Katy Watch 2020

39,570 Views | 268 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While this game has looked like straight running dog poop, Lamar has stepped up their game and are starting to pull away...
cboothe09
Lamar up 37-24 at the half
SFA Jack Fanatic
Literal March madness continues. The NBA has suspended its season. Geez Louise. The whole world has gone bat crazy! (This virus started with bats, I believe...)
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Literal March madness continues. The NBA has suspended its season. Geez Louise. The whole world has gone bat crazy! (This virus started with bats, I believe...)

I heard it was bearkats. They just tried to pin it on the bats.
cboothe09
Rudy Gobert of the Utah Jazz tested positive
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

We decided not to go to Katy games tonight just in case they cancel later...didn't want sub-par teams AKA non-SFA BB games to be my last of the season to attend in person....TO BE CONTINUED

That seals it. You are the undisputed SFA Fan of the Year. You left Tall Texan in the dust with that move.

Haha Yup...just waiting on Texan's concession speech

Just wait until I mission impossible my way into our sweet 16 game.

Ive been learning a thing or two on rappelling from our ROTC guys.
cboothe09
The ROTC guys were at my school today pitching the program/school. One of the cadets is a former student, and I teach with his parents...
jboy93
Oh crap...the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! The one time I can come to the freaken tournament, I now cant! I guess we are setting a precedent now so no telling what's next. If you think you are at risk, then stay at home! Sorry but that's the way I feel. Don't make that decision for ME! Plus I was looking forward to the "free" breakfast at the Best Western! Dang it!!!!
jboy93
I guess we don't give a crap about all of the people that are at the games tonight. They are living on borrowed time!
SFA Jack Fanatic
jboy93 said:

Oh crap...the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!! The one time I can come to the freaken tournament, I now cant! I guess we are setting a precedent now so no telling what's next. If you think you are at risk, then stay at home! Sorry but that's the way I feel. Don't make that decision for ME! Plus I was looking forward to the "free" breakfast at the Best Western! Dang it!!!!

You've been screwed multiple times on this thing, so "I feel your pain". (Not really. I'm in San Antonio for the UIL state tournament. The UIL hasn't run us HS fans out of that one.... YET!)

BTW, your comment about others making the decision for you is EXACTLY RIGHT! The NCAA is playing Big Brother. It's '1984' all over again. Stay in Whitehouse and enjoy your "free" burned toast for breakfast tomorrow. (Just curious... What are they serving for breakfast in Hawaii?)
cboothe09
Southland Conference Tournament Opening Round:
Northwestern State 79 - Texas A&M Corpus Christi 62
Lamar 80 - McNeese 59

Southland Conference Tournament Quarterfinals:
Northwestern State vs. Sam Houston State - 5 pm ESPN+

Lamar vs. Nicholls State - 7:30 pm ESPN+

Both openers were laughers for the most part. I think Northwestern pulls the upset and surprises Sam. Lamar winning big was more of McNeese looking like doodoo. Nicholls should have that one under control...Thoughts? Predictions?
nacluth
Personally I would like to see NWST beat Sam just because I want to play a tired team. Actually I think both these first round winners can go through, but I expect Nicholls to get the win.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Agree with Nacluth about NW....would rather face a team on 3rd straight game....especially since with the fan ban there won't be 3k+ Jacks fans on hand. Definitely hurts us most on a fan base basis.
djsfw57
BigJack85 said:

You're not starting a fight. There is room for reasonable people to disagree. I don't see the crisis I'm 57 and fortunate to be in good health. But some people see it as an existential threat. I do not.
Don't overlook the value of being in good health. After the health issues I've had this year and spending over 2 months in the hospital, I'm fairly sure it would take another miracle for me to survive should I get the virus. I don't want ANYONE to get it, to die, or to even get sick. I just see it spreading more than we anticipated. I'll be very glad when it's over so we can focus on cheering the Jacks in their Sweet Sixteen game.
Pilotgirl
All of this is still so surreal. I'm afraid that the tourney will be canceled all together or, if not, this will impact play and our opportunities. I've been working like a dog so I could get work stuff done before my Spring Break next week , and now. Nothing. I know that's a first world problem but this is devastating for many.

I understand why things are cancelled so don't come at me for that. I come into contact with over 2500 people on a daily basis, so why aren't they cancelling public school?
No-look
Pilotgirl said:

All of this is still do surreal. I'm afraid that the tourney will be canceled all together or, if not, this will impact play and our opportunities. Ive been working like a dog so I could get work stuff done before my Speing Break next week , and now. Nothing. I know that's a first world problem but this is devastating for many.

I understand why things are cancelled so dont come at me for that. I come into contact with over 2500 people on a daily basis, so why aren't they cancelling public school?
. I feel your pain. I'm at San Antonio at boys state tourney and am now hearing Saturday may be for teams fans only. You're right, it's a first world problem and an inconvenience. But if safety precautions save one life it puts everything in perspective. To me the media is panicking but the powers that be probably know more than me. Lol Axe'Em!!!
sfajack05
jboy93 said:

That's great. You're young and healthy. If you get it you'll survive it. Good for you.

But what if you went to the tournament and sat next to or infront of someone that has the virus that didn't know they had it and you ended it getting it then passing it along to someone with a compromised immune system, an elderly person, or someone who has a pre-existing condition.

Who cares right as long as you got to go to the tournament because it's all about you.
cboothe09
The school cancellations are coming. The TEA and the region centers have been discussing it. Superintendents are now getting together and discussing it.

I have 7 students that qualified for our national competition next month. There is a very real chance it is cancelled. That is 22k students traveling from all over the world (We call it nationals, but it really is an international competition)
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

All of this is still so surreal. I'm afraid that the tourney will be canceled all together or, if not, this will impact play and our opportunities. I've been working like a dog so I could get work stuff done before my Spring Break next week , and now. Nothing. I know that's a first world problem but this is devastating for many.

I understand why things are cancelled so don't come at me for that. I come into contact with over 2500 people on a daily basis, so why aren't they cancelling public school?

Sadly, one of the reasons they aren't canceling public school is because a lot of those kids don't have anything to eat at home or safe places to stay during the day.
sfajack05
Pilotgirl said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they start to cancel public schools.
Pilotgirl
sfajack05 said:

jboy93 said:

That's great. You're young and healthy. If you get it you'll survive it. Good for you.

But what if you went to the tournament and sat next to or infront of someone that has the virus that didn't know they had it and you ended it getting it then passing it along to someone with a compromised immune system, an elderly person, or someone who has a pre-existing condition.

Who cares right as long as you got to go to the tournament because it's all about you.
Dude. Bad take. We are allowed to be upset and understand the situation at the same time.
sfajack05
Pilotgirl said:

sfajack05 said:

jboy93 said:

Dude. Bad take. We are allowed to be upset and understand the situation at the same time.
I really don't care.
PurpleOut
Staff
Schools are being cancelled in other areas like Seattle, it's only a matter of time everywhere else.

A man in Frisco has it, then went into his kids school last week. The school has been closed (it's Spring Break luckily) and they've been trying to clean everything. But now his 3 year old has it.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

Sadly, one of the reasons they aren't canceling public school is because a lot of those kids don't have anything to eat at home or safe places to stay during the day.
Texan, believe me, I know...I only work in Title 1 schools with afterschool programs galore. My principal told me yesterday that it is coming...so it will not surprise me. My heart hurts that these kids won't have our resources but it is a pandemic. I;m sure as soon as one employee or student has a confirmed diagnosis, that will be it. It's just a waiting game. We have Spring Break next week so I am sure they are crossing their fingers to get thru today and tomorrow.
MasterAxe
Pilotgirl said:

sfajack05 said:

jboy93 said:

I actually agree with him. My wife is undergoing chemo, she has a compromised immune system.

She would not be going to any games. But, let's say someone else on the board did. I happen to know alot of people personally on the board. So, someone goes, gets it. They may not by symptomatic because they have an immune system made of steel. We see each other, I get the virus. I'm not infected because of a strong immune system. But, I give it to my wife and now we have problems.

I get everyone wanting, selfishly, to see games. Hell, so do I.

But, all anyone is asking for is a bit of empathy towards fellow humans and to take precautions.

You go to a small room in your home during a possible tornado, correct? That's a precaution.

These are inconveniences, yes, I get it. But, if canceling sports saves just ONE life, I'm all for it.

There have been deaths already to a virus we have no vaccine for, I don't know that it's completely illogical to try and stop the spread by limiting fans.

Perhaps what makes me sad the most is when people say something like "Yeah, but only 30 people have died," like those 30 people are completely irrelevant.

Those folks are just a statistic to use when making an argument, an argument that changes once someone you know gets infected, which I hope to heaven never happens.

Not calling anyone one, but realize, there are lots of different perspectives on this board as to how to view what's going on and my perspective is that these are the right moves, however unpopular they may be.
Pilotgirl
I understand both sides...but there is no reason to be rude about it, which was my point.
nacluth
I have requested media credentials from both SFA and the Southland Conference to cover the tournament for our site. We'll see if I can find any leeway.
RichieVan
Absolutely agree with this. I understand both sides as well.

60,000 died from H1N1 and 50 million were infected in this country alone The flu kills 40,000 per year on average. What was done for H1N1? What is done yearly for the many flu strains we experience?
This is called perspective.
I also understand the other side, trying to stop the spread of the virus and the value of one person's life.
Let's not lose civility. You can call someone selfish for wanting to attend basketball games and risk spreading the virus and you also be called selfish for wanting to limit someone else's freedom to attend games. It'ss all about your point of view.
Let's keep is classy.
jboy93
Cause that's exactly what I said!
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

I've wondered about why schools haven't been shut down myself. I know it's not a popular idea, but given the situation, I believe it's the right thing to do. I'm not freaking out about this or anything, but I think taking every safety precaution is in order. I just hope this all ends very soon - in time for the Jacks to win their Sweet Sixteen game!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

I have requested media credentials from both SFA and the Southland Conference to cover the tournament for our site. We'll see if I can find any leeway.
Good Luck!
djsfw57
MasterAxe said:

Pilotgirl said:

sfajack05 said:

jboy93 said:

I actually agree with him. My wife is undergoing chemo, she has a compromised immune system.

She would not be going to any games. But, let's say someone else on the board did. I happen to know alot of people personally on the board. So, someone goes, gets it. They may not by symptomatic because they have an immune system made of steel. We see each other, I get the virus. I'm not infected because of a strong immune system. But, I give it to my wife and now we have problems.

I get everyone wanting, selfishly, to see games. Hell, so do I.

But, all anyone is asking for is a bit of empathy towards fellow humans and to take precautions.

You go to a small room in your home during a possible tornado, correct? That's a precaution.

These are inconveniences, yes, I get it. But, if canceling sports saves just ONE life, I'm all for it.

There have been deaths already to a virus we have no vaccine for, I don't know that it's completely illogical to try and stop the spread by limiting fans.

Perhaps what makes me sad the most is when people say something like "Yeah, but only 30 people have died," like those 30 people are completely irrelevant.

Those folks are just a statistic to use when making an argument, an argument that changes once someone you know gets infected, which I hope to heaven never happens.

Not calling anyone one, but realize, there are lots of different perspectives on this board as to how to view what's going on and my perspective is that these are the right moves, however unpopular they may be.
Master, sorry to hear about your wife. You are both in my prayers.
jboy93
nacluth said:

Good luck I hope you can secure them. As always...GO JACKS! And I am out!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Master , you absolutely nailed it with your post!
PurpleOut
Staff
Donovan Mitchell now has it, who got it from Rudy Gobert. And I'll go out on a limb and say anyone that has been in the Jazz locker room in the last week probably has it and doesn't know it.

That's all it takes. As soon as one NCAA player or staff member is confirmed with it, it's a wrap.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.