2021 SEASON

62,669 Views | 377 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

Nice schedule for the Jacks, quality teams, should put SFA nicely in the rankings with the a** kicking that's coming for the following...

SAT. SEPT. 4 TARLETON STATE NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. SEPT. 11 TEXAS TECH LUBBOCK, TEXAS
SAT. SEPT. 18 MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. OCT. 2 SAM HOUSTON STATE HOUSTON, TEXAS
SAT. OCT. 9; 4:00 P.M. JACKSONVILLE STATE JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA
SAT. OCT. 23 DIXIE STATE ST. GEORGE, UTAH
SAT. OCT. 30 ABILENE CHRISTIAN NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. NOV. 6 EASTERN KENTUCKY NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. NOV. 13; 4:00 P.M. CENTRAL ARKANSAS CONWAY, ARKANSAS
SAT. NOV. 20 LAMAR UNIVERSITY BEAUMONT, TEXAS

I say that based on what I saw in Memphis 2020, until the 4th quarter.

This team as the IT factor.

Hopefully we get that one more OOC game scheduled to bring it to 11 games. Room for one more home game before the BOTPW.
RichieVan
Small correction. Jacksonville State is in Alabama.
SFAXE93
Oops, thanks
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacksonville State won the OVC spring championship today by defeating Murray State 28-14. They qualified for the FCS playoffs. They will be tough when we play them in the Fall.
SFASawmillGuy
JSU is traditionally a very strong FCS team. They'll probably have a good chance to be the favorites to win the conference next year.
SFAXE93
Cool picture with the woods in the background.

PurpleOut
Staff
I really wish we had the ability to have that setting closer to the stadium/field. At least larger pine trees that were more noticeable from the stands.

Like App State, one of my favorite college football settings.

TallTexan
100% agree.

If we ever built from scratch, I'd put it where the practice field is now.

That app state look is too cool.
SFAXE93
Jacks4460
At practice today.. the transfers on Offense look really really good.. RB,TE,and WR.. The WR made a highlight catch on last play of practice in the endzone. Have some new coaches lost coach Hank to the 49ers and the assistant OL coach went to a larger school. Defense is really really good.. They are all 3 deep at positions.. Secondary especially CB is stacked. LaRon Cox not playing this year.. Decided to transition into regular life and hang up the cleats.. Trenton Gordon back and so is Bert Morris.. Both opted out of last season for Covid reasons. They were both running with the 1's on defense. OL looked so so much better.. Trey was throwing the ball well especially with it raining.. Lots of energy with this group.. Any questions just ask..
TallTexan
Didn't realize Hank left. Who replaced him?
Jacks4460
Not 100% on name but I think his last name is Frazier.. Just came on board and I know they are super duper excited to get him.. Was at LA Tech and one other place.. Very hands on coach and will get after it.. I know we are lucky to have somone of his skill level.. Our assistant OL coach was the OL coach at South Alabama last year..
SFAJack_76
Myles White is the new WR coach.
Mike Bangston is the new assistant OL coach.

Pleased we have assistants that are good enough to be hired away. Remember that only one member of our previous staff ended up at a D1 school. Several went Juco or high school.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

Myles White is the new WR coach.
Mike Bangston is the new assistant OL coach.

Pleased we have assistants that are good enough to be hired away. Remember that only one member of our previous staff ended up at a D1 school. Several went Juco or high school.
yep it is White... I was way off.. I know coach is excited to have him coaching the WR's
BigJack85
I know we have a few months to lock in a contract but.... I'd like to see have an additional home game. D2 squad?
SFASawmillGuy
I'd take like to take a "WAC" at a SWAC school....I'll see myself out.
SFAJack_76
BigJack85 said:

I know we have a few months to lock in a contract but.... I'd like to see have an additional home game. D2 squad?
Ivey thought he had one scheduled with a couple of teams that backed out. He is determined to get one more home game, even if it is an underwhelming opponent.
SFASawmillGuy
I wouldn't be mad if it was NWST. That's pretty underwhelming.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

I'd take like to take a "WAC" at a SWAC school....I'll see myself out.

I've been wanting to play Grambling for a few years. Didn't see an opening.

But them, TSU, etc would be cool.
SFAXE93
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Ivey thought he had one scheduled with a couple of teams that backed out. He is determined to get one more home game, even if it is an underwhelming opponent.
Remember that year under Coach Harper when we had a home game against NAIA school Texas College?

The score was 92-0
TallTexan
Very well. Towards the end we were hoping the team would just run out the clock.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

we got a game and I will let SFA announce it.. signed yesterday with a small school from out west... They will be coming to Nacogdoches..
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

we got a game and I will let SFA announce it.. signed yesterday with a small school from out west... They will be coming to Nacogdoches..

Stanford only has 7k undergrads.
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Western New Mexico? Eastern New Mexico?
Jacks4460
Farther than that its a Cali team...
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

BigJack85 said:

Stanford only has 7k undergrads.

They are too smart to come all this way to get embarrassed.
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

That, then would be the same one I was hearing. Suspecting no one guesses correctly.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

That, then would be the same one I was hearing. Suspecting no one guesses correctly.

I don't know how I'd feel if we were asked to "Axe the Whittier Poets".
BigJack85
San Diego Toreros?
SFAXE93
Finally more than 4!

I don't care if we play Nashville Auto Diesel College.

This will be the first time since the 2017 season we have had 5 home games.

SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

Ha! Just curious, 93. How did you pull that specific one out of the thin air??
SFAJack_76

Tweet posted for a few minutes, then deleted.

" 5 homes games right here in Nac highlight the @SFA_football inagurual WAC season!

Purchase your season tickets today!"
Here it is.
RichieVan
TallTexan
A first year football program? Man this is gonna be worse than Georgia Tech vs Cumberland.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAXE93 said:

Ha! Just curious, 93. How did you pull that specific one out of the thin air??
They offered

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.