys play in the league. Keller has really ratched up our recruiting, so it's only a matter of time.

I can't wait to see our Eastern European prince in the league too.
sfa17
Zhaire Smith has signed with an agent and will remain in nba draft. Ranked #60 player in the state of Texas. Great story but it won't get any easier. The NBA has a short leash when it comes to mistakes. Worst case scenario he takes his couple million dollars and buys his family a nice house at age of 19.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.