SFA / Duke

81,942 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Amen to this!

Maybe students won't listen to their sports-hating professors and approve a fee next time.
sfa17
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Amen to this!

Maybe students won't listen to their sports-hating professors and approve a fee next time.
man, i still remember this like it was yesterday
SFA Jack Fanatic
No rest for the weary. Coach K headed to Houston recruiting today.

Hope he lets someone else drive. Wouldn't want him to fall asleep at the wheel.
SFAJack_76
sfa17 said:

No SFA ad campaign can compete with the free press we are getting. Every show on ESPN will be talking about us. Invest in cbb
And it's not just sports channels. CNBC Squawk Box, ABC GMA led with it, etc.
sfa17
wow Good Morning America wow
RedRiverLa
Yea, this morning at work is useless. So, giving my staff off the rest of the day off in honor of last nights game so they can get their celebration for tomorrow started. I mean, isn't this win over Duke what we're really all gathering to celebrate tomorrow? I mean the whole country is shutting down to celebrate it
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFAJack_76
This is good news.
SFAJack_76
nacluth
MasterAxe said:

I've watched the replays like 1,000,000 times and there are two plays that stand out that won't get mentioned, but saved the game. Both made by Roti Ware.

Ware had a horrible game offensively, I think we all recognize that.

However, two plays on defense saved the game.

(1) At the end of regulation, after Kensmil and Bain saved the ball, it ends up in the hands of Cassius Spencer who has a WIDE OPEN lane to the basket. Roti comes from across the lane to get in front of him and cause him to fire up a distressed shot. If Roti does not rotate over, its a wide open shot, maybe a layup, and we lose.

(2) The final possession, if you watch, Jones tries to feed it down low, it's actually Ware who gets his hand on the ball causing the scrum, leading to Kensmil, leading to Bain.

And, shoutout to Gavin for not panicking when he has the ball, laying near the baseline. It would been very easy, and totally acceptable, for him to call a timeout. But, he stayed composed, rolled over and found Bain.

Yep. Roti kept coming up defensively in the game. I hope he finally does his thing offensively, but he helped out big tonight on the floor.

I've already turned in my Newcomer of the Year award ballot to the SLC. It says Kensmil.
TallTexan
sfa17 said:

wow Good Morning America wow
Dang!
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

For 2021 class I presume?
SFAJack_76
In support of the team and Coach Keller, I am celebrating until about 1:00, then on the the next game. Great interview.
MasterAxe
MasterAxe said:

I hold no illusions of grandeur. They are considerably better with a roster full of eventual NBA players.

If we're within 25, I'd be thrilled.
I'm a moron.
nacluth
MasterAxe said:

MasterAxe said:

I hold no illusions of grandeur. They are considerably better with a roster full of eventual NBA players.

I'm a moron.
And we love you. It's a good day to be a Jack fan regardless what anyone thought would happen. We AXED them.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

For 2021 class I presume?

Must be. No vacancies for 2020.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

MasterAxe said:

MasterAxe said:

I'm a moron.
And we love you. It's a good day to be a Jack fan regardless what anyone thought would happen. We AXED them.

Actually, Master was right. We were within 25.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Nate's GoFundMe account now at $48,000 !!!!
Ljacks&Longnecks
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

That said I think Master is spot on in his post, no illusions and just hope we show better than UCA did.
Yep, me too Master. But the crow "ala Duke" still tastes great today.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Donations pouring in this morning from all over the country. Up to $51,000 now. Up by $3,000 in just the last hour or so.
No-look
In the last minute of the game, what were the Duke fans chanting? Sounded like"SFWho, SFWho???
Ljacks&Longnecks
Someone on twitter copied and posted Nacluth's pre game writeup and said how accurate it turned out to be for this game and I must agree. Great job Ryan and I'm sure we will expect this trend to continue throughout the season.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I thought they were saying Let's go Duke but I'm not really sure....I was too busy saying to miss any shot they took!
SFAJack_76
"Stocks close at new record highs following SFA's victory over Duke."

Prove me wrong.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I thought they were saying Let's go Duke but I'm not really sure....I was too busy saying to miss any shot they took!
This is correct.
SFAJack_76

SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Matt , How was night life in Durham last night????

We all stayed in the stadium to greet the players, it was close to 12:30 before I left. Not much around the campus and I had only gotten a few hours sleep the night before so I was pretty drained.

I'll share more later tonight.
sfa17
They talk about the game for the first 20 minutes.

https://www.cbssports.com/podcasts/eye-on-college-basketball/
purpleballs
Felt so great walking around Raleigh/Durham airport this morning in my SFA shirt. Got a lot of looks and congratulations. A worker there even took my pic to send to one of his obnoxious Duke friends. Standing in line last night to get in the GA section we were close to the student line. Kid walks up to his friend and says "where are all the tents?" Because no one camped out for tickets. His friends reply was "dude it's SFA." Just an unbelievable experience to have been there, obviously for the win but the atmosphere in that stadium was crazy. They are very passionate and it shows. On a side note I thought there campus was beautiful.
nacluth
Starting the petition now that the first official Sawmill t-shirt has the quote " I knew I had to get up on my horse" on it.
purpleballs
nacluth said:

Starting the petition now that the first official Sawmill t-shirt has the quote " I knew I had to get up on my horse" on it.
How about some quotes from your speech that fired some of us up. You could add to the back.
TheRevSFA
Every time the play pops up in my timeline or twitter feed I stop and watch. Every. Single. Time
nacluth
https://www.dukechronicle.com/article/2019/11/duke-basketball-stephen-f-austin-tre-jones-vernon-carey-kevon-harris

Good one. My favorite quote from one of the Duke players: "That's what we want our identity to be."
nacluth
Official quote:

TallTexan
We got anyone here talented enough to draw Bain on a horse, holding a basketball?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.