SFA / Lamar Part 2

42,972 Views | 181 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by sfaguy
Ballwatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Kevon still doesn't look himself. I wonder if it's a mental thing now or still not fully recovered from injury
SFAXE93
Come on guys we're only down by a TD.
Ballwatch
Come on Bogues, we need a boost
SFAXE93
Kevon!
Ballwatch
That's the Kevon I remember, drive hard to basket, get fouled, make your free throws
nacluth
Getting pumped. Tide is turning.
SFAXE93
Can we get a defense chant going from the crowd?
Ljacks&Longnecks
Lamar has only scored 6 points since 3 minutes to go in first half, defense is there. If we can get shots to fall the game is ours
SFAXE93
back in a hole
MasterAxe
nacluth said:

I don't think so Master. We're adjusting. They've just hit the tough shots. We're just amped. We're going to settle in. Lamar's playing okay, but we've got to start hitting on offense.

So, how long does the adjusting take? Their strategy this game is just like last game...they don't think our guards can score and they don't think we can stop their guards.

So far, they're right on both counts.
sfa17
starting to look like the northwestern state (cram the coliseum) game last year that cost use the title. hope im wrong. playing really sloppy
SFAXE93
That's why the early shooting by Augustine, to throw them off, but nothing is falling.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Looks exactly like the game in Beaumont. They are dictating the pace of the game.
sfa17
im panicking. just leaving lamar wide open and one
MasterAxe
sfa17 said:

im panicking. just leaving lamar wide open and one

Seems like a bold strategy
TallTexan
It irks me how well they are playing on defense.
nacluth
Well maybe we didn't adjust. Just like at Lamar. A game of runs, but every time we gets close, they run. Got to score.
TallTexan
We can take Shannon's pictures off the milk cartons now.
nacluth
Let's win it for Matt. He came from Seattle. He deserves the win.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Let's win it for Matt. He came from Seattle. He deserves the win.

Start a chant.
TallTexan
Canete is a lazy passer.
MasterAxe
Ivan Canete looks totally disinterested
BigJack85
Our flow looks off. Just a bad night. The style of play we run requires us to be able to bang it inside. Not able to dominate the paint.
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

Our flow looks off. Just a bad night. The style of play we run requires us to be able to bang it inside. Not able to dominate the paint.

I think the adjustment was putting Canete at point, but he's just not as good of a guard as John & Aaron. Messes with the offense more than the guard not scoring.
nacluth
Essentially they have Kaspar-ed us tonight. They've used long possessions and then just flat shot good.
MasterAxe
TallTexan said:

BigJack85 said:

I think the adjustment was putting Canete at point, but he's just not as good of a guard as John & Aaron. Messes with the offense more than the guard not scoring.

I think Lamar wants us to put Canete at point. They know AA and John can't shoot and they know Canete can't penetrate or defend like the others
TallTexan
That was a charge.
TallTexan
Well that's disappointing.
sfa17
sad. Time for MasterAxe
TallTexan
For the rest of the season, I'm pulling for whatever outcome puts Lamar on the opposite side of the bracket.
BigJack85
Minor disaster. 3 seed at best. At best. Really surprised we didn't come out to play tonight.
SFAELITE
So guys, what excuses are we going to use for losing this game?
MasterAxe
What a deflating performance, kiss that double bye...bye-bye. Unless we get some epic help these last two games.

I fear the mob will attack me with pitchforks, cause they'll claim this as an "anti-Keller," point, but, Lamar has used the exact same strategy against us in both games.

Dare our guards, specifically PG, to beat them...and bet that we can't consistently guard their guards.

They've been right both times and our team/coaches have made no adjustments (that I can see) to combat this.

They dare AA and John to shoot and they dare Canete to drive and defend..:all of which works against us.

Good for Lamar. They're a better squad at this point.
SFAELITE
I did predict two more losses before the season being over, this is loss number 2
MasterAxe
sfa17 said:

sad. Time for MasterAxe

I'm here. I was at the game . Lamar has us figured out

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.