SFA / Northwestern State

52,116 Views | 308 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by migata33
MasterAxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
RedRiverLa said:

Yea. Sub par team comes in and does that to us. It is what it is.

Are you sure we're not the sub-par team?
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Yea. Sub par team comes in and does that to us. It is what it is. Can't just play one half.

Nope. We have to play like we did the 2nd half all the way thru.
MasterAxe
We deserved to lose. You can't miss countless point blank shots and free throws and expect to win.

Shame on me for expecting a better effort and performance after Nicholls.
MasterAxe
RedRiverLa said:

Yea. Sub par, bottom of the conference, team comes in and does that to us. It is what it is. Can't just play one half.

Your first sentence just described us. Sub-par, bottom of the confernece.
AxeEm99
Just seemed like the guys were playing street ball, and not really concentrating on the game. That was an unorganized mess of a game!

What's up with this team?
jboy93
Current goal...just to make the SLC tourney! Ax em JACKS.
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Fire this team up Pilotgirl! I don't know what you said to the team at halftime, but keep it going!

I has some choice words with them and then gave them all a hug bc I'm a Momma. So, guilted them into it pretty much.

Bahaha, when I saw that message I was thinking PilotGirl would give them the mom pep talk.

We need her to give the free throw speech to them.

Definitely. Speech followed by FT drills for days.

Pepper it with some f-bombs to fire these boys up!

You don't get a speech from me WITHOUT f-bombs.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

RedRiverLa said:

Yea. Sub par team comes in and does that to us. It is what it is.

Are you sure we're not the sub-par team?
We all want the Jacks be the Jacks we're used to seeing, but we are what our record says we are. I think we are an average team right now with a couple of great players who are trying to carry the load. We have our moments, but nothing consistent. The supporting cast needs to come through. Disappointed in how Fitz played when we needed those crucial minutes. So, not sub par, just average right now. Free throws, layups, top teams capitalize and we aren't.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
sfa17
it is okay to PANIC now??
MasterAxe
Our PF blows a layup, fires up a three off the dribble on a 3-1 fastbreak, then fouls to surrender the lead, all in the span of 30 seconds with less than 3:00 to go.

That pretty much epitomizes most of our year.

What a low basketball IQ we have sometimes.

RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Fire this team up Pilotgirl! I don't know what you said to the team at halftime, but keep it going!

I has some choice words with them and then gave them all a hug bc I'm a Momma. So, guilted them into it pretty much.

Bahaha, when I saw that message I was thinking PilotGirl would give them the mom pep talk.

Haha. So I see!
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Haha. So I see!

Don't want to disappoint anyone !!! My personality gotta shine thru. They are gettin a major speech from me now....F-bombs AND ALL THE OTHER ONES.
RedRiverLa
MasterAxe said:

Our PF blows a layup, fires up a three off the dribble on a 3-1 fastbreak, then fouls to surrender the lead, all in the span of 30 seconds with less than 3:00 to go.

That pretty much epitomizes most of our year.

What a low basketball IQ we have sometimes.

Can't argue. And we basically had the last shot so we need to make sure it's the last shot. A forced effort that gave them enough time to put up a shot and get the tip in. Now I have to drive two hours home and I get to hear NSU on all the local sports radio talking about how their program has turned, beating SFA at home.
Lumberjack Battalion
PurpleOut
Staff
100% UNACCEPTABLE. I'm too irate right now to say anything else.
No-look
Hopefully we can start making better decisions on the floor. Athleticism can only carry you so far. Need to dig in and overcome. Which we are capable of doing.
sfa17
This ship needs to make a U turn Asap.
RedRiverLa
No-look said:

Hopefully we can start making better decisions on the floor. Athleticism can only carry you so far. Need to dig in and overcome. Which we are capable of doing.

That's right. Unfortunately it's not a switch, so I hope we can before it's too late.
Lumberjack Battalion
Pilotgirl
SELA Is 0-3. Lost to ACU by 3 pts.

Sam is leading IWU by 2 pts.

Conference is still far from over. Gotta hope that, now that we have our PGs back, we can turn the tide. Hopefully, this will give them a rude awakening (again).
RedRiverLa
Pilotgirl said:

RedRiverLa said:

Yea. Sub par team comes in and does that to us. It is what it is. Can't just play one half.

Nope. We have to play like we did the 2nd half all the way thru.

Exactly
Lumberjack Battalion
nacluth
First three conference games-
2017: 1-2
2018: 2-1
2019: 1-2

4-5 in Keller's tenure. We definitely don't start great. Hopefully we finish better.

Edit: my thumb included the emoji on its own.
RedRiverLa
nacluth said:

First three conference games-
2017: 1-2
2018: 2-1
2019: 1-2

4-5 in Keller's tenure. We definitely don't start great. Hopefully we finish better.

Edit: my thumb included the emoji on its own.

Great info. I just felt better last year because of our non conference results as opposed to this year. Of course, Holyfield is a major blow, we see where we are without him.
Lumberjack Battalion
SFA Jack Fanatic
On the positive side, I thought Nate played like he wanted it. He's the Player of the Game for me, if we can even have one after this mess.

And I thought having Sammy on the floor was a waste. He never even thinks about shooting, so it's 5 defending our 4 when he's in there.

And if I see another over-the-top pass into the lane I'm going to scream bloody murder!
MileHiJack
A new low! Northwestern St - RPI 340; a home game; a 13 point line and we lost...there is NO chemistry on this team. A ton of talent that can beat a great team but working together looked lost most of the time outside of some individual hustle. Outside of TJ's year-ending injury, a full roster of talent tonight minus some conditioning. It's time that everyone on this team...coaches, players and the SFA Nation get this disappointment turned around ASAP. I hope our committed recruits remain patience because as an alumni and fan it is tough to watch!
RedRiverLa
MileHiJack said:

A new low! Northwestern St - RPI 340; a home game; a 13 point line and we lost...there is NO chemistry on this team. A ton of talent that can beat a great team but working together looked lost most of the time outside of some individual hustle. Outside of TJ's year-ending injury, a full roster of talent tonight minus some conditioning. It's time that everyone on this team...coaches, players and the SFA Nation get this disappointment turned around ASAP. I hope our committed recruits remain patience because as an alumni and fan it is tough to watch!

My feeling exactly
Lumberjack Battalion
RedRiverLa
Up by 7 and they reel off 8 straight to take the lead after we squander offensive possessions and look completely lost.
Lumberjack Battalion
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

On the positive side, I thought Nate played like he wanted it. He's the Player of the Game for me, if we can even have one after this mess.

And I thought having Sammy on the floor was a waste. He never even thinks about shooting, so it's 5 defending our 4 when he's in there.

And if I see another over-the-top pass into the lane I'm going to scream bloody murder!

Bain sacrifices the family jewels to try to draw that charge.

Definitely earned player of the game if we gave it out.
TallTexan
We're probably the best 2nd half team in the Southland.

But we're also the worst 1st half team in the Southland.

What did our free throw stats come out too? Feel like those were improved.

This really sucks.

Never in my life have I watched so many baskets bounce out when the law of averages says they'd fall in.

I think we'll get it figured out. We're as close to healthy as we'll get this season. We're talented. We've got a few guys who want it, but it's going to take the whole team digging deep. It's gonna take guts!
nacluth
TallTexan said:

Not really. 16-26, 61%. We lost the game at the line. Kevon missed both at a critical time in the first. Fitz missed two of three that could have put us ahead 4 minutes into the second. Double digit misses is just not acceptable - at least if you expect to win.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

This really sucks.

Never in my life have I watched so many baskets bounce out when the law of averages says they'd fall in.

I think we'll get it figured out. We're as close to healthy as we'll get this season. We're talented. We've got a few guys who want it, but it's going to take the whole team digging deep. It's gonna take guts!

As I sip (chug) my Jack n Coke, I realize that this is the 1st time everyone has been healthy except for the Father, the Son, The Holyfield. Sammi was completely lost. But as the PGs are now IN IN ....I think things will start jiving. But Keller has got to figure out a rotation. Was it me or were the rotations/subs even odder than normal?

Unpopular opinion: I think not having Karl hurt. Yes, he is a foul magnet BUT he gets fired up a lot and that causes a domino effect for other players. He also draws several fouls. So hoping he is ready for Wed in NOLA .
Pilotgirl
Oh! I know what was missing! V and I have been eating /chewing on Twizzlers during ALL the games we have played really good in BC nerves.

1) Forgot Twizzlers. (Didn't have them while watching Nicholls either.)

2) No V bc she thought going to work was a necessity ugh.

So, basically, we take the blame. Twizzlers are ready for Wednesday.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

TallTexan said:

Not really. 16-26, 61%. We lost the game at the line. Kevon missed both at a critical time in the first. Fitz missed two of three that could have put us ahead 4 minutes into the second. Double digit misses is just not acceptable - at least if you expect to win.

Kevon's free throw shooting this year is incomprehensible to me. His shooting seems to have recovered from his early season injury, but his free throws are still so unreliable.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

This really sucks.

As I sip (chug) my Jack n Coke, I realize that this is the 1st time everyone has been healthy except for the Father, the Son, The Holyfield. Sammi was completely lost. But as the PGs are now IN IN ....I think things will start jiving. Byt Keller has got to figure out a rotation. Was it me or were the rotations/subs even odder rhan normal?

Unpopular opinion: I think not having Karl hurt. Yes, he is a foul magnet BUT he gets fired up a lot and that causes a domino effect from other players. He also draws several fouls. So hoping he is ready for Wed in NOLA .

I missed having Karl. And for a lot of his normal fouls, I'm not sure those get called tonight because the refs were letting them tussle in the paint.

The one rotation I really didn't like tonight was leaving Sammy in to end the game. He was obviously gassed for the last few minutes of game time.
TallTexan
If I never see another tip-in buzzer beater in this lifetime, it would be too soon.
HJC69
I disagree with all that think Sammi is lost. He mixed it up with # 20 for NW. He played much better defense than Fitzgerald and Nicholas is not in tune with the team.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

This really sucks.

As I sip (chug) my Jack n Coke, I realize that this is the 1st time everyone has been healthy except for the Father, the Son, The Holyfield. Sammi was completely lost. But as the PGs are now IN IN ....I think things will start jiving. Byt Keller has got to figure out a rotation. Was it me or were the rotations/subs even odder rhan normal?

Unpopular opinion: I think not having Karl hurt. Yes, he is a foul magnet BUT he gets fired up a lot and that causes a domino effect from other players. He also draws several fouls. So hoping he is ready for Wed in NOLA .

I missed having Karl. And for a lot of his normal fouls, I'm not sure those get called tonight because the refs were letting them tussle in the paint.

The one rotation I really didn't like tonight was leaving Sammy in to end the game. He was obviously gassed for the last few minutes of game time.

Agree. And with 7 minutes left in 2nd, Aaron was huffing & puffing. Dude had mono for weeks. He isn't at his 100 yet. I know for about 2 wks he couldn't keep anything down.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.