2021 SEASON

61,164 Views | 377 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Pretty sure he is from Charlotte area and that is where he played HS ball.. Big arm.. with 4yrs left..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Rather strange road to SFA. Sounds like a long shot to me. Has Carthel discovered a hidden gem, perhaps? We can always dream.
SFAXE93
Charlotte - Hutch - Southern Shreveport - SFA

The staff saw something they liked or maybe Head Coach Danny Palmer or someone on the Jags coaching staff contacted Carthel.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

Charlotte - Hutch - Southern Shreveport - SFA

The staff saw something they liked or maybe Head Coach Danny Palmer or someone on the Jags coaching staff contacted Carthel.

You are 100% correct on Coach Palmer.. Coach Palmer was at TJC for a long long time so I am sure his and Coach Carthel connections are strong..
SFAXE93

TallTexan
We going with a red colored track again?
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

Did you see the prototype on Twitter? It is going to be Gray and Purple!
TallTexan
BigJack85 said:

TallTexan said:

Did you see the prototype on Twitter? It is going to be Gray and Purple!

I did but I don't think it registered. Glad to hear.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan
Nice.

I'd have inverted those two colors but I bet the gray will stay substantially cooler in the sun.
djsfw57
PurpleOut said:

LOVE the purple!! I can't wait to see the stadium when it's all finished.
PurpleOut
Staff
TallTexan said:

Nice.

I'd have inverted those two colors but I bet the gray will stay substantially cooler in the sun.
I thought the same. I'm assuming there's a reason why they chose all grey with purple.
SFASawmillGuy
Purple and Grey are actually a really good combination. I love our grey basketball Jersey's and wouldn't hate it if we got battle grey football uniforms.
MasterAxe
Let's be honest:

If we don't see Trae Self on a billboard or commercial for every "Self Storage" facility in Nac, then what are we doing?

GET THAT MAN HIS MONEY!
Jacks4460
MasterAxe said:

Let's be honest:

If we don't see Trae Self on a billboard or commercial for every "Self Storage" facility in Nac, then what are we doing?

GET THAT MAN HIS MONEY!
YES SIRRRRRRRRRRR!!!! AxeEm
TallTexan
I just witnessed a twitter murder.

sfajack05
I took advantage of the WAC deal and got season tickets for my family.

Excited to spend the fall back in Nac. Probably will make a few trips down for soccer as well since my daughter started to play and she likes watching them on tv.
PurpleOut
Staff
sfajack05 said:

I took advantage of the WAC deal and got season tickets for my family.

Excited to spend the fall back in Nac. Probably will make a few trips down for soccer as well since my daughter started to play and she likes watching them on tv.
I feel a nice tailgate coming up.
BigJack85
I'm planning on representing on the tailgate front.
SFASawmillGuy
I'll bring the brisket.
SFAXE93
SFAXE93
https://sfajacks.com/news/2021/7/13/football-justice-guillory-named-to-preseason-all-texas-small-college-team.aspx

Guillory going to be the man on that line!
Jacks4460
He is gonna hurt some folks this year..
Jacks4460
We are stacking the OL up too.. Just got a OT transfer from Big 12 also a WR from a FBS school..
SFASawmillGuy
Let's be real, this is exactly what Carthel did to turn Commerce into a national power, and he's doing it here too. Build a strong team. We won't throw the ball 60 times a game. But we will literally beat the tar out of defenses and win the battle in the 4th quarter.
Jacks4460
Yep he is going to build to dominate you upfront.. Our d-line is absolutely loaded I mean 6-7 deep loaded at just the DT position. Rayshad getting numerous inquires from the NFL scouts.. This young man is locked in and should be drafted. We will see a much improved Carl too..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

We are stacking the OL up too.. Just got a OT transfer from Big 12 also a WR from a FBS school..

Have any info on these two?
SFASawmillGuy
Carthel wasn't lying when he said he's trying to make us contenders. The guy is a team builder. I can't wait for him to win us a natty, but I know the second he does Texas Tech or SMU or someone will come calling.
TallTexan
Talked to coach JMac tonight. That is one good dude.

He and Carthel were both talking up the Dline. They are jacked up about 2021.

Carthel says they're not better than Sam until they beat Sam, but that they have BOTPW circled on the calendar bc they think they're gonna do it.
TallTexan
Not sure if this is new news or not but its up on the website.

Coach McFarland is assistant HC.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Not sure if this is new news or not but its up on the website.

Coach McFarland is assistant HC.
That is new. Within the last week or so. Carthel mentioned it last night.
TallTexan
We talked to Ivey last night before we left about the logos on the field. He said one of the reasons they decided on tertiary mark on football field is because NCAA wrote new rules after Commerce installed their big lion.

Now, you can't have logos that stretch past the hash marks. And due to the shape of the primary logo, that means it can only stretch so far.

With the tertiary logo being more rectangular, it can stretch much larger, which they believe will look better on the football field so you can have a giant logo.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

We talked to Ivey last night before we left about the logos on the field. He said one of the reasons they decided on tertiary mark on football field is because NCAA wrote new rules after Commerce installed their big lion.

Now, you can't have logos that stretch past the hash marks. And due to the shape of the primary logo, that means it can only stretch so far.

With the tertiary logo being more rectangular, it can stretch much larger, which they believe will look better on the football field so you can have a giant logo.

Makes sense.
Jacks4460
Track will not be ready until mid October... waiting for the material from China...
Jacks4460
Yep Coach Carthel is very proud of JMac... JMac is the real deal and will be a super successful college football coach...The big boys will be coming after him really soon...JMac is from Lufkin tho and absolutely loves all the hometown cooking and different things that come with working in Lufkin the town he grew up in..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.