2021 SEASON

61,169 Views | 377 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I think he might of gone to Ark St. to continue his walk on playing not sure tho..
SFAXE93
Yes, he is at Arkansas State now.
SFAXE93

SFAXE93
The Oklahoma State transfer is

OL:#52 JACOB FARRELL 6-6; 308 Sulphur, Oklahoma (Sulphur) *** #55 OT #12 State (OK)
SFA recruited him in 2018. Also had offers from TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Utah State, and interest from Oklahoma.
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

OL:#52 JACOB FARRELL 6-6; 308 Sulphur, Oklahoma (Sulphur) *** #55 OT #12 State (OK)
SFA recruited him in 2018. Also had offers from TCU, Texas Tech, Kansas, Utah State, and interest from Oklahoma.

Now this dude.. Holycow.. you can definitely tell what a OL from a big school looks like physically.. He will be a starter if he is eligible.. I know there is a pending NCAA decision on his eligibility.. Well spoken young man and absolutely loves Nacogdoches and our coaching staff.. Has bend to him and really good feet.. Looks like that big OT LSU had 2 yrs ago.. it's gonna be really hard for a DL to get around him.. He and Justice next to each other will be hard to beat.. Guys we better get ready because our staff has build us an OL and DL and it keeps getting better and better.. We are gonna win some football games Jacks..
SFASawmillGuy
FCS football is remarkably hard to recruit for in Texas with all of our FBS competition, and Coach Carthel is pulling it off. I say after we win a natty in the next couple of years he gets a lifetime contract, and all his meals at Butcher Boys for free to sweeten the deal.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Now this dude.. Holycow.. you can definitely tell what a OL from a big school looks like physically.. He will be a starter if he is eligible.. I know there is a pending NCAA decision on his eligibility.. Well spoken young man and absolutely loves Nacogdoches and our coaching staff.. Has bend to him and really good feet.. Looks like that big OT LSU had 2 yrs ago.. it's gonna be really hard for a DL to get around him.. He and Justice next to each other will be hard to beat.. Guys we better get ready because our staff has build us an OL and DL and it keeps getting better and better.. We are gonna win some football games Jacks..

Wow! A probable starter right out of the chute. Let's hope he's eligible.
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

FCS football is remarkably hard to recruit for in Texas with all of our FBS competition, and Coach Carthel is pulling it off. I say after we win a natty in the next couple of years he gets a lifetime contract, and all his meals at Butcher Boys for free to sweeten the deal.

I also bet I can talk Richie into lifetime meals at Republic and we know CC's is gonna feed coach and his clan anytime..
SFAJack_76
We attended the Meet the Jacks event last night at the Fredonia Hotel. This is put on by the Rotary Club to raise money for football players summer school. Terrance Shaw was the keynote speaker. He looked great, and did a really nice, mostly off the cuff, talk. Carthel was Carthel, and Ivey was Ivey. We are fortunate to have those two. The event was very well attended, and netted about $15k for our student athletes. I can confirm that we have some huge young men on the team.

The annual basketball meet the Jacks and Ladyjacks, is probably going to be held in the new basketball facility.
SFAXE93
The 2021 Football roster is slowly coming together.

They have all the new jersey numbers posted and all the names listed.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

We attended the Meet the Jacks event last night at the Fredonia Hotel. This is put on by the Rotary Club to raise money for football players summer school. Terrance Shaw was the keynote speaker. He looked great, and did a really nice, mostly off the cuff, talk. Carthel was Carthel, and Ivey was Ivey. We are fortunate to have those two. The event was very well attended, and netted about $15k for our student athletes. I can confirm that we have some huge young men on the team.

The annual basketball meet the Jacks and Ladyjacks, is probably going to be held in the new basketball facility.

Saw on Twitter yesterday that Shaw bought some land and is building a house. Is that gonna be in Nac?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Texas Tech coach Matt Wells announced that Tyler Shough will be their starting QB. Shough transferred from Oregon, where he started all seven of the Ducks' games in 2020.
SFAXE93
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

The event was very well attended, and netted about $15k for our student athletes.

Nice job fellow Jacks... First time in a long time that this actually made a little $$$
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Saw on Twitter yesterday that Shaw bought some land and is building a house. Is that gonna be in Nac?
Doesn't look like Nacogdoches to me.
TallTexan
Me either but I figured the fact that he posted that and was in town to speak might be a correlation.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

SFAXE93 said:

Any word on Farrell's eligibility?
SFAXE93
Off the roster...

DT#59 BRANARD WRIGHT 6-3; 315 (FR.)

PurpleOut
Staff
SFAXE93 said:

Off the roster...

DT#59 BRANARD WRIGHT 6-3; 315 (FR.)

Oh man. Had he played yet?
SFAXE93
1 game last season.
SFASawmillGuy
Biggish BOTPW news coming today on the Sawmill Twitter.
TallTexan
SFA_03 said:

Whoa what's this?
djsfw57
SFA_03 said:

I don't think I knew there was a Sawmill twitter. What's the @? Thanks.
SFAJack_76
djsfw57 said:

SFA_03 said:

I don't think I knew there was a Sawmill twitter. What's the @? Thanks.
@SFASawmill
SFASawmillGuy
Just a little BOTPW promotion. They're shooting me some tickets to give away.
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93
Starting to fill up

https://www.ticketmaster.com/event/3A005AD57883157D
KirkHeath12
https://www.fcsfansnation.com/stories/fcs-playoff-predictions-2021-week-five-sept-27

Has SFA as a bubble team for now.
Class of 2012
Axe Em
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Starting to fill up

I bought my tickets….
SFAJack_76
SFAXE93 said:

Starting to fill up

Looks like tickets sold are about 2:1 Sam. Maybe more.
SFAXE93
No longer on the roster

LB:#25 DAYDAY COLEMAN 6-0; 225 (JR.)

SFAJack_76
Crazy improvement that Quick, and Campos, have made in one year. UTEP game last season, we were all wondering why we had no kicking game.
SFASawmillGuy
Quick is going to play in the NFL if he stays this consistent through college.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Crazy improvement that Quick, and Campos, have made in one year. UTEP game last season, we were all wondering why we had no kicking game.

Quick and Campos are two early success stories in the 'Good to Great' process.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.