SFA / Lamar Part 2

42,636 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sfaguy
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lamar's defense was just better tonight. We don't matchup with them. We matchup well with every other team in the conference but them. Their defense kept us out Of sync the whole game. The only gripe I have about the game was the ball didn't go through Bogues enough.....now if we win out and SELA loses at NO and loses to Nichols we will be good. If we are in the bracket with Lamar that could be a problem.
MasterAxe
The SFA team that played tonight is not one that can win at Sam the last game of the season...which could knock us as low as the 5 maybe 6 seed.

It's also not a team that can win the SLC tournament.

One more of those performances and we can punch our ticket to another 4th tier post-season tourney.

We have to be at our best from here on out, no exceptions.
RedRiverLa
tangerito said:

Unfortunately for the seniors, this game will cause many to stay home Wednesday night. There's really nothing to play for now as we will make the tournament and then the games mean something. Trust me, I've been a fan a long time and this game will keep people away Wednesday.
Not me, I'm driving over for the Wednesday night game. If this game causes people to stay home, that's more of a comment on the type of fan they are than the type of program we have. And I'm not saying I disagree with your statement about what kind of crowd to expect.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
I know you're disappointed, but those memes are a little unnecessary, don't you think?
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
edstile said:

Just want to say that I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR POST AT ALL!!!!! I expect better from SFA fans than that!!! If you're going to post things like that then just go away! Such profanity-filled pics are NOT APPRECIATED AT ALL. It was the sickest thing I've seen posted since The Sawmill was started. Either grow up, be an adult, and clean up your act or never post on The Sawmill again!!!

NOTE: I edited out your VULGAR pic.
Amen, EdStile!!
sfa17
tangerito said:

Unfortunately for the seniors, this game will cause many to stay home Wednesday night. There's really nothing to play for now as we will make the tournament and then the games mean something. Trust me, I've been a fan a long time and this game will keep people away Wednesday.
this literally happen last year. we were in the title race. All we had to do was win at home against northwestern and we crapped the bed in front of like 7 k fans (cram the Coliseum) , the next home game was against Sam and we barley got 6k. at that point you cant blame the fans. What was the excuse for that then? I'm not going to believe we can win the slc tournment until we actual win. From winning like 20 games a row a season to 5. Hoping that we avoid Lamar isnt a strategy. lol that's sad

I personally don't buy all this Lamar praise. Of course lamar did something right. If they did everything wrong we would have won. The team that does the most things right usually wins. There is no draws in basketball. If lamar scores more point they win. UCA drop like 40 three on us, who let them?
Lamar did this... and Coach Price did this .. What did we do? Lamar has our number? Who gave them the number?

Is the game plan now to avoid lamar. Come on guys

A few weeks ago i predicted that we would win a few games in a row then eventually get dropped but Sam at their place. i was a few games early on that predictions. Never been this negative towards the team .. so i just had to Rant.
No-look
Sports is a weird thing sometimes. Extreme highs and lows. If you hang around very long you're going to experience both. Every team has games that they should have won. Now, what matters is what we do now and not what we have done.... I predict a double bye for us. SELA will lose at NO and Nichols will beat SELA in the finallly.
djsfw57
What a stinker of a game. I'm really surprised at the lack of drive we showed yesterday. Seemed like they just weren't interested in the game. Stupid mistakes from beginning to end, like that ridiculous turnover by Canete at the end of the game. These guys have to start playing up to their potential.
SFAJack_76
RedRiverLa said:

tangerito said:

Not me, I'm driving over for the Wednesday night game. If this game causes people to stay home, that's more of a comment on the type of fan they are than the type of program we have. And I'm not saying I disagree with your statement about what kind of crowd to expect.
The wife and I will be there also. The Wednesday game attendance against UCA was mediocre. I expect it to be so against ACU regardless of this game. I would hope folks would show appreciation for what Leon, Ivan, and particularly Ty have done to help put SFA on the national stage. They are winners and, by all accounts, good young men.
BigJack85
I'm pretty disappointed but it's time to put this dud behind us and win the next 4 or 5 games. In my mind it's a case of Keller is missing one or two pieces (tactically and personnel wise). We still have all we need to make it to the tournament. We just need to be on full bore. Axe 'Em Jacks.
SFAELITE
https://sfasawmill.com/terms
nacluth
Sawmill's posting policy:
(From the link you used)

POSTING POLICY

Posting on the forums

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is knowingly:
False and/or defamatory
Inaccurate
Abusive
Vulgar
Hateful
Harassing
Obscene
Profane
Sexually oriented
Threatening
Invasive of a person's privacy
Thread Hijacking (knowingly redirecting the subject of a thread)
Post padding (posting for the sole purpose of increasing post count)
Trolling (posting to purposefully antagonize other posters)
An attempt to get around the profanity filter
Removal of moderator/staff edits from post
Otherwise in violation of any law

As has been posted before, sports communities get heated over the teams they love. Let's try to see everyone's post in the best light, and try to keep away from things that can appear as personal attacks. Keller's coaching is clearly fair game, and it can be attacked with plain speaking. No one needs to love him. Supporters or critics can make points in the posting policy. Again, disagreement can make the discussion profitable. Let's just keep it nice.

Thanks.
BigJack85
SFAELITE said:

edstile said:

SFAELITE said:

Just want to say that I DON'T APPRECIATE YOUR POST AT ALL!!!!! I expect better from SFA fans than that!!! If you're going to post things like that then just go away! Such profanity-filled pics are NOT APPRECIATED AT ALL. It was the sickest thing I've seen posted since The Sawmill was started. Either grow up, be an adult, and clean up your act or never post on The Sawmill again!!!

NOTE: I edited out your VULGAR pic.
Look, you have the right to not like my post. If you're offended because it included one explicit word, then that's what you believe. Some people use cuss words on a regular basis some don't. I can say what I want just like how you can talk bad about my post. Its humor, do you watch stand up comedy? Most comedians use explicit words to convey importance of the subject matter. I was conveying how much Keller frustrates me. I wasn't making fun of his kids, disrespecting his family, calling him names, or anything. I'm not trying to argue with you because this isn't what a forum is about. I can see someone who loves Keller getting really offended, but just like how I disagree with pro-kellers, you can disagree with my post but don't try to belittle me and tell me how to post. I would of preferred you to reference the terms and policy of the forum and mention how profanity isn't allowed. Maybe post the link also. Maybe that would of been a better way of getting your point across but if we are going to start rule following, I guess we will just start calling each other out.

I'm going to take a different view and say the fact that you have posted this shows passion and interest. I draw the line at the players. They are amateurs (unless playing for Louisville or Kentucky) and deserve the space. So... as long as it's a swipe at Keller I'm fine with it. Let's just try in the end to keep it positive. I've had my questions about Keller and still do. Going to plow thru as a fan. Always. Axe 'Em Jacks
INiedrauer
Staff
Posts in violation of terms have been removed.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

sfaguy
Actually no, it doesn't show passion. Passionate fans don't just show up after losses to complain.

WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE AFTER WINS? If you exist on this forum to complain after losses, you aren't a fan.
BigJack85
s***uy said:

Actually no, it doesn't show passion. Passionate fans don't just show up after losses to complain.

WHERE ARE THESE PEOPLE AFTER WINS? If you exist on this forum to complain after losses, you aren't a fan.
YOUR WRONG . PERIOD. I and many like me are on win or lose. Just because we have some critical things to say about Keller does not diminish our support or fandom. I've been supporting the Jacks win or lose for 37 years. I'm generally tailgating for 2 - 4 football games a season and despite living in Houston I make at least 2 games in Houston (either Huntsville or HBU) and I make 1 - 3 games in Nacogdoches. Just because some of us have gripes does not diminish our support. To be clear I thought the meme was over the line..... People like me are probably the ONLY ones (and there aren't many of us) that financially support the Jacks year in year out. It may not be much but a few grand is more than most. So just because someone has a burr in there a$$ about a bad loss shouldn't blow up the whole thing!!!!!

Always AXE 'EM JACKS
SFAELITE
INiedrauer said:

Posts in violation of terms have been removed.
What about Eds post personally attacking?
SFAELITE
BigJack85 said:

s***uy said:

YOUR WRONG . PERIOD. I and many like me are on win or lose. Just because we have some critical things to say about Keller does not diminish our support or fandom. I've been supporting the Jacks win or lose for 37 years. I'm generally tailgating for 2 - 4 football games a season and despite living in Houston I make at least 2 games in Houston (either Huntsville or HBU) and I make 1 - 3 games in Nacogdoches. Just because some of us have gripes does not diminish our support. To be clear I thought the meme was over the line..... People like me are probably the ONLY ones (and there aren't many of us) that financially support the Jacks year in year out. It may not be much but a few grand is more than most. So just because someone has a burr in there a$$ about a bad loss shouldn't blow up the whole thing!!!!!

Always AXE 'EM JACKS
I'm in the same boat.
sfaguy
To be clear, it wasn't directed to you. You're around all the time. There are individuals who only post after losses to b-. You know who I mean.
SFAELITE
s***uy said:

To be clear, it wasn't directed to you. You're around all the time. There are individuals who only post after losses to b-. You know who I mean.
Hey, I just found out about this forum. Huge fan, long time fan, and always supported, that's why I'm so critical towards my school. I'll be here trust me.
sfaguy
SFAELITE said:

s***uy said:

Hey, I just found out about this forum. Huge fan, long time fan, and always supported, that's why I'm so critical towards my school. I'll be here trust me.

I can see your post history. Three game threads... Loss at UCA, loss at Lamar, loss last night. The "memes" or whatever the hell you posted last night were just embarrassing. I hope you'll contribute productively to the forum or leave. But that's just my opinion.
SFAELITE
s***uy said:

SFAELITE said:

s***uy said:

I can see your post history. Three game threads... Loss at UCA, loss at Lamar, loss last night. The "memes" or whatever the hell you posted last night were just embarrassing. I hope you'll contribute productively to the forum or leave. But that's just my opinion.
Didn't mention the Thread started about predicting the seeding for the SLC tournament. Literally, I don't see a problem with memes, if it was the profanity, than are you okay with memes without profanity?
SFAELITE
Or you don't like the memes because it offended you that I was making fun of keller?
BigJack85
s***uy said:

SFAELITE said:

s***uy said:

S***UY,

Let's all take a chill pill. Despite your disagreement with the meme, WE NEED MORE FANS NOT FEWER. If elite was a little over the top so be it. You and Ed have said your piece and let's move on. Really, think about it. Is a nasty meme going to kill Lumberjack Basketball. NO. Is it going to DENT Lumberjack basketball. NO .Is it going to make some Lutherans like me angry. NOT LIKELY. I think your making a forest fire out of a camp fire. Forestry Pun intended.
INiedrauer
Staff
I don't want to lock this thread but it's headed that way. For the mental health of this board, let's not have any more losses to Lamar this year.

Let's all chill and hit the reset button. Beat ACU.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

RedRiverLa
Sigh. I miss those days about 2 pages ago when we were memeless, non profanity laced and actually talked basketball and sanely discussed pro and cons about Keller. So I cleansed my pallet by rewatching us beat West Virginia. We had so many players besides walkup that we're great complements to him. Great athletes that played together. What a game.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

Sigh. I miss those days about 2 pages ago when we were memeless, non profanity laced and actually talked basketball and sanely discussed pro and cons about Keller. So I cleansed my pallet by rewatching us beat West Virginia. We had so many players besides walkup that we're great complements to him. Great athletes that played together. What a game.
Awesome post. I've been known to watch highlights of SFA vs. WVU. I'm going to this afternoon.
RedRiverLa
So do we not do video post game press conferences with Keller after a loss?
Lumberjack Battalion
SfaFan15
I, like others here, have only posted when our programs seem to be at their most frustrating points. I don't think that dictates whether or not I am a fair weather fan. I simply have a desire to see the programs I support, both financially and in person, succeed.

I've said it before and I will say it again; I just don't think Keller is the right guy. It's actually a little bit exciting for me to see this kind of fire on the forum. It's tough because Keller is a great guy on paper, he really is. Our record is still very good, and the guy can recruit like no other. But with all of that being said, I still hold my breath when we play any team with a .500 or better record, and I personally think this team should be in a much better position than for people to be worried over whether we can beat other teams in our conference. Coming into the season, I felt justified to expect a 17-1 or 16-2 conference run and that expectation hasn't changed.

I think people get extremely disappointed because of we have seen just how scary good this SFA team is, and we have also seen how god awful they can be. To me, the inconsistency that this team plays with is due strictly to coaching. Keller has admitted that he can be very passive at times and rely on talent to get us through games. I get what he is saying, but it has proven to be a bust in a number of big games for us this year.

Again, as I've stated previously, I don't see Keller ever coaching in an NCAA tournament game at SFA. I believe the CIT will be the new status quo and that doesn't sit too well with me given how far this program has come over the past decade.
INiedrauer
Staff
Videos from Keller and Kellogg will be up today. Technical something to work out.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFAELITE
SfaFan15 said:

I, like others here, have only posted when our programs seem to be at their most frustrating points. I don't think that dictates whether or not I am a fair weather fan. I simply have a desire to see the programs I support, both financially and in person, succeed.

I've said it before and I will say it again; I just don't think Keller is the right guy. It's actually a little bit exciting for me to see this kind of fire on the forum. It's tough because Keller is a great guy on paper, he really is. Our record is still very good, and the guy can recruit like no other. But with all of that being said, I still hold my breath when we play any team with a .500 or better record, and I personally think this team should be in a much better position than for people to be worried over whether we can beat other teams in our conference. Coming into the season, I felt justified to expect a 17-1 or 16-2 conference run and that expectation hasn't changed.

I think people get extremely disappointed because of we have seen just how scary good this SFA team is, and we have also seen how god awful they can be. To me, the inconsistency that this team plays with is due strictly to coaching. Keller has admitted that he can be very passive at times and rely on talent to get us through games. I get what he is saying, but it has proven to be a bust in a number of big games for us this year.

Again, as I've stated previously, I don't see Keller ever coaching in an NCAA tournament game at SFA. I believe the CIT will be the new status quo and that doesn't sit too well with me given how far this program has come over the past decade.
This is the most truthful I've ever seen someone post.
BigJack85
SFAELITE said:

SfaFan15 said:

This is the most truthful I've ever seen someone post.

This sounds like a Billy Joel song.....

"Honesty is hardly ever heard and mostly what I need from you"
CottonValleyJack
The Keller apologist herd is thinning.
No-look
CottonValleyJack said:

Nah, Keller and team is fine.
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

CottonValleyJack said:

Nah, Keller and team is fine.

Not really. Just not as reactionary as the non-Keller crowd after a loss. We know it takes patience, and understand unrealistic expectations. Now , having said that, I do agree this would seem to be a disappointing season, but the expectations were raised too far when we beat a mediocre LSU and LaTech team. National media who didn't really know our team yet saying we should go 18-0, we just false prophets that some bought in to. I'm asking this as an honest question, but did anyone really feel good about that prediction? We may be athletic, but we don't yet have the maturity of Walkup, Pinckney, Johnson, Geffrard, CJ, or a healthy TY. And I know I misspelled, but I don't feel like fighting spell check right now. And thank you for sharing your opposing view in a civil adult manner. It's what this board is about.
Lumberjack Battalion

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.