2018 Season

112,652 Views | 378 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
SFAJack_76 said:

Perhaps my sarcasm meter is off, and I think there is zero chance it would happen, but if Briles ever set foot on campus in any official capacity I would never give another penny to the cause.
Agreed. I'll never support anything Art Briles related.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Perhaps my sarcasm meter is off, and I think there is zero chance it would happen, but if Briles ever set foot on campus in any official capacity I would never give another penny to the cause.
Sorry, that was supposed to say Miles & Brown, not Briles & Brown.

If Briles ever ended up on campus I'd light the football field on fire. That scumbag should be rotting in a cell for what he did.
beaubrad46
I agree.
SFAJack_76
Byrd announced as the interim.

https://sfajacks.com/news/2018/6/19/jeff-byrd-named-sfa-interim-head-football-coach.aspx
SFAXE93
IMO the best choice with the most experience.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

IMO the best choice with the most experience.
Most experience sure, but that kills the great storylines about Coach Moses leading the Jacks towards the promised land.
SFAXE93
What about "SFA gives football fans the Byrd?"

They have already removed Conque from the roster.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

"SFA gives football fans the Byrd?"

We'll have to see how the first few games turn out first before using this headline lol.
SFAXE93
Moses could still maybe get the OC job.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Oh, no. 93 is a comedian now...
SFASawmillGuy
SFAXE93 said:

Moses could still maybe get the OC job.

Jeremy would definitely put us back in an air raid spread scheme.
But no. Jeremy is definitely not head coach material. Nowhere near enough maturity. Offensive coordinator is a possibility.
TallTexan
edstile said:

SFAXE93 said:

It's contagious. Get on the comedy bandwagon Ed.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

edstile said:

SFAXE93 said:

It's contagious. Get on the comedy bandwagon Ed.
After recent events, we need some laughter.
beaubrad46
Can we laugh at the rumor that Homer Bryce has rolled over in his grave and that his statue is crying real tears.
Jacks4460
I think it's funny... I had the privilege to meet Mr Bryce and get to know him a little.
SFAJack_76
Byrd had a press conference today. They played a couple of sound bites from it on KTRE news.

Anyone have any detail from it?
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Byrd had a press conference today. They played a couple of sound bites from it on KTRE news.

Anyone have any detail from it?
76 I searched the net and nothing...Same take on almost all channels that covered the press conference... Wonder why the Ath Dept. just didnt put it on FB live like they do every other presser..
BigJack85
4460 I went to KTRE website and clicked on sports..... it was right there Listened to all 30 seconds of it LOL
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

4460 I went to KTRE website and clicked on sports..... it was right there Listened to all 30 seconds of it LOL
85 at least they had a little presser..Especially since they first announced nothing else would be said about the suspension until an investigation was over. Then they gave Coach Byrd press time... He is right tho your position coach is the one that the players have the true 1-1 relationship with. I truly feel we have some really good position coaches (Barbay,Howe,Hammock) not sure about the other ones just yet... That is the reason Herman holds his position coaches responsible for everything with their player.. You spend alot of time around your position coach.
SFAXE93
Jacks4460
Our graphics dept have stepped up big time... This is rivaling the stuff UT puts out... Unbelievable job by our Media Dept and graphic designers... Kids love this stuff..
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

What KTRE has posted is clearly not all of the press conference. There is one short piece and then the replay of the newscast which has a little more.

I guess The Sawmill did not have anyone there. Suppose I had gotten spoiled.
drhuggybear
I am just catching up but I have to say hell no to Briles. I will not donate a dime if Bryles is sought after. Daughters first semester starts in a few weeks and I would consider pulling her for that hire. He just brings a filthy feel with him.

I don't know anything about the interim but you almost have to give him the whole season. The coaches that are available now are not ones you want - except for maybe a Miles or Brown. I'm not sure I want Mac either ... as someone steeped in A&M it would be hard to pull for him and his voice just bugs me I'm sure I could get over it though.

Let the interim run the season and run the search throughout the year. Give us the best chance to land a good coach for the next several years.

On a side note. the new AD has to be loving this
TallTexan
Ya Briles was a slip up on my side, was meaning to type Brown and Miles, typed Brown and Briles.

I'd vote to shut the football program down tomorrow if we hired Briles or if he even submitted an application. Dude is a complete & total scumbag.

And for our Aggie friends, if we landed a former coach of Mack's stature, the benefit to fundraising would be magnificent. We might not build a football powerhouse, but fundraising would be off the charts.
beaubrad46
Mack is not looking for a D1 subdivison job. Mack has turned down D1major jobs.Sam has had there success by going after D2 under the radar coaches. D1 experience is overrated. We are not going to get a former big name P5 coach unless it's Chyzik and I think that is unlikely. Chyzik is damaged goods.Once a dirty coach always a dirty coach. That would probably be our best bet considering the fact that there are a number of D2 teams the last several years that could beat us but let's give Byrd a chance.
BigJack85
beaubrad46 said:

Mack is not looking for a D1 subdivison job. Mack has turned down D1major jobs.Sam has had there success by going after D2 under the radar coaches. D1 experience is overrated. We are not going to get a former big name P5 coach unless it's Chyzik and I think that is unlikely. Chyzik is damaged goods.Once a dirty coach always a dirty coach. That would probably be our best bet considering the fact that there are a number of D2 teams the last several years that could beat us but let's give Byrd a chance.

Beau,,,, your dead on. My new man crush.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAXE93
Coach Byrd stepping right into his duties as head coach with SFA22 Orientation.

SFAXE93
SFA QBs

RedRiverLa
Talk of pulling kids out of school or shutting down the program all over an SFA football coach hire? We may not get an FBS coach, but the Sawmill Fourms definately feel like an FBS fan forum now! As a season ticket holder, I'd just settle for a coach that could fill up even half of the seats on game day.
Lumberjack Battalion
Lumberjacks make great US Army Special Ops Officers - AxeEm!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Watched Coach Byrd's presser. He is definitely a coach's coach. He does not appear to be someone who's comfortable with talking to the press or to be in front of a microphone. Actually, I like that -- a lot. He's real. He's a football coach, not a publicist or marketing director. In my opinion, that's exactly what the players need at this point in time, someone who cares about them and not the politics swirling around this situation.
Jacks4460
edstile said:

Watched Coach Byrd's presser. He is definitely a coach's coach. He does not appear to be someone who's comfortable with talking to the press or to be in front of a microphone. Actually, I like that -- a lot. He's real. He's a football coach, not a publicist or marketing director. In my opinion, that's exactly what the players need at this point in time, someone who cares about them and not the politics swirling around this situation.
Ed... being a former Jack player and son of a Texas High School Coach of 30 years you are spot on my friend.. I didnt see much of his presser because I can only find 30-45 seconds of it but he did seem real uncomfortable around the microphone. I am sure the players will put 100% out there for him and the other coaches..."A Football Coach" that is what our young men need this year...
Ljacks&Longnecks
What we need most now is for the kids to concentrate on football and for the university and fans to get behind Coach Byrd and his crew. I trust that this coaching staff will have this team ready to roll come September and worry about the future of the head coach position later. A successful season would quickly let us move forward and perhaps reward Coach Byrd with the HC job if indeed he wants it.
beaubrad46
Coach em up Coach Byrd!
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

edstile said:

I didn't see much of his presser because I can only find 30-45 seconds of it but he did seem real uncomfortable around the microphone.
Here's the full presser, 4460....

Jacks4460
" you wrap your arms around these kids and make sure you say what you are ...." With this attitude these kids will play hard for us.. I have confidence in Coach Byrd and our Staff.. I see on twitter they have them over to their homes to eat and fellowship this will build team unity and they will want to fight for each other... thanks Ed for the link...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.