2022 Season

51,076 Views | 348 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks4460
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

Trae wearing number 10 right now. I wonder if he's changing numbers or they're voting on single digits again and waiting until he finds out what he's gonna wear.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
Call me crazy, but I'm already getting (a little) excited about this Fall! Great things in store. Will this be the year we reach the summit??
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Call me crazy, but I'm already getting (a little) excited about this Fall! Great things in store. Will this be the year we reach the summit??

Watched that Caleb Barnes interview with Carthel. Wow. Just Wow. I'm PSYCHED
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
Tre had a great day of practice.. Fresh RB Wimbley is going to be a freak.. Turner back at full speed.. RB room is loaded the transfer from Arky is just a big play waiting to happen.. OL steady coming along.. Keys looks like an NFL lineman.. We should have 3-4 All Confrence OL this year.. WR core is deep.. Miller caught everything thrown to him and seemed to be the best WR out there besides #2.. Friday the pads come on.. Coach Joe has the defense flying around the whole practice.. Matter of fact when Coach Scott would need some advice on how to scheme other offenses and such his phone call was to Coach Joe.. So that should tell you about Coach Joe's defensive mind and the respect other coordinators have for him.. Players have adapted to him and the other new defensive coaches just fine.. We are gunna win this year Lumberjack fans.. Get ready there will not be an early exit this year from the playoffs..
SFASawmillGuy
Overreaction from the first practices of the spring.

This has the potential to be a special season. Of course, factors like injuries and other things outside of anyones control are always possible. But if things go well, we could be seeing the best Lumberjack Football team ever.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFASawmillGuy said:

Overreaction from the first practices of the spring.

This has the potential to be a special season. Of course, factors like injuries and other things outside of anyones control are always possible. But if things go well, we could be seeing the best Lumberjack Football team ever.

I'll see your overreaction and raise you one.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

I think I liked that clip on the Twitter Ap, at least 8 times.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan

Big news!
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Big news!

Exceptional news.
SFASawmillGuy
TallTexan said:

Big news!

This is going to be great for recruiting as well. Now you can tell freshmen who come in in 2023 they have at least 4 years with Carthel no matter what! That's massive.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

TallTexan said:

Big news!

This is going to be great for recruiting as well. Now you can tell freshmen who come in in 2023 they have at least 4 years with Carthel no matter what! That's massive.

Unless Texas or SMU etc come and offer, $3 million/year. Surely, Ivey has some sort of buyout that sends some $$$'s to the athletics department. I've heard of that type of buyout element being in many contracts.
SFASawmillGuy
I'm sure if we win a natty(or 4) there's no way he doesn't get a call up to the FBS, but FCS coaches sometimes don't translate well to the FBS and programs know that. Recruiting is vastly different and with Carthel's offensive and defensive style he would need to go to a school that is willing to give him time to build his roster to facilitate it.

With us he's built a strong offensive line and fast swarming defense, but it took time to build that.
BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy said:

I'm sure if we win a natty(or 4) there's no way he doesn't get a call up to the FBS, but FCS coaches sometimes don't translate well to the FBS and programs know that. Recruiting is vastly different and with Carthel's offensive and defensive style he would need to go to a school that is willing to give him time to build his roster to facilitate it.

With us he's built a strong offensive line and fast swarming defense, but it took time to build that.

Hopefully,,, the deep playoff run positions us well for FBS.
SFASawmillGuy
BigJack85 said:

SFASawmillGuy said:

Hopefully,,, the deep playoff run positions us well for FBS.

Honestly it's more than likely coming sooner than anyone thinks whether we like it or not, so I hope we can take advantage of the time we have and get that playoff run sooner rather than later.
SFAXE93
I agree, this needs to be the year to go all the way!
nacluth
I will take any improvement. Beat Sam, win a playoff game, win a regular season title.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

I agree, this needs to be the year to go all the way!
we going this year... hold on to your seat...
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
New DT Coach Ike Eguae

Jacks4460
Lost our WR coach today... Coach Myles White went to Miami Ohio... We have had 7 coaches swept up by bigger schools this year alone.. Power,JMac,Nate,Walker,Carelock,White,and little Faske... That should show people like what Carthel and crew are doing... Jacob Farrel and Drew Beymer have hung their cleats up... Trey really looks in control of the offense and we will score 38pts per game this year... No one else has jumped in the portal besides the two that already did and went to La Tech... Key date is May1.. If a kid is going to jump in the portal and want to play this year he has to jump in there by May 1.. We got a CB from the University of Nebraska from the portal and he will be here in June.. Seems like the ex coaches are recruiting some of our players to jump in but they havent..Jerrell Wimbley will be the best RB that has ever stepped on campus once he is done... I know thats pretty bold prediction but I havent seen anyone of his caliber at such a young age ever on our campus... He is out of this 2022 class and an early enrollee.. how the big schools missed him I have no clue.. other than he is in the toughest 6A district in the state..WR core is so deep even with Q Borders gone... Get ready Lumberjack fans we going to WIN this year... AxeEm
SFAXE93
Must be...

CB: MALIK WILLIAMS 6-0; 190 Atlanta, Georgia (Buford/Nebraska) *** #104 CB; #111 State
Offers from Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, FIU, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Syracuse, UCF

SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Lost our WR coach today... Coach Myles White went to Miami Ohio... We have had 7 coaches swept up by bigger schools this year alone.. Power,JMac,Nate,Walker,Carelock,White,and little Faske... That should show people like what Carthel and crew are doing... Jacob Farrel and Drew Beymer have hung their cleats up... Trey really looks in control of the offense and we will score 38pts per game this year... No one else has jumped in the portal besides the two that already did and went to La Tech... Key date is May1.. If a kid is going to jump in the portal and want to play this year he has to jump in there by May 1.. We got a CB from the University of Nebraska from the portal and he will be here in June.. Seems like the ex coaches are recruiting some of our players to jump in but they havent..Jerrell Wimbley will be the best RB that has ever stepped on campus once he is done... I know thats pretty bold prediction but I havent seen anyone of his caliber at such a young age ever on our campus... He is out of this 2022 class and an early enrollee.. how the big schools missed him I have no clue.. other than he is in the toughest 6A district in the state..WR core is so deep even with Q Borders gone... Get ready Lumberjack fans we going to WIN this year... AxeEm

Wow! Your comment about Wimbley has stoked the pigskin fires for me. I thought RB was a weak spot last season, primarily due to injuries. Keep this guy healthy and the sky's the limit.

BTW, is the Tennessee transfer QB on campus and practicing? If so, how does he look?
Jacks4460
Fanatic he is enrolled and on campus running with the 2's.. Competition is always good as you know and with him there Trey has stepped his game up even more.. I will be clear Trey is our leader and knows the offense almost as well as the coaches and he will lead us.. Mauer is very very very talented and can sling the ball better than anyone I have seen on campus.. He can make all the throws and is a really good runner.. He has taken a real liking to Our staff and what they are trying to accomplish which as we know is a NC.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

Must be...

CB: MALIK WILLIAMS 6-0; 190 Atlanta, Georgia (Buford/Nebraska) *** #104 CB; #111 State
Offers from Nebraska, Arizona, Arizona State, Colorado, FIU, Florida, Florida State, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, Louisville, Maryland, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, South Carolina, Syracuse, UCF

Yep that's him
SFAXE93
It's good seeing our new QB Brian Maurer embracing his new school and taking a leadership role.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

It's good seeing our new QB Brian Maurer embracing his new school and taking a leadership role.

Very positive. We'll need him in those transition years to FBS.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

SFAXE93 said:

This shows him to be a junior. Isn't he a sophomore in eligibility?
SFAXE93
He only played in 12 games at Tennessee, 8 as a true freshman and 4 as a sophomore when he redshirted and I guess he didn't play in 2021.

There were some injuries in there, so he should have 3 years left to play.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

BigJack85 said:

SFAXE93 said:

This shows him to be a junior. Isn't he a sophomore in eligibility?

As said above yes. Academically he's a junior but athletically he will be on his second sophomore year.
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.