Ladyjacks BB Postseason 20-21

32,002 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our Ladies have clinched the regular season conference championship! But they are not finished yet....a few more games still to play and then the Southland Tournament, where we will be #1 or #2 seed.

Let's talk Southland seeding 1st...who do you think we will meet in the semis in a couple weeks? Who might we meet in the finals, contingent on winning our semi round?

We have not played HBU, SLU, NICHOLLS. How do we match up against them?

If we take the Southland, are we an 11 or 12 seed?

And, I would be remiss if I didn't mention....please buy your tickets for Katy if you are planning to attend & I hope you are since fans will not be allowed at the Big Dance in SAN Antonio (players and staff get 6 tickets each) so we really need to turn out in Katy (2000 fans per game allowed).

While MBB is not eligible for postseason this year, how lucky are we to have an amazing WBB team?! All hands on deck as we enjoy this ride!
Pilotgirl
Updated standings:
Pilotgirl
** We haven't played McNeese, either
Pilotgirl
Welp...correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think anyone can catch up with us...we have 2 games left. The next 2 teams have lost 4 games and they also have 2 games left. Unless I am missing some rescheduled games due to Covid, we have the #1 seed and don't have to share the regular season championship. But, this is the Southland....
SFA Jack Fanatic
Second place SELA has split with Nicholls, barely beat Prison Tech twice, split with ACU, split with McNeese, beaten Northwestern State twice (who hasn't?), lost to UCA, beat TAMCC, and beat UNO.

I can't see them staying within 25 of the Ladyjacks.
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Welp...correct me if I'm wrong...but I don't think anyone can catch up with us...we have 2 games left. The next 2 teams have lost 4 games and they also have 2 games left. Unless I am missing some rescheduled games due to Covid, we have the #1 seed and don't have to share the regular season championship. But, this is the Southland....
You are correct. We are the one seed.
BigJack85
IMHO we should be able to glide through these next two games and focus on the tournament. From what little I've seen (almost 2 hours of ESPN+ split across 6-7 games) speed and range , when the 3's are falling makes the Ladyjacks a tough matchup in SLC tournament. If we can somehow snag an 11 seed we could make a mini run !
Pilotgirl
Our defense is very effective as well as our rebounding (both defense & offensive). The DEPTH our team has is the killer, tho.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Some on here keep saying we'll be an 11 or 12 seed. Where does that come from? With a NET of 20 or better, how does that equate to only an 11 or 12 seed? Someone educate me.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Arizona State beat #9 Arizona 66-64 in OT yesterday. Wondering if that might help our NET and seeding a little bit, even though we played ASU about what seems like a decade ago.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Some on here keep saying we'll be an 11 or 12 seed. Where does that come from? With a NET of 20 or better, how does that equate to only an 11 or 12 seed? Someone educate me.

Because NET is not the be all, end all. We have only played three teams that aren't awful, and Auburn isn't very good. Ultimately it has to be proven on the floor, and we haven't had an opportunity to do that.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Arizona State beat #9 Arizona 66-64 in OT yesterday. Wondering if that might help our NET and seeding a little bit, even though we played ASU about what seems like a decade ago.

NET bumped up to 18. Probably more about ASU win than anything.
nacluth
My guess is Nicholls in the semis, Sam in the finals. Or that switched after we beat Sam on Saturday. Although, ACU was the best women's team I saw us play, their record hasn't quite lived up to their potential.

I think right now that our high for a NCAA seeding is 8 with our low being 12. I prefer the higher seed (12) honestly because it gives a legitimate shot to make the Sweet 16. An 8 or a 9 seed has us facing a 1 or a 2 in the second round which would be very unfortunate. We deserve an easier path.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

My guess is Nicholls in the semis, Sam in the finals. Or that switched after we beat Sam on Saturday. Although, ACU was the best women's team I saw us play, their record hasn't quite lived up to their potential.

I think right now that our high for a NCAA seeding is 8 with our low being 12. I prefer the higher seed (12) honestly because it gives a legitimate shot to make the Sweet 16. An 8 or a 9 seed has us facing a 1 or a 2 in the second round which would be very unfortunate. We deserve an easier path.
I think ACU is struggling to even make the tournament at this point...I see SAM being in the mix as well for Katy.
SFAJack_76
Charlie Creme, ESPN, has us as an 11, matched up with USF. I like that matchup a lot.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I don't see anyway we get an 8 or 9. I agree that 11 or 12 gives us the best chance at a Sweet 16.
SFAJack_76
  • Acknowledging the numerous difficulties of playing through the COVID-19 pandemic, the Southland Conference Board of Directors recently agreed to expand the field of the 2021 Hercules Tires Southland Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments from eight to 10 teams.
  • The presidential decision follows a recommendation from campus athletic directors, adding two more teams to the tournament bracket now set for March 9-14 at the Leonard E. Merrell Center.

nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

• Acknowledging the numerous difficulties of playing through the COVID-19 pandemic, the Southland Conference Board of Directors recently agreed to expand the field of the 2021 Hercules Tires Southland Men's and Women's Basketball Tournaments from eight to 10 teams.
  • The presidential decision follows a recommendation from campus athletic directors, adding two more teams to the tournament bracket now set for March 9-14 at the Leonard E. Merrell Center.

Oh brother. It's not like those bottom teams earned a postseason. They wouldn't have without the distractions.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
TallTexan
nacluth said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Oh brother. It's not like those bottom teams earned a postseason. They wouldn't have without the distractions.
Sure, let's have it be more risky for Covid by involving two more terrible teams.
TallTexan
If I built a list of AP poll voters, how would yall feel about lobbying them to get a few more votes for the Ladyjacks?
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

If I built a list of AP poll voters, how would yall feel about lobbying them to get a few more votes for the Ladyjacks?

I'm down
SFA Jack Fanatic
Got my Katy tickets.

Ticketmaster is just randomly assigning seats. I plan to sit with other SFA fans. Hope they don't throw me out for breaking virus seating protocols.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Got my Katy tickets.

Ticketmaster is just randomly assigning seats. I plan to sit with other SFA fans. Hope they don't throw me out for breaking virus seating protocols.

I thought they all said General Admission?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Got my Katy tickets.

I thought they all said General Admission?

Mine are GA. That's what I understand they all are. First come, first served.
SFA Jack Fanatic
One of mine says Seat GA-1/42 and the other says GA-1/48. Maybe that last number is just a head count??
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

One of mine says Seat GA-1/42 and the other says GA-1/48. Maybe that last number is just a head count??
Yes...I don't think there are assigned seats. In the past, they weren't either (to my knowledge). Any way, I bet they will have an area that we are allowed to sit so if we sit in the same area, it should be fine. Can't wait!
jboy93
So is the Southland/NCAA going to change the numbers that are allowed in person now!?
Pilotgirl
jboy93 said:

So is the Southland/NCAA going to change the numbers that are allowed in person now!?
Who knows? It's a week away so ....I hope they keep with the limited numbers to minimize athletes/staff and fan risk.
nacluth
You have to know that all Texas coaches are just a little panicked. They are going to try to keep their players locked into their protocols to make sure they can finish their season and postseason without cancellations. Nothing would be worse to make it to the tourney and have to forfeit.
Pilotgirl
Yup...my point exactly.
TallTexan
jboy93 said:

If they do, we have to raise hell. Not about to let Commissioner do nothing put our girls at risk.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

jboy93 said:

If they do, we have to raise hell. Not about to let Commissioner do nothing put our girls at risk.

Not to worry. It takes the SLC weeks to make the simplest decisions. No way they change this. Besides, attendance is only above 2,000 when SFA men are playing. I hope we fill it up for the Ladyjacks.
SFAJack_76
UCA beat SLU 44-43. Hah.
SFAJack_76
Northwestern State gets their only win of the year (1-19) 50-45 over UCA which was in the running for a top four seed. Hah.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.