SFA / Northwestern State

52,142 Views | 308 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by migata33
cboothe09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
To be fair, I would have been drinking too, but bourbon and a 2 hour drive home dont mix...I am home now and have opened a new bottle of Bulleit.
cboothe09
Hart and Pope are signed to play at SFA. They are on their way to help.
nacluth
New Orleans is no joke. They are a good team. Playing them there with their students back (probably) would be a nice win to get back on track. Three practice days. Let's get it.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

It is time to say it how it is - Keller needs to go. This is an embarrassment to our town and our university. The Southland conference should be a cakewalk for a team like SFA. What is going on now is a total abomination and completely unacceptable. When will someone be held to account??

BAHAHAHA. can I whip out my foul language here, too?? PLEEEZZE!?

No. You've used up your 1 already for the year.

Don't go look at the Prediction Thread then....whoops plus, it's only Jan & we still have to play Sam and ACU!

New way to monetize the Sawmill, in thread purchases for curse word quota. $1 per word.

I guess we're going to have to attach a breathalyzer app to access this thread now.

Cboothe was eating his feellings away at Posados, so I thought it fitting to drink mine. Totally cognizant & watching the Cowboys choke rn.

Lol, think RedRiver was mocking my suggestion of a curse word monetization scheme.

Yep. This board has gotten way too touchy
tonight. from f-bombs to 'Fire Keller' to PurpleOut being too irate to post. I'm
glad BamaRTR isn't seeing this. We need some wins quick.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

New Orleans is no joke. They are a good team. Playing them there with their students back (probably) would be a nice win to get back on track. Three practice days. Let's get it.

They don't have good attendance. Even yr after they were in the NCAA tourney.
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

It is time to say it how it is - Keller needs to go. This is an embarrassment to our town and our university. The Southland conference should be a cakewalk for a team like SFA. What is going on now is a total abomination and completely unacceptable. When will someone be held to account??

Don't go look at the Prediction Thread then....whoops plus, it's only Jan & we still have to play Sam and ACU!

New way to monetize the Sawmill, in thread purchases for curse word quota. $1 per word.

I guess we're going to have to attach a breathalyzer app to access this thread now.

Cboothe was eating his feellings away at Posados, so I thought it fitting to drink mine. Totally cognizant & watching the Cowboys choke rn.

Lol, think RedRiver was mocking my suggestion of a curse word monetization scheme.

tonight. from f-bombs to 'Fire Keller' to PurpleOut being too irate to post. I'm

Lol our boards are rated G compared to Bama's boards !

F-bomb is singular, not plural!
PurpleOut
Staff
Just got home, finally thanks to a wreck on 259.

I'm just as upset and agitated honestly. Coaches definitely deserve some criticism. I can't for any reason understand why Sammie was in at the end. Karl out was definitely a big loss, because it meant more minutes for Sammie. He had SUCH a bad game and is completely out of shape. Towards the end he fell down attempting a rebound, he was so gassed he could barely get up and make it down the court. How someone on the bench doesn't say, "hey we need to get him out" is mind boggling to me. He never came out.

The worst part about tonight is just how BAD Northwestern State is. They shot 37% for the game and had 23 turnovers...that should NEVER get a win on the road against anyone. Especially against us. Especially in Nac. They gave up a 17-4 run and literally tried to give us the game.

Disappointing effort from Kevon. I love him to death and he'll be one of the greatest SFA players of all time, but he has not grown into the leader we had hoped yet.

I don't know what else to say right now, I'm extremely frustrated but there's a lot of season left. If we're going to play like crap during conference play this is the best time to do it. We have to turn it around quick though, on the road at New Orleans will be tough. If we play like we did tonight we'll lose by 10+.
cboothe09
Might steer clear of the Bama boards. Tide lost to A&M on a buzzer beater in Tuscoloosa....
PurpleOut
Staff
Also, I do think Keller is in a tough spot right now. It's great that we've finally got the majority of the team back. But they've never all played and practiced together. Trying to get a rotation down will take some time.
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

I count free throws as f-bombs too, because we bombed.
Lumberjack Battalion
BigJack85
New Orleans is literally the absolute worst place right now. Not talent wise but I think their coach is one of the better X's and O's guys in the league.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
PurpleOut
Staff
Only good thing that happened tonight was the dog show at halftime.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

New Orleans is literally the absolute worst place right now. Not talent wise but I think they're coach is one of the better X's and O's.

Agree 100%. They're always extremely tough. We can't *****foot around next week in the first half our we'll get blasted.
PurpleOut
Staff
For the record, my LJF forums were 100% uncensored. Just saying.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

BigJack85 said:

New Orleans is literally the absolute worst place right now. Not talent wise but I think they're coach is one of the better X's and O's.

Agree 100%. They're always extremely tough. We can't *****foot around next week in the first half our we'll get blasted.

Hahaha YES! Sometimes, some curse/ foul words are necessary. I can think of no better example than tonight.

Road games: back to NOLA and then San Antonio BUT classes don't start until 22nd so no classes help with this schedule.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

MIKE. DROP.
MasterAxe
There is a poster advocating to fire Keller.

Doesn't he know that I'm the "Fire Keller" maniac?!

We're not even close to that territory.

Does he and the staff have a lot to answer for and adjust to? Absolutely.

Have they done a good job this year? Hard to say.

But, talk of firing is absurd.

Imagine firing a coach every time "message board guy" said to. Lol.
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

I count free throws as f-bombs too, because we bombed.

Then this (and previous game thread) are NC-17 rated. Lol
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

I'm just as upset and agitated honestly. Coaches definitely deserve some criticism. I can't for any reason understand why Sammie was in at the end. Karl out was definitely a big loss, because it meant more minutes for Sammie. He had SUCH a bad game and is completely out of shape. Towards the end he fell down attempting a rebound, he was so gassed he could barely get up and make it down the court. How someone on the bench doesn't say, "hey we need to get him out" is mind boggling to me. He never came out.
I'm still perplexed by this, to be honest. He was totally gassed. I thought they'd pull him at any moment.
TallTexan
MasterAxe said:

There is a poster advocating to fire Keller.

Doesn't he know that I'm the "Fire Keller" maniac?!

We're not even close to that territory.

Does he and the staff have a lot to answer for and adjust to? Absolutely.

Have they done a good job this year? Hard to say.

But, talk of firing is absurd.

Imagine firing a coach every time "message board guy" said to. Lol.
Lol. Good response to put it in perspective.
BigJack85
Agreed. Personally I'm not there (firing) yet..... and probably won't be unless there is total collapse. That being said I believe we had real deficiencies last year that I expected improvement in. Nothing. We're still sketchy on perimeter defense unless the opposition has zero inside game. Also, our rotation off screens in defense looks lazy. That's all but Kevon. The lack of improvement concerns me the most.

Offensively we are stale without TJ. Our movement is to predictable.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
crgideon
Is demanding excellence from our premier sport and its leadership a bad thing?
Pilotgirl
cboothe09 said:

Might steer clear of the Bama boards. Tide lost to A&M on a buzzer beater in Tuscoloosa....

Fudge those buzzer beaters!!!!!!
MasterAxe
crgideon said:

Is demanding excellence from our premier sport and its leadership a bad thing?

Absolutely not. But calling for a coach to be fired because he lost a game seems like a stretch.

And let's play that theory: you want him fired now, who you gonna get? And, will you call for them to be fired when they lose? How many wins in a row will make you satisfied?

We could get Avery Johnson, they lost today to a bad Aggie team.

I assume you want Saban fired? Or Roy Williams? He lost by like 30 today.

Now, if the year goes to total poo and we end up like 10-22, sure you may have a point.

Frustration all around is warranted. I think the feeling is that calling for a firing might be overkill.

TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

cboothe09 said:

I thought ours would be the worst beat of the night. But then the UTEP buzzer happened.
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

No, my point was....nevermind.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

PurpleOut said:

MIKE. DROP.

I hope Mike is okay.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
PurpleOut said:

Ha! But you're too smart of a writer to need them. BTW, it's funny the forum automatically starred out and censored *****footing,, it refers to a cat timidly walking around, which is a great description of this team. Starring it out now takes it to place I'm afraid to ask what is meant...
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

cboothe09 said:

I thought ours would be the worst beat of the night. But then the UTEP buzzer happened.
if you get a chance, catch the Ga State buzzer beater against ULM. The Ga State player picks up his dribble between half court and the top of the key and proceeds to walk in for a layup.
Lumberjack Battalion
KirkHeath12
Woke up and still not happy.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
PurpleOut
Staff
KirkHeath12 said:

Same. I'm not as angry as I was last night, just frustrated.

I woke up and said in my head, "I wish we could go up for rebounds like those dogs went up for frisbees."
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

KirkHeath12 said:

Same. I'm not as angry as I was last night, just frustrated.

I woke up and said in my head, "I wish we could go up for rebounds like those dogs went up for frisbees."
Yep.

Maybe it's time for a remake of Airbud. Airbud goes to College.
No-look
Wasn't Keller who missed countless shots around the bucket or missed too many free throws or made bad decisions on the court in crunch time. Shoot a decent percentage from the line or make a put back and we win. This can be cleaned up. I still think we win the conference.
SFAJack_76
Well, two losses in a row to bad teams. Simply not okay, but all is not lost ... yet.

It was good to see everyone, sans TJ and Nicholas, back on the floor. Clearly, the coaches got lost on player rotations having everyone available. I love Augustin, but he is not ready to play that many minutes. Where was Comeaux in the second half? Samuli was a liability on the offensive end, but he played solid on the defensive end in spite of being gassed. Watch the final play again. While Lane blew by Bain, Samuli was blocking out two guys on the other side of the bucket. Of course, it never should have come down to that. Fitzgerald ... I thought he was over rated coming in and he has not changed my mind. He wants to make big plays which leads to not smart plays.

I thought Harris had dead legs in the second half. He didn't have his usual burst. Couldn't get up around the rim. Missing free throws. Too many minutes? Long bus rides? I don't know, but I never expect him to have a game that bad again. Bogues also looked half a step slow. Three point shots are about legs, and he was off.

Long bus rides coming up to UNO and UIW. Ugh. Coaches need to be huddled up this morning working on how to use who they now have available. Coaches need to be working on the mental state of this team. As much as we expect them to win these games, you know the players expect it even more. They must be really down right now. How they respond the next two games may very well define the season.

I am frustrated and concerned. Not ready to pack it in yet, and will continue to support these guys every step.

How about those Ladyjacks! That was the best three point shooting game I have ever seen by any team at any level. That is a team that is getting better. If, when, Harvey gets back, look out.
TallTexan
Excellent point on Samuli on the final play. He did a great job of blocking out, despite his other woes last night. Hopefully, in a game or two, he and Aaron will be back at full speed.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.