2021 SEASON

61,139 Views | 377 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by BigJack85
SFAJack_76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TallTexan
I'd forgotten spring practice was a thing since the last one was 84 years ago.
SFAXE93

That transfer RB from MHB McGrue has some speed.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic
How is the transfer RB from Hawaii doing?
SFASawmillGuy
Good! I believe in Trae Self, but this offense needs a running game to supplement a passing game. If we can have a home run threat at RB we will have an offense.
SFAXE93
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Trying to surf Ag Pond.
TallTexan
SFAXE93 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Trying to surf Ag Pond.

You get the Oline to jump in one end at the same time and you might get a decent wave.
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

Good! I believe in Trae Self, but this offense needs a running game to supplement a passing game. If we can have a home run threat at RB we will have an offense.
Dude we gotta RB1 in Jaquarion Turner.. Dude is a beast.. You saw what he did last year coming off an injury.. Look for a big year this year from him.. with a healthy year behind him and an offseason with Coach Stoner..
SFASawmillGuy
We have JT but now we potentially have depth at the position. We can have change of pace backs, and give Turner a breather.
Last year late if JT went out, it was pretty much gonna be a Self pass or QB option, but now with depth we can open up the playbook even more and have more options on all downs.
Ljacks&Longnecks
Great to have Turner but recall how he got into the starting lineup last year....injuries to the starters.
Depth is a great thing to have especially if you expect to contend for playoffs.
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

We have JT but now we potentially have depth at the position. We can have change of pace backs, and give Turner a breather.
Last year late if JT went out, it was pretty much gonna be a Self pass or QB option, but now with depth we can open up the playbook even more and have more options on all downs.
Ward is that homerun hitter.. Got first hand info that he is healthy and stronger than ever before and looks better this spring more than he ever has.. So that is JT,Ward,and Miles Reed... My goodness with our improved OL and depth there too... Lumberjack faithful we are gonna roll some people this year... We are going to compete for a NC.. No doubt in my mind.
Jacks4460
Also Rayson Williams looks like a NFL DL and the soph is coming along just fine.. Dude is a beast.. Our DLine will be Power 5 good... Will go 6 deep... Plus with coach JMac coaching them up... I just hope we can hold on to coach JMac.. He is a 100% up and comer in the coaching profession and will be saught after by the big boys here soon..
BigJack85
When do you guys think we will see the entire schedule. Looks like 9 games scheduled. I'm guessing 1 D2 and a FCS or FBS.
SFASawmillGuy
I think we'll get a couple of OOC FCS games in. I have no doubt we will get a full 11 game slate.
SFA Jack Fanatic
What's the date of the spring game? Has it been decided if it will be an intrasquad or a game against another school, as was discussed a while back?
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

What's the date of the spring game? Has it been decided if it will be an intrasquad or a game against another school, as was discussed a while back?

April 17. Having difficulty getting the NCAA to approve a game. Imagine that. Looking more like intrasquad.
Jacks4460
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

April 17. Having difficulty getting the NCAA to approve a game. Imagine that. Looking more like intrasquad.

Yep what 76 says..
TallTexan
Suppose we built an indoor football practice facility.

Could it also be the soccer field if we added bleachers?
SFASawmillGuy
Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yep what 76 says..

SHSU is just scared they'll lose twice in football in the same calendar year.
Jacks4460
SFA_03 said:

Jacks4460 said:

SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Yep what 76 says..

SHSU is just scared they'll lose twice in football in the same calendar year.
Man I cant wait until we start kicking their AXE... its been a long long time coming.. We are for real.. Never had this type of leadership before.. From the top to the bottom.. Its like night and day.. we are WINNING!!!
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Suppose we built an indoor football practice facility.

Could it also be the soccer field if we added bleachers?
Not excited about the idea of indoor soccer.
Jacks4460
1st day in pads today.. Defense is absolutely loaded... The three transfers on offense TE-Tulane WR-VTech and RB-Hawaii are going to be very special players for us this coming year.. these 3 will have a huge impact. the OL is beat up a little but the first team OL was stout as garlic.. So once we get some of our depth on the OL back then things will really be looking good for the Offense.. Watched the RB transfer from Hawaii break one for 80 and he is just as fast as Ward but with some more size to him.. We will have some NFL prospects.. Something we haven't had on a consistent basis in a long time if ever.. Except when I played 89-91.. Our 89 squad had 6 draft picks.. We also went to the I-AA championship game.. Winning will come our way..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

1st day in pads today.. Defense is absolutely loaded... The three transfers on offense TE-Tulane WR-VTech and RB-Hawaii are going to be very special players for us this coming year.. these 3 will have a huge impact. the OL is beat up a little but the first team OL was stout as garlic.. So once we get some of our depth on the OL back then things will really be looking good for the Offense.. Watched the RB transfer from Hawaii break one for 80 and he is just as fast as Ward but with some more size to him.. We will have some NFL prospects.. Something we haven't had on a consistent basis in a long time if ever.. Except when I played 89-91.. Our 89 squad had 6 draft picks.. We also went to the I-AA championship game.. Winning will come our way..

OL is still beat up from the Fall season? Who and how? Great to hear about the three transfers you mentioned, especially the Hawaii transfer.
Jacks4460
Yep I don't know specifics but I assume there were some off season surgeries where rehab doesn't call for football pads..Big RT out once he gets there then there is some serious ass competition between the two lines.. great competition and it seems like those young ones the coaches put all their chips on early are starting to feel comfortable in their position and all that does is help our team..
SFAXE93
Yep, you must have played with David Whitmore from Daingerfield, who got drafted to the NFL in 1990.

1 of 13 players from little ole Daingerfield to go to the NFL.
Jacks4460
Yep I love Big Whit!! He is a good man.. Only person I seen get his helmet taken away from -and still go full contact... Coach Graves would sit him outta drills because Whit would be putting the hurt on to many people..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

Yep I don't know specifics but I assume there were some off season surgeries where rehab doesn't call for football pads..Big RT out once he gets there then there is some serious ass competition between the two lines.. great competition and it seems like those young ones the coaches put all their chips on early are starting to feel comfortable in their position and all that does is help our team..
I heard we have about fifteen guys recovering from fall injuries that should all be ready to go in the fall. Those playing this spring won't have the recovery time our guys do.

The spring game may be April 24. Doesn't sound good for having anything other than Purple/White game. Not final yet.
SFASawmillGuy

Rubs me the wrong way that a D2 school is a better offer than a D1 program he would probably be a starter at.
SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Rubs me the wrong way that a D2 school is a better offer than a D1 program he would probably be a starter at.
He has graduated, and he's from the Valley area, so he's going home. Plus, we're pretty stacked at RB for next season, so his playing time would be limited. He goes to Kingsville and becomes Big Man on Campus. Makes sense to me.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
That's a tough first game, unless we're playing 1 in August.
SFAXE93
Nice schedule for the Jacks, quality teams, should put SFA nicely in the rankings with the a** kicking that's coming for the following...

SAT. SEPT. 4 TARLETON STATE NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. SEPT. 11 TEXAS TECH LUBBOCK, TEXAS
SAT. SEPT. 18 MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. OCT. 2 SAM HOUSTON STATE HOUSTON, TEXAS
SAT. OCT. 9; 4:00 P.M. JACKSONVILLE STATE JACKSONVILLE, ALABAMA
BYE WEEK
SAT. OCT. 23 DIXIE STATE ST. GEORGE, UTAH
SAT. OCT. 30 ABILENE CHRISTIAN NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. NOV. 6 EASTERN KENTUCKY NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
SAT. NOV. 13; 4:00 P.M. CENTRAL ARKANSAS CONWAY, ARKANSAS
SAT. NOV. 20 LAMAR UNIVERSITY BEAUMONT, TEXAS

I say that based on what I saw in Memphis 2020, until the 4th quarter.

This team as the IT factor.

Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFA_03 said:

He has graduated, and he's from the Valley area, so he's going home. Plus, we're pretty stacked at RB for next season, so his playing time would be limited. He goes to Kingsville and becomes Big Man on Campus. Makes sense to me.

This!!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.