SFA / Duke

81,972 Views | 454 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I made my favorite bar play the fight song. They did it.
TheRevSFA
****. YEA.
sfajack05
So damn proud of this team and how they played tonight. They came out and took the punch then fought back. The other guys stepped up in the 2nd half when Duke was focusing on Kevon. Our Coach K made some great adjustments in the second half. Sounds like some of them were dealing with sickness from the interview Keller gave right after the game.

Incredible win. Every single seat should be filled at the WRJ for rest of the season. This team is special.
TallTexan
https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketball/comments/e2anb7/post_game_thread_stephen_f_austin_defeats_1_duke/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

We're never gonna get scheduled again!

BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

That's what I was thinking....there goes our non-conf schedule NEXT year!
Pilotgirl
RichieVan said:

We moved up to only 222 in KenPom. What a joke
Duke only drops to 4.
How in the heck does that work?

Are you serious?
nacluth

I see you Matt. You better have a report for us in the morning...or afternoon or whenever you wake up from this hangover.
SFASawmillGuy
Diddukewin.com
SFASawmillGuy
nacluth
It's 3 in the morning. I just got done watching the game. Unbelievable. I thought I would have something more to say, but somehow my first post in this thread turned out best.

Five years Bain. You deserve this game. You were awesome. Thanks.
Pilotgirl
https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-11-26-stephen-f-austin-head-coach-kyle-keller-talks-thrilling-upset-over-duke/
SFASawmillGuy
Can we just stop and talk about how this is potentially the absolute best win any team will have all year or has had for many years before.

That defense we played was national championship defense. Kevon Harris was NBA caliber Kevon. This team stumbled against Rutgers but wow. Bring on literally ANYONE you have. Our guys might not beat them. But we already beat the best. We aren't scared of anyone else.
jboy93
Met the team at the airport in Tyler. Coach was kind enough to take a selfie even though he was exhausted! Should be in Nac around 5:45 or so. Proud to be a JACK and oh by the way he said they were going to help pass out food in Nac for the Thanksgiving holiday! No rest for the best team in the land.
jboy93
SFAJack_76
There is an argument that this is the biggest win in SFA history. Yes, bigger than either NCAA win. Duke. At Cameron. First non conference loss there in 19 years. Biggest upset in NCAA in 15 years. Great backstory with Bain scoring the winning bucket. Unlike during the tournament, this is the only significant game being played. It gets all the attention. Being talked about on all kinds of shows, not just sports shows. Business shows talking about it.

Yes, filling out the schedule next season is going to be brutal.
SFASawmillGuy
Lets celebrate for 24 hours. Then we get ready for Arkansas State.
PurpleOut
Staff
Hi.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

Hi.
That had to be one of the best sports experiences of your life. Amazing.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Just landed. What happened?

The naysayer question of can Keller coached was answered forever. Boom!
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

We're never gonna get scheduled again!

BUT IT WAS TOTALLY WORTH IT!

That's what I was thinking....there goes our non-conf schedule NEXT year!

Remember when all the naysayers were whining about how we looked against LeTourneau? Yeah...me either. Ha! Boom goes Duke!
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2019-11-26-stephen-f-austin-head-coach-kyle-keller-talks-thrilling-upset-over-duke/

Thanks for posting!
Lumberjack Battalion
SFAJack_76
Not too shabby.
SFAJack_76
Yep. Teared up a little.

I believe the fund was below $2,000 before last night. It is now rapidly approaching $20,000.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sfa-athletics-fundraiser-for-nate-bain039s-family?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B4904-welcome-wp-v5
SFA88
I'm looking forward to the Lumberjacks vs Purple Aces NCAA tournament championship game.
SFAJack_76
Lufkin HC, and the father of SFA punter.
No-look
nacluth said:

I see you Matt. You better have a report for us in the morning...or afternoon or whenever you wake up from this hangover.
. And a full post game with Keller and players.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85
Matt , How was night life in Durham last night????
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76 said:

Yep. Teared up a little.

I believe the fund was below $2,000 before last night. It is now rapidly approaching $20,000.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/sfa-athletics-fundraiser-for-nate-bain039s-family?utm_medium=email&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=p_email%2B4904-welcome-wp-v5
Over $25,000 now. The goal has been raised to $50,000.
MasterAxe
I've watched the replays like 1,000,000 times and there are two plays that stand out that won't get mentioned, but saved the game. Both made by Roti Ware.

Ware had a horrible game offensively, I think we all recognize that.

However, two plays on defense saved the game.

(1) At the end of regulation, after Kensmil and Bain saved the ball, it ends up in the hands of Cassius Spencer who has a WIDE OPEN lane to the basket. Roti comes from across the lane to get in front of him and cause him to fire up a distressed shot. If Roti does not rotate over, its a wide open shot, maybe a layup, and we lose.

(2) The final possession, if you watch, Jones tries to feed it down low, it's actually Ware who gets his hand on the ball causing the scrum, leading to Kensmil, leading to Bain.

And, shoutout to Gavin for not panicking when he has the ball, laying near the baseline. It would been very easy, and totally acceptable, for him to call a timeout. But, he stayed composed, rolled over and found Bain.

Those plays, to me, show that the basketball IQ of this team is incredible. We may not win all the games, but our effort will be there and guys will play both ways, all out, something that last years team, probably would not/could not do.

Now, time to refocus. The bullseye is squarely on us. Our friend in our "We Beat the #1 Team in the Country" group, Evansville, promptly lost 3 of 4 after beating Kentucky.

We have Arkansas State on Saturday, who is 6-1 and just won a road game at Colorado State, so you know they'll be amped to host us.

LFG.

SFAJack_76
Spot on observations. Although Roti is struggling on the offensive end, he stepped up on defense. Kensmil is a stud. He gives us an inside presence that we haven't had since .... Taylor Smith?
SFAJack_76
This is so good. "My plan was to put the ball in the hole."
SFAJack_76
sfa17
No SFA ad campaign can compete with the free press we are getting. Every show on ESPN will be talking about us. Invest in cbb
TallTexan

So happy to see this.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.