2018-2019 Ladyjacks

156,467 Views | 695 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ACUCattitude said:

I was at the game last night and all I can say is, "great game, Lady Jacks". ACU hit a couple 3s in the 4th but they were answered on the very next possession. That's just clutch. Then we had no answer for Imani.

ACU was obviously well prepared for the 1/2 court trap. They didn't turn the ball over too much but it took so long to get up court and into the offense that many, many shots were taken with less than 10 on the shot clock. Really, really excellent defense.

Your ladies are just better. We have a lot of work to do between now and the tourney. Congrats.

Nice comments, Cattitude. You're a class act, and your comments are always welcomed here.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Lamar is the Elephant in the Room, coming up at home on February 9. Both teams will probably be undefeated at that time. Lamar has a lot of returners from last year.
Yep. Two team race. I hope fans turn out in force for this one. Lamar was simply too athletic for us last year. We have closed the gap. Is it enough?
nacluth
I wonder what our return date for Riley is, but I'm glad Aiyana has taken over more of her role.
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

I wonder what our return date for Riley is, but I'm glad Aiyana has taken over more of her role.
About a week ago, I was hearing perhaps two weeks. It would be great to have her back for Lamar, but I would prefer she get the stress fracture fully healed for the end of the season and the tournament.

Aiyana has really come on. Imani is playing better. Perhaps she doesn't want to get out played by little sister.
Pilotgirl
Ummm. Can we please put some respect on LadyJack basketball??!! They aren't the only ones playing BB rn, so let's cheer them on as well!

nacluth
Ladies are killing it. I love where this team is headed. Honestly, they have a squad with lasting power for this year and several to come.
SFAJack_76
Up one spot from last week.

nacluth
Good crowd and it's already loud in here for the fast start. 14-11 Ladyjacks at the first media.
nacluth
1Q against Sam 25-13.
BigJack85
60% Purple???
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
BigJack85 said:

60% Purple???
That sounds about right. Ivey's here to see the Ladyjacks domination.
nacluth
Halftime 39-27. Scrappy D and refs letting them play, but Sam is no closer to catching up.
Pilotgirl
Just arrived. Goodness but I hate this Coliseum....
nacluth
Getting chippy after a Sam player hooked Alyssa Mayfield and threw her to the ground.
nacluth
60-46 after three. A tight quarter but still over double digits.
Pilotgirl
nacluth said:

Getting chippy after a Sam player hooked Alyssa Mayfield and threw her to the ground.

That was ridiculous
Ljacks&Longnecks
While a lot of fouls have been called, they are letting Sam get away with all kinds of rough stuff.
nacluth
78-68. A hard fought win, but never a close game after the first four minutes. 8-0! Great win Ladyjacks!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl
Our Ladies look to defend at home tonight!
nacluth
Ladyjacks will complete the first half of SLC play undefeated.
nacluth
1Q leading 20-19 against a tough HBU team. Should start to wear them down inside.
ACUCattitude
Got an up close and personal look at Lamar tonight. Similar to ACU v SFA, ACU couldn't hold on down the stretch. No doubt it is a two-team race although both teams look to get the double bye.

I'm predicting that the Lady Jacks will prevail. Lamar is not the same team on the road and they have benefited up to now with 7 of 10 conference games at home. Barr and Kinard are great players but I think you have too much firepower. We allowed 9 points in the first and 7 points in the 3rd and your defense is better than ours. Just get the ball across mid court and let the big dogs eat.

Good luck..
nacluth
Thanks. It's definitely a big test for our women. We'll get to see if we're balanced enough to slow them and score. I expect it to be a tight game.
nacluth
BigJack85
Get Em Ladyjacks!

Axe 'Em Jacks!
SFAJack_76
Out of the country for a few days and was looking forward to some comments about the HBU game, and nothing beyond a first quarter score.

Wish more people cared about them.
BigJack85
Agreed. My bad. I'm busy *****ing about MBB.
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

Agreed. My bad. I'm busy *****ing about MBB.

I agree too 76...BigJack your funny..
Jon
This one is a great battle so far. Will come down to whoever can turn the ball over least it seems. Great crowd in here for a WBB game.
TallTexan
Pretty Fiesty crowd too.
TallTexan
The Lamar fans dressed as refs is pretty funny.
nacluth
Really hard fought and pretty well played first quarter. Fulfilling its promise. 19-17 Lamar.
TallTexan
Our spirit band doesn't get enough credit. Huge difference in the atmosphere with them here.
nacluth
Really great energy right now. Refs actually letting things play well. Lamar in foul trouble already. Nice to see Harvey back on the court even if she doesn't quite have full power yet.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.