SFA / Northwestern State

52,134 Views | 308 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by migata33
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Stat that sucks: 3-21 from downtown.

Marissa Banfield is the best three point shooter on campus.
Pilotgirl
MasterAxe said:

Stat that sucks: 3-21 from downtown.

Marissa Banfield is the best three point shooter on campus.

Hayes was ON FIRE today. And hey, HOW ABOUT THOSE LADIES!
Pilotgirl
HJC69 said:

I disagree with all that think Sammi is lost. He mixed it up with # 20 for NW. He played much better defense than Fitzgerald and Nicholas is not in tune with the team.

#20 is "Call Me Ishmael" Lane, who was their best player last yr. We had him in foul trouble when we played them at their home last year as well.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

HJC69 said:

I disagree with all that think Sammi is lost. He mixed it up with # 20 for NW. He played much better defense than Fitzgerald and Nicholas is not in tune with the team.

#20 is "Call Me Ishmael" Lane, who was their best player last yr. We had him in foul trouble when we played them at their home last year as well.

Wish we had went at him when we got him at 4 fouls.

Also, just watched the last play. We had position on him at the end, but looked like Bain didn't block him out. Shouldn't have come down to a final shot though.
nacluth
Surprising stat of the game. Kevon 1-11 from the field. Shooting 50% for the season until today.
crgideon
It is time to say it how it is - Keller needs to go. This is an embarrassment to our town and our university. The Southland conference should be a cakewalk for a team like SFA. What is going on now is a total abomination and completely unacceptable. When will someone be held to account??
TallTexan
crgideon said:

It is time to say it how it is - Keller needs to go. This is an embarrassment to our town and our university. The Southland conference should be a cakewalk for a team like SFA. What is going on now is a total abomination and completely unacceptable. When will someone be held to account??

Something tells me the replies are about to hold you to account.

Maybe have a few bottles of water before you have another whiskey. Yikes.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Surprising stat of the game. Kevon 1-11 from the field. Shooting 50% for the season until today.

Ouch. Just ouch.
nacluth
Thanks for your first post. However, I don't think you can the coach that took you to the tournament last year and has had some of the biggest recruiting classes ever before the season's over. It's a crappy set of games, but I don't think anyone's thinking about canning Keller.
sfa17
crgideon said:

I'm frustrated too, but let's see where the squad is at in march. I felt the same way last year after Lamar destroyed us at home and away and SELU embarrassed us early on in the season. I thought the season was over and gave up all hope. But we got to the tourney and almost beat Tech.Most people would agree that it was a successful season . Hindsight is 20/20. I think 18-0 and 17-1 seasons are gone now and this is the new norm.

Also welcome to the board. Glad to have you here.
Pilotgirl
crgideon said:

BAHAHAHA. can I whip out my foul language here, too?? PLEEEZZE!?
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

We're probably the best 2nd half team in the Southland.

But we're also the worst 1st half team in the Southland.

What did our free throw stats come out too? Feel like those were improved.

This really sucks.

Never in my life have I watched so many baskets bounce out when the law of averages says they'd fall in.

I think we'll get it figured out. We're as close to healthy as we'll get this season. We're talented. We've got a few guys who want it, but it's going to take the whole team digging deep. It's gonna take guts!

As I sip (chug) my Jack n Coke, I realize that this is the 1st time everyone has been healthy except for the Father, the Son, The Holyfield. Sammi was completely lost. But as the PGs are now IN IN ....I think things will start jiving. But Keller has got to figure out a rotation. Was it me or were the rotations/subs even odder than normal?

Unpopular opinion: I think not having Karl hurt. Yes, he is a foul magnet BUT he gets fired up a lot and that causes a domino effect for other players. He also draws several fouls. So hoping he is ready for Wed in NOLA .

I agree. That's exactly what I was saying about the rotation 5 minutes in. I give a little leeway because he was trying to work Aaron and Sami back in. But you're right, I can't figure out the big picture rotation either.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

No. You've used up your 1 already for the year.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

Don't go look at the Prediction Thread then....whoops plus, it's only Jan & we still have to play Sam and ACU!
RedRiverLa
crgideon said:

we all remember our first beer
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

Don't go look at the Prediction Thread then....whoops plus, it's only Jan & we still have to play Sam and ACU!

New way to monetize the Sawmill, in thread purchases for curse word quota. $1 per word.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

New way to monetize the Sawmill, in thread purchases for curse word quota. $1 per word.

Worth it. But, i pay my $10/month so....maybe scholarship fund then!
nacluth
Just other random information:

Brad Underwood ($3M/yr) is 0-5 to start conference play after finishing in last place in the Big 10 last year.

Kaspar is 3-1 with clearly his best Texas St. team in six years.
RedRiverLa
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

I guess we're going to have to attach a breathalyzer app to access this thread now.
Lumberjack Battalion
Ljacks&Longnecks
Well I Knew that sooner or later we would see some troll who never posts ( I'm still waiting on a couple of names that haven't posted in months) come along and bash Keller and tell us how bad he is etc etc. According to his profile this guy has posted 1 time two years ago....Really???....kinda seems if you were interested in SFA sports and on this board you might want to throw out a tidbit now and then...but why do that when you can come along and kick a guy when things are in a downward mode. Keller doesn't shoot free throws and miss 2 foot shots...that's a team effort....Keller didn't injure TJ, Aaron, John and Sammie.

Now I am just as unhappy, disappointed and was pretty pissed about this game as anyone else on this board today. I am hoping that these guys will wake up and start playing to their potential. Aaron is just back and now perhaps we can run better offenses with him at the helm. Perhaps someone will step up and become a leader that this team needs. The conference is not strong and still winnable if we can get the ship upright and go forward. This team needs to adopt the desire that Bain shows when he is on the court. Adjustments need to be made with our injured guys coming back and that is where this team can still win the SLC...time will tell

Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

I guess we're going to have to attach a breathalyzer app to access this thread now.

Cboothe was eating his feellings away at Posados, so I thought it fitting to drink mine. Totally cognizant & watching the Cowboys choke rn.
Pilotgirl
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Well I Knew that sooner or later we would see some troll who never posts ( I'm still waiting on a couple of names that haven't posted in months) come along and bash Keller and tell us how bad he is etc etc. According to his profile this guy has posted 1 time two years ago....Really???....kinda seems if you were interested in SFA sports and on this board you might want to throw out a tidbit now and then...but why do that when you can come along and kick a guy when things are in a downward mode. Keller doesn't shoot free throws and miss 2 foot shots...that's a team effort....Keller didn't injure TJ, Aaron, John and Sammie.

Now I am just as unhappy, disappointed and was pretty pissed about this game as anyone else on this board today. I am hoping that these guys will wake up and start playing to their potential. Aaron is just back and now perhaps we can run better offenses with him at the helm. Perhaps someone will step up and become a leader that this team needs. The conference is not strong and still winnable if we can get the ship upright and go forward. This team needs to adopt the desire that Bain shows when he is on the court. Adjustments need to be made with our injured guys coming back and that is where this team can still win the SLC...time will tell

***SLOW CLAP***
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

Just other random information:

Brad Underwood ($3M/yr) is 0-5 to start conference play after finishing in last place in the Big 10 last year.

Kaspar is 3-1 with clearly his best Texas St. team in six years.
I've followed Illinois b-ball a long time, it's where my family is from. The fan base and community jumped off his bandwagon pretty quick last year. Those that point to his record here are usually countered with 'yea, but he won with someone else's players.'
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
I haven't been able to clearly distinguish a
leader year either.
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Alright. Good night to all. 4 hour round trip to witness that effort, I'm out of here. See ya next time. Just looking for progress, not perfection. AxeEm!
Lumberjack Battalion
crgideon
Hey! We are all in the same side! This is ridiculous. This team is much more talented - by virtue of Bogues and Harris alone - than any teamin the entire Southland. Why on earth are we even in close games with these chumps. Saying Keller should be gone might be too far; however, it is frustrating to see this website and thread give a pass to the coaches for each disappointing loss. I could be wrong but it shouldn't be off-limits to criticize the coaching after a series of terrible losses.
No-look
I'm as frustrated as anyone with the level of play lately but we have to stay positive. Negativity breeds negativity. Still think we will be fine just have to get it going in right direction. The wisest man that ever lived once said that life and death is in the power of the tongue. There's not a team in the conference that is better than what we can be. We just need to put it together.
RedRiverLa
crgideon said:

Hey! We are all in the same side! This is ridiculous. This team is much more talented - by virtue of Bogues and Harris alone - than any teamin the entire Southland. Why on earth are we even in close games with these chumps. Saying Keller should be gone might be too far; however, it is frustrating to see this website and thread give a pass to the coaches for each disappointing loss. I could be wrong but it shouldn't be off-limits to criticize the coaching after a series of terrible losses.

It's not. Many posts have stated over the year, including me, that we don't think we are witnessing great coaching this year. Even in some of the wins too. Keller is culpable for this too. But the firing...that's a little far imho.
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
Feel free to criticize the coaches. They don't get off in our group, but it's different to say that it was bad coaching tonight (last sequence was a key example) than to say it's time to fire the coaches.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It's totally inappropriate to bash someone who is making his/her first post. Everyone has an opinion. Everyone's opinion should be welcomed. I personally disagree with his opinion, but he has every right to express it, especially since he is a paying Premium Sawmiller.

We're all extremely frustrated right now. I agree with SFA17 that there's plenty of time to right this ship, just like we did last year. No need to start rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The SLC has never been this equal (equally bad, really), top to bottom. I think the Jacks' cream will eventually rise to the top by conference tournament time.

And as someone said earlier, this game, better than any of the previous ones this year, illustrates just how damaging that losing TJ has been to this team. He would have dominated inside tonight. And he wouldn't have missed a half dozen two-footers and layups... Oh, well.....

crgideon
This conference really SHOULD be a cakewalk though...Nichols State - Seriously?? Northwestern has had some decent teams through the years but REALLY?? Vs SFA???
BigJack85
crgideon said:

Good post. It's alright to criticize Keller. He's making $350,000 in a league where the average coach is making $190,000.... maybe. He owns this. Needs to show corrections.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

Cboothe was eating his feellings away at Posados, so I thought it fitting to drink mine. Totally cognizant & watching the Cowboys choke rn.

Lol, think RedRiver was mocking my suggestion of a curse word monetization scheme.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

crgideon said:

Lol, think RedRiver was mocking my suggestion of a curse word monetization scheme.

Gotcha. And on an entirely DIFFERENT note, JOHN & RAMS ARE 1 WIN AWAY FROM THE SUPERBOWL!!! (thought we needed some brightness here)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.