Katy Watch 2020

39,530 Views | 268 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Ballwatch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wow still in shock
TallTexan
I am heartbroken for our seniors.
sfa17
Horrible way to end a great season.
RichieVan
Terrible news for the seniors and, in my opinion, a massive overreaction. Hopefully, the more sane approach of having Selection Sunday go on, delay the tourney and assess at a later date prevails. I believe it's the most prudent action and strikes the correct balance.
nacluth
Rough to look on the apps and there's no games...except golf.
Pilotgirl
My school is canceled for tomorrow. And next week is spring break
nacluth
Nacogdoches ISD on spring break currently, and return is postponed to Thursday for now with potential for more.
cboothe09
My Spring Break isnt until April, but it looks like we are shutting down next week at least.
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

My Spring Break isnt until April, but it looks like we are shutting down next week at least.

Dang that's a late spring break.
nacluth
I've got two nights in a Katy hotel starting tomorrow. It sounds depressing now.
SFASawmillGuy
There's always Katy mills.
cboothe09
Katy isnt terrible. Head down I-10 to Memorial. Plenty to do there. A lot of high school baseball still going on if your interested. Head over to Saint Arnold's for some good beer and a great atmosphere.
nacluth
Thanks guys. Was looking forward to this for far too long. I will probably still go just to not lose the money. Just disappointed to not see this incredible team again.

The posture online is for a lot of people demanding another year of eligibility, but honestly how many seniors want to put in a whole year of the kind of effort it took to get here when they are done. Guess it's possible, but our top guys are done. Hard to get over.
RichieVan
Well said. Extremely disappointing that our team did not get a chance to make it's mark.
As always, Axe 'em!!
No-look
Incredible season. Didn't end the way we wanted but we went out as champions. Feel for the seniors. I really think this team could have won multi games. #26 in the AP. Grateful for all the guys selling out to the process. Coaches killed it. Thank players and coaches!
Pilotgirl
It's been an emotional week and, I know I'm the only female here, but V and I cried so much yesterday. The individual players stories, the team beating Duke, bouncing back from last season to dominant again....then I also learned I am getting a promotion next year...I'm just a mess right now ..

Here is a post I shared on the Duke Forum:
Today, we grieve. We grieve the loss of our seniors, the loss of getting to see them play ONE more time, and the celebrations. We will forever wonder what could have been.

But we also are full of pride. Pride of our team rebuild from last year, of 3 seniors taking on leadership roles and getting a program back into Dominating the Southland. And of course, we celebrate our little team beating Duke on the big stage, making SFA more prominent in the BB conversations and for contributions made to Bain's GoFundMe.

Thank you Duke Forum...for jumping on the SFA wagon. Continue cheering us on! And thanks for welcoming us on your boards.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl said:

It's been an emotional week and, I know I'm the only female here, but V and I cried so much yesterday. The individual players stories, the team beating Duke, bouncing back from last season to dominant again....then I also learned I am getting a promotion next year...I'm just a mess right now ..

Here is a post I shared on the Duke Forum:
Today, we grieve. We grieve the loss of our seniors, the loss of getting to see them play ONE more time, and the celebrations. We will forever wonder what could have been.

But we also are full of pride. Pride of our team rebuild from last year, of 3 seniors taking on leadership roles and getting a program back into Dominating the Southland. And of course, we celebrate our little team beating Duke on the big stage, making SFA more prominent in the BB conversations and for contributions made to Bain's GoFundMe.

Thank you Duke Forum...for jumping on the SFA wagon. Continue cheering us on! And thanks for welcoming us on your boards.

Good post, and congrats!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl said:

.then I also learned I am getting a promotion next year..

Put that extra cash in the bank. You'll need it to pay for trips to the Regional and beyond next year!
Pilotgirl
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Pilotgirl said:

.then I also learned I am getting a promotion next year..

Put that extra cash in the bank. You'll need it to pay for trips to the Regional and beyond next year!

Lol you know it!
sfajack05
"The NJCAA has postponed tournaments until Monday, April 20.

The statement in full reads as follows:
In light of recent developments regarding COVID-19, the NJCAA has made the decision to postpone national championship events for the upcoming Division I and Division II men's and women's basketball tournaments.
Division III men's and women's championships, currently underway, will work with an expedited schedule that will conclude on Friday, March 13.

Originally scheduled to begin the week of March 16, the four upcoming national championship events - DI men, DI women, DII men and DII women will aim for a tentative start date of Monday, April 20."

Why couldn't the NCAA do the same instead of canceling? At least give these athletes some hope. If things got better in a five weeks then play on if not then cancel it then.
RichieVan
Agree 100%. I just posted my thoughts on another thread. And congrats to Pilotgirl for her promotion!
Pilotgirl
Thanks for the Congrats....kinda came out of the blue so lots to process in the last 24 to 48 hours!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Thanks for the Congrats....kinda came out of the blue so lots to process in the last 24 to 48 hours!
Congratulations!
SFAJack_76
Don't think this has been posted. Not really appropriate here, but know it will be seen. Lots of details to work through, including how the scholarships get funded, scholarship counts, etc.
SFAJack_76
Update from th NJCAA. Angelina College was set to have home baseball and softball games today.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.