2018-2019 Ladyjacks

156,514 Views | 695 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
What a nice game for Visscher. Glad we have her (and all the freshmen) for three more. #Ladyjackdynasty
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

That and the couch at courtside has me cracking up.

2 recliners...last yr people were sitting in them...upgraded ticket i think or they won it
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

That and the couch at courtside has me cracking up.

2 recliners...last yr people were sitting in them...upgraded ticket i think or they won it
We had something like that a few years back in the NW corner of the floor. Somehow, somebody won it. I thought then it was pretty sad.
SFAJack_76
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
I don't know if our Ladyjacks(in all sports) are getting enough credit for carrying the load in what looks to be a down year for men's athletics.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

I don't know if our Ladyjacks(in all sports) are getting enough credit for carrying the load in what looks to be a down year for men's athletics.
Agree. Soccer was disappointing, tennis and golf are not good. Volleyball, bowling, basketball, softball, and probably T&F are good to really good.
Pilotgirl
TallTexan said:

THIS X 1000 !!!! It is the Year of the LadyJacks and they deserve all the recognition AND more fans in the seats to see them play (across all sports)!
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

THIS X 1000 !!!! It is the Year of the LadyJacks and they deserve all the recognition AND more fans in the seats to see them play (across all sports)!
Yes and yes. It was disappointing to see ULM with nearly as many fans as us last week for softball at our "ballpark."

SFA has some of the best collegiate female pole vaulters in the country.

Ladyjack basketball is #16 in the country in shooting percentage. #10 in the country in assists per game. #36 in the country in scoring defense per game. #18 in scoring margin in the country.

There are 351 D1 women's teams if you were wondering.

Show up. You won't be disappointed.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

Yes and yes. It was disappointing to see ULM with nearly as many fans as us last week for softball at our "ballpark."

Ladyjack basketball is #16 in the country in shooting percentage. #10 in the country in assists per game. #36 in the country in scoring defense per game. #18 in scoring margin in the country.

MIC DROP
BigJack85
Pilotgirl said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Pilotgirl said:

TallTexan said:

MIC DROP

I second and triple all of the above.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFA Jack Fanatic
Agreed!! Proud of all of our women's programs. Top notch!
SFAJack_76
Behind Baylor, by a lot, but ahead of every other team in Texas.

https://lonestarsportsdaily.com/d1-women-power-poll
nacluth
Ladies have a two point lead 14-12 after one.
SFA Jack Fanatic
As if the night couldn't get any worse. It just did. A horrible shooting night for the Ladyjacks results in their first conference loss.
Pilotgirl
Super bummed by the loss...2 points....but this team is still doing grear & very proud of Hayes' accomplishment.
SFAJack_76
Banfield is out for this game. Hurt her knee last game. Will be evaluated this week. Harvey is still out. Hoping for return for Katy.

Thank goodness for our depth.

UIW's best player is on crutches.
nacluth
Thank goodness Mitchell has come on so strong at point. Hamling should be adequate to be a back up.
nacluth
23-12 after one. Nice start to the afternoon. Apparently Coach said Visscher would be back up point. Guess that shows the respect he has for her.
SFAJack_76
Visscher can do anything.
nacluth
Agreed. 5 offensive rebounds in this game too. 38-22 at half.
SFAJack_76
We have not handled the zone defense well at all.
nacluth
Very ugly second half. Just jacking up threes because we're not getting leverage inside. I don't mind the threes really because UIW isn't scoring either, but if we're settling for threes I'm not happy with shooting early in the clock.

Anyway great win by the Ladyjacks! Domination 65-48.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Really hope that we will see Banfield and Harvey back by Katy time....tourney has been our kryptonite for awhile now and we need all hands on deck to get over the top and into NCAAs.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Banfield is out for this game. Hurt her knee last game. Will be evaluated this week. Harvey is still out. Hoping for return for Katy.

What is the prognosis on both of these ladies, particularly Banfield?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I heard Saturday, that Banfield would have her knee evaluated sometime this week. The way she was limping, I would not expect her back soon. Good news, I suppose, is that she was not on crutches.

Harvey was in a boot Saturday.

I doubt we see either before Katy. Hope I am wrong.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

I heard Saturday, that Banfield would have her knee evaluated sometime this week. The way she was limping, I would not expect her back soon. Good news, I suppose, is that she was not on crutches.

Harvey was in a boot Saturday.

I doubt we see either before Katy. Hope I am wrong.

Thank goodness we have Brianna Mitchell. IMO, she is more of a true point guard than Marissa.
SFAJack_76
I see Banfield as more of a combo also, but she is fine at point. The problem is depth. Visscher was okay at point, but that takes her away from what she does best. Hamling played a little point, but she is really a SG.
SFAJack_76
Lamar checks in at 21. SFA drops to 24.
nacluth
SFA and Lamar both had pretty good nonconference schedules and results. Honestly, if the Ladyjacks would have been able to finish the comeback against Tech, they would be a decent at large bid candidate if they lost to Lamar in the championship. It would have been nice to take down a ranked team like Lamar did.
SFAJack_76
Turns out that Tech isn't very good. Current RPI of 148. Wins over Yale and Lamar were better.
nacluth
True. I thought they were higher when we played them, but not really.
SFAJack_76
The Johnson sisters.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks sporting their all-pink unis tonight vs. UCA.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.