Katy Watch 2020

39,393 Views | 268 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Donovan Mitchell now has it, who got it from Rudy Gobert. And I'll go out on a limb and say anyone that has been in the Jazz locker room in the last week probably has it and doesn't know it.

That's all it takes. As soon as one NCAA player or staff member is confirmed with it, it's a wrap.
I did see where Shams reported that he was the only player, other than GObert, to be positive from Wednesday night.

And think about how quickly it COULD spread to us here in East Texas.

Jazz recently played Cavs, who recently played Spurs who just played Dallas.

And just like that...it COULD (emphasis on COULD) have gotten here that quickly.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We're living in strange times. Times like we never thought were imaginable. But like Richie said, let's all be civil, regardless of how we feel about it.
sfajack05
NHL has advised clubs not to do morning skates, practices or team meetings today.

ATP has suspended events for six weeks.

Some cruise lines are letting people cancel/rebook their trips from now until September.

It's only a matter of time that the NCAA either cancels or postpones the tournament.
MasterAxe
sfajack05 said:

NHL has advised clubs not to do morning skates, practices or team meetings today.

ATP has suspended events for six weeks.

Some cruise lines are letting people cancel/rebook their trips from now until September.

It's only a matter of time that the NCAA either cancels or postpones the tournament.
The NCAA is taking the..."we won't take it THAT serious until one of our players gets it, then we will be serious."
PurpleOut
Staff
Texas/Texas Tech players just got pulled off the floor and game cancelled.

SEC Tournament cancelled.

Big Ten Tournament cancelled.

A-10 Tournament cancelled.

CUSA Tournament cancelled.

WAC Tournament cancelled.

Pac12 Tournament cancelled.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Texas/Texas Tech players just got pulled off the floor and game cancelled.

SEC Tournament cancelled.

Big Ten Tournament cancelled.

A-10 Tournament cancelled.

CUSA Tournament cancelled.

WAC Tournament cancelled.

Wow. I'm sure others will follow suit.
SFAJack_76
What an extraordinary time. Personally, feel like I am going through the stages of grief. Rapidly. Almost to acceptance already.

I feel really bad for our five seniors that won't have a chance for this again in their lives. They are great young men and women, and will eventually move along. What a kick in the gut it must be for them.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05
Decision will be made about Southland in about 20-30 minutes.
sfajack05
sfajack05 said:

Decision will be made about Southland in about 20-30 minutes.
Apparently that was the fastest 20-30 minutes but the tournament is cancelled.
PurpleOut
Staff
Officially cancelled
SFA Jack Fanatic
So, regular season champions advance?
SFAJack_76
Cancelled ... UNO and SLU players leaving the court in tears. Damn it all. But, it had to happen.
sfa17
what a time to be alive
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

So, regular season champions advance?
Yeah. If there's a tournament, which I think is very unlikely, we will get the auto-bid. Along with Corpus for the Women.
nacluth
This season is done.
RichieVan
My inclination is to agree, however, it would make sense to postpone the tourney for a month to reassess.
BigJack85
IMO nothing makes sense right now. Nothing.
PurpleOut
Staff
RichieVan said:

My inclination is to agree, however, it would make sense to postpone the tourney for a month to reassess.
I wish, but I just don't see that being an easy task. Locations, venues, media, etc would all have to be reconfigured.
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

RichieVan said:

I wish, but I just don't see that being an easy task. Locations, venues, media, etc would all have to be reconfigured.

Play them on campuses.
nacluth
Decent idea, but I see it being a money decision instead of for the players. I think if it can't be huge, then it's done.
PurpleOut
Staff
Most schools and conferences are already cancelling or suspending all Spring sports. They won't risk having games brought it.

I do agree that'd be great though.
PurpleOut
Staff
Duke, Kansas and others are beginning to cancel full athletic travel. So...again we're done here.
SFASawmillGuy
The entire Southland conference suspended all sport activities.
nacluth
Posted in the general section, but announcement coming at 3 from SFA. Don't be surprised if school is all online.
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm at the UIL boys tournament in San Antonio, and they just announced a suspension of all games after the next 3-A game. So, only four games played in this tournament (two Class 1-A and two Class 3-A). And no refunds.
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm at the UIL boys tournament in San Antonio, and they just announced a suspension of all games after the next 3-A game. So, only four games played in this tournament (two Class 1-A and two Class 3-A). And no refunds.

No refunds? That's ridiculous
PurpleOut
Staff
Best case scenario.

djsfw57
nacluth said:

Posted in the general section, but announcement coming at 3 from SFA. Don't be surprised if school is all online.
We just got word that all schools here in Ohio will be closed for 3 weeks beginning Monday.
nacluth
SFA spring break extended a week then just online classes until April 6th for now.
nacluth
Well all my guitar shows are canceled, so I'm free for March Madness. Also, anyone need a beautiful guitar or two?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Just announced: The NCAA has cancelled ALL remaining Winter and Spring championships. It's over.
nacluth

Done. Sorry seniors - especially Kevon who is probably most impacted trying to move to NBA.
TallTexan
Hwo do you cancel it completely without a plan to reschedule?
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Done. Sorry seniors - especially Kevon who is probably most impacted trying to move to NBA.
No basketball. No CWS. No women's CWS. No anything. Why cancel today something that doesn't take place for three months? Damn,

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.