SFA / Duke

81,311 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I read it on the app and it makes sense....
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

I read it on the app and it makes sense....
Wins against the bubble makes sense & should be the metric.
sfa17
He made a decent argument.

I wouldnt hold my breath for an at large bid. Bc 2 bad losses whether it is in katy or during the regular season would disqualify us from any at large consideration. Maybe if we went undefeated in conference then lost in the finals at katy. We would have a slim chance but not with 2 bad losses
jboy93
So it comes down to winning at Katy or it's the NIT, simple as that!
djsfw57
Thanks for posting this. Very interesting reading.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

He made a decent argument.

I wouldnt hold my breath for an at large bid. Bc 2 bad losses whether it is in katy or during the regular season would disqualify us from any at large consideration. Maybe if we went undefeated in conference then lost in the finals at katy. We would have a slim chance but not with 2 bad losses
Although he doesn't spell it out, the real criteria used is to guarantee high major teams spots.

As if someone wants to watch the 7th worst Big 12 team get bounced in the first weekend.

We could be 30-1 and we'd be out of luck. Until we regularly hit the 2nd weekend, we won't be considered for an at large bid.
PurpleOut
Staff
Pilotgirl
Someone offered me an objective take this past weekend. I was visiting friends in Austin and he has been following us in basketball for about 5 years now (because of me). He had messaged me DURING the Duke game to let me know that we were holding on own and then later to make sure I was ok because he knew I was freaking out LOL Anyway. he and his wife are big college basketball and football fans (Iowa) and we talked about the at-large bid with SFA. I explained to him why it was a moot point and that MAYBE had we not lost to CC, there would at least be an argument. His response was one I hadn't thought about until then. Though he doesn't think it will happen either, he thinks *it might* be at least in the committee's conversation as we would be a big audience draw (on TV), especially if we were placed in Duke's bracket.

We all know that money makes the world go round and I thought his argument had some merit. Everybody loves a Cinderella story and people would recognize us as the Giant Killers, as my friend now calls us.
sfa17
sfa17
yeah even at 30-1, i feel like we would still be on the bubble. his arguement is more about consideration rather than actually getting in. We just want to be nominated but no chance of winning other than katy

But all this Poll and SFA/NCAA support is making me nervous for the game tomorrow
Pilotgirl
Lol SAME. I hope they are blocking out the noise.
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

That fellow put a heck of a lot of thought into it. For that, I'm grateful to him. And I'm thankful that our program has evolved to a point at which a national writer would take the time to do that.
No-look
Getting a lot of attention from some big guys! We better win tonight or this will disappear like a distant memory.
TallTexan
No-look said:

Getting a lot of attention from some big guys! We better win tonight or this will disappear like a distant memory.
If we lose tonight I will be highly, highly disappointed.
RedRiverLa
Great reading
No-look
Tomorrow night. It was a test and you passed !
TallTexan
No-look said:

Tomorrow night. It was a test and you passed !
Oh good, cuz I didn't study.
tangerito
How fitting that Kevon is on the Season Ticket for tomorrow nights game. Now that's planning.
No-look
tangerito said:

How fitting that Kevon is on the Season Ticket for tomorrow nights game. Now that's planning.
When he gets the three points can they stop the game to honor him?
nacluth
Duke better not let NC State beat them.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Duke better not let NC State beat them.

They are smoking Duke right now. Duke Forum is hilarious about this game.
cboothe09
88-66 Final
nacluth
Matt, your live tweeting the game was the best thing of this awful week. Thanks.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Matt, your live tweeting the game was the best thing of this awful week. Thanks.

Swear my heart was beating reading his tweets and I know how it ends.

I'd watch the game again, but now is no time to end up in the hospital.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Swear my heart was beating reading his tweets and I know how it ends.

I'd watch the game again, but now is no time to end up in the hospital.
PurpleOut
Staff
nacluth said:

Probably will do the WVU game this weekend. Just because.

Here is the thread in case anyone wants to see it. This was actually the first time I had time to re-watch the full game. It's insane how well we played, completely outplayed Duke the entire game. Game never should have gone to OT.

No-look
PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

Here is the thread in case anyone wants to see it. This was actually the first time I had time to re-watch the full game. It's insane how well we played, completely outplayed Duke the entire game. Game never should have gone to OT.

. We would have won in regulation if not for the phantom foul call on Cam where they made both free throws.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

nacluth said:

. We would have won in regulation if not for the phantom foul call on Cam where they made both free throws.
Worst call of the entire game.
Pilotgirl
BigJack85
I'm a gonna be watching.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA Jack Fanatic
Duke's Tre Jones has announced that he will enter the NBA draft. Very nice of him to wait until after the re-air of the SFA-Duke game yesterday before announcing it.

Sad that he won't be here when we beat Duke next season inside WRJ.
Tadapocus
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaabk/college-basketballs-10-best-games-of-2019-20/ar-BB11K4xe
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Now, that just plain funny right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.