2018-2019 Ladyjacks

156,490 Views | 695 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAJack_76 said:

Hope there will be a few folks there. Love these late games the day of graduation.

I am going to the ULM game only because I have some business in Shreveport that morning. Otherwise, I would be supporting the Ladies! But since I am already gonna be in La....
Pilotgirl
Except 76, who will be at Ladies game?
nacluth
I'll be there. (Shout out to Ljacks for tix)
Pilotgirl
Cheer loud for me!
nacluth
Solid start putting Texas Southern in a hole early.
SFAJack_76
Slow shooting start. Great defense. 13-6 at first media.
nacluth
Good 25 point quarter to lead by 10. Executing pretty well.
nacluth
43-31 at the half. Ok second but nothing too special. Texas Southern is not impressive and we should cruise through the second half, but we need to stay focused.
SFAJack_76
Gave up way too many offensive rebounds that quarter. TSU has one shooter that we need to guard better.
SFAJack_76
Fisker is back in uniform. Freshman Aiyana Johnson is not in uniform.
nacluth
Just going to say it. Imani Johnson is a wall. She is the best post defender in a SFA uniform. Men or women.

She knows how to post up stay planted with her hands up and take the contact.
nacluth
Up 19 at 3rd media.
nacluth
I don't know what's getting said in our halftimes, but our third quarters have been defensive clinics.

Expand a 12 point lead to 29 allowing just 5 points.
SFAJack_76
Imani is much better this year than last. She still does some head scratching things though.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Excellent 3rd Q. Ladies should coast the rest of the way...
SFAJack_76
Also, Visscher is outstanding. Both ends of the floor.
nacluth
SFAJack_76 said:

Absolutely. She's been a defensive strength since day 1 but she's grown into an effective shooter.

Ed, we're testing your hypothesis by having some super sloppy passing.
SFA Jack Fanatic
nacluth said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Absolutely. She's been a defensive strength since day 1 but she's grown into an effective shooter.

Ed, we're testing your hypothesis by having some super sloppy passing.
I'm not too good at predicting Jacks games, but I predict the ladies will hit the finish line tape before the Lady Tigers round the final turn.
SFAJack_76
Ball handling this quarter has been really poor.
nacluth
Yep.
nacluth
The midweek matchups at the New Mexico invitational are going to be interesting. Ladyjacks have one every game this season against non-P5 competition. We'll see if we can hold that streak into conference play. This team is good. It would be a real coup to start conference with just losses to Miami and Tech.
SFAJack_76
Fourth quarter was ugly. TSU stepped up the defense with full court pressure, and we did not handle it well at all. Kellogg mentioned in his comments that we had not really seen that all season. Also, we got very little from the bench. Mitchell and Aaliya Johnson were okay. The rest were not.

The New Mexico tournament will be interesting. Hampton should be a win. Probably then we will get 8-1 New Mexico, at altitude, in their gym. The Lobos have some quality wins, with the only loss being by three to Auburn. They have an RPI of 21. SFA is currently at 69. (Miami is 16. Texas Tech is 179.)
SFA Jack Fanatic
Watching the Ladyjacks and Hampton warming up in Albuquerque, and the stands appear to be completely devoid of human life. About 20 people total.
SFAJack_76
I see that Riley Harvey has not played. She was a projected starter in the game notes. Anybody hear anything?

Up 47-32 at the half without her, but will need her against a very good New Mexico team.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

I see that Riley Harvey has not played. She was a projected starter in the game notes. Anybody hear anything?

Up 47-32 at the half without her, but will need her against a very good New Mexico team.

The radio guy said she should be back from an injury in a few days. Will probably miss the New Mexico game.
SFAJack_76
Imani should be well rested for the next game. Out with three fouls in five minutes of play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
The Facebook Live camera appears to be onboard the International Space Station. Players almost unrecognizable. No sound. No score. Useless to watch. Thankfully, Live Stats is working.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

The Facebook Live camera appears to be onboard the International Space Station. Players almost unrecognizable. No sound. No score. Useless to watch. Thankfully, Live Stats is working.
I tried watching it. Useless.

Lousy third quarter by the Ladyjacks.
SFAJack_76
Two point lead with five minutes to go. May not need to worry about playing NM. Ugh.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks trying to give this one away. Have blown most of a 15 point lead. Up by one with 3:52 to play.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Weird that Live Stats are about one minute ahead of the "live" Facebook feed.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

Weird that Live Stats are about one minute ahead of the "live" Facebook feed.
I have seen that before.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Ladyjacks survive 70-68.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

Ladyjacks survive 70-68.
All wins are good, but that second half against a mediocre team was bad. Imani Johnson played poorly in the second half of the TSU game, and provided all of two points and two rebounds before fouling out in ten minutes today. Harvey makes Imani a better player. Team shot 50% on free throws. Must play much better against, probably, NM.

nacluth
Guess the game is now at 9. It was posted earlier at 7.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.