SFA / Duke

81,986 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Louisville 79- Duke 73
SFASawmillGuy
At least we didn't lose to the Cardinals.
djsfw57
From midmajormadness.com:

https://www.midmajormadness.com/2020/1/10/21060209/the-year-in-brutality-stephen-f-austin-duke-evansville-kentucky-mid-major-upsets-college-basketball

Now if they would just get their heads out of their rectums and rank SFA above all those teams with 5 or 6 losses...
SFA, Class of 1979
SFAJack_76
Much more than the earlier estimates.

BigJack85
I hope and pray that it results in enrollment gains.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Much more than the earlier estimates.

Send this to every professor.

50-100 million is incredible. I wonder if we saw a year over year boost in applications. Unlike March wins, this happened right in the middle of the regular application period.
nacluth
Not to offend, but estimates like this always remind me of this movie.

TallTexan
Speaking of applications.

Rhfarmer
SFA is ranked one spot below UNC on Kenpom.

We are going to do our level best to insure that you pass them...
RichieVan
For your viewing pleasure, YouTube has posted the full game. Enjoy!

Pilotgirl
RichieVan said:

For your viewing pleasure, YouTube has posted the full game. Enjoy!

Finally!!
TallTexan
Sweet!
PurpleOut
Staff
Got a like from the Duke Twitter account.

Pilotgirl
SFA Sports marketing sucks. That's it. That's the post.
cboothe09
Has typically been the strongest in the SLC. A LOT of changes this year in personnel, not excusing the failure to meet our expectations, just a little background into what is going on. I expect to see what we are accustomed to here in the near future...
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Has typically been the strongest in the SLC. A LOT of changes this year in personnel, not excusing the failure to meet our expectations, just a little background into what is going on. I expect to see what we are accustomed to here in the near future...
Almost a complete turnover in staff. Very short handed for a while. Almost back to being fully staffed.
PurpleOut
Staff
The new videos we're putting out are the best we've ever had.

I mean, we just put out a bowling video. I think that's a good showing of what we're trying to do. So yeah it was missing a lot in the fall, but we're getting back in gear now and it's getting big.
Pilotgirl
Oh, I meant merch and capitalizing on big wins, not social media. And social media is best in SLC but not for sure if that is what I would measure my program against (especially if we want to be the best mid-major). Just my opinion and 2 cents.
cboothe09
Definitely wouldn't want to be only best in SLC. I remember Travis posting a lot of stuff showing where our social media stacked up, not only against FCS, but Division I. We are definitely one of the best in the country there...
sfa17
Tre Jones with buzzer beater to tie UNC 84 -84. Going to OT. Let's go duke
nacluth
Up 3 with 4 seconds left, UNC fouls to force Duke to shoot foul shots. Tre Jones hits the first. Drills the second of the rim gets the rebound and scores to go to OT. Ridiculous.
sfa17
what a finish...Duke win with a buzzer from wendell moore. Also those logo jersey are sick
SFAXE93
Duke having an SFA moment.

djsfw57
SFAXE93 said:

Duke having an SFA moment.

Nice to see they were paying attention and learning something from SFA. :-)
SFA, Class of 1979
No-look
Looks like NC was no SFA.
RedRiverLa
Commish Tom Burnett was on our local sports show here in Shreveport and called SFAs victory over Duke 'by far, the greatest single moment in the long history of our league'
BigJack85
RedRiverLa said:

Commish Tom Burnett was on our local sports show here in Shreveport and called SFAs victory over Duke 'by far, the greatest single moment in the long history of our league'

That's awesome. Now let's get to the Southland had some real mid-major cred. Not that long ago we were making it to FCS title games etc.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

Glad he realizes it.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Glad he realizes it.

At least there was acknowledgement. Baby steps. He also said biggest complaint he gets are about the refs. So, really, not earth shattering news on both accounts.
TallTexan
RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

RedRiverLa said:

Glad he realizes it.

At least there was acknowledgement. Baby steps. He also said biggest complaint he gets are about the refs. So, really, not earth shattering news on both accounts.

League teams: Wow! That basketball win was awesome for our publicity, we should have good scheduling and decent refs to make the whole league better.

Tom Burnett: You want me to actually do my job?
TallTexan
djsfw57
Too bad you can't actually read this article without having to join. Aggravating to be sure.
SFA, Class of 1979
TallTexan
djsfw57 said:

Too bad you can't actually read this article without having to join. Aggravating to be sure.
Ya I didn't join lol. Just shared because i figured someone had & it's cool that they wrote about it.
sfa17
I signed up for the free trial, if its okay with everyone here i will share. If not feel free to remove it.
sfa17
***Pulled the post. If you didn't read it before it got taken down, please sign up for the Athletic's free trial and check it out there. It's always good when national media starts reporting on our sports. We'll respect their attempts to make a little money.***

-nacluth

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.