New Football Staff

53,802 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Drats!
TallTexan
Lol.

SFAJack_76
Crazy.
Jacks4460
Parlayed his SFA to Arky St to TCU.. I bet TCU is 3x's what we could of afford..
TallTexan
Jacks4460 said:

Parlayed his SFA to Arky St to TCU.. I bet TCU is 3x's what we could of afford..
I wouldn't be surprised if he's making 200k+. He hit a homerun by working for a champion like Carthel.
Pilotgirl
Fingers crossed that I get 3 great job offers this summer..
Working on releasing my freestyle rap on YouTube as we speak
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

Fingers crossed that I get 3 great job offers this summer..
Working on releasing my freestyle rap on YouTube as we speak
Do that and a 1 week internship with Carthel & you'll be the President of Exxon by Christmas.
JackBacker1
He worked for Carthell for two weeks. I doubt that had much to do with him getting this job. I want his agent to represent me however, dude can work wonders.
SFASawmillGuy
JackBacker1 said:

He worked for Carthell for two weeks. I doubt that had much to do with him getting this job. I want his agent to represent me however, dude can work wonders.

You're right. It didn't have much to do with him getting the job. It had everything to do with it.
SFAJack_76
Didn't want to start a new thread, and since much of this has to do with the excitement over the new staff, I put it here. Pretty cool to see SFA with the others on this list.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
What does a Director of Sports Performance do??
nacluth
Reading through the lines, it sounds like he will essentially be the manager for all strength and conditioning coaches while primarily focusing on football.
SFAJack_76
Very positive.
TallTexan
I'm amazed by how much mileage Carthel gets out of this quote.

SFAXE93

Leonard Hankerson - SFA Receivers Coach

https://twitter.com/HankTime85?lang=en

https://umassathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1195

College: University of Miami (Class of 2010)
NFL: 3rd Round Draft Pick (2011)

Coaching Experience

TallTexan
Love his NFL experience. Could help put Pace & others over the top.
Pilotgirl
Is this the position that has had like 3 people hired/leave? Or is that another one?
SFAJack_76
Pilotgirl said:

Is this the position that has had like 3 people hired/leave? Or is that another one?
This is it.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

It's this one. It'll be a miracle if he's not an NFL head coach by June.
Pilotgirl
I think we need a meme for the recievers coach....then we can laugh over & over instead of worry/cry. Lol
SFAJack_76
TallTexan
Here's your meme PilotGirl.

Pilotgirl
YASSS! The world needed this. The WR coach is like the Professor of the Dark Arts from Hogwarts.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

YASSS! The world needed this. The WR coach is like the Professor of the Dark Arts from Hogwarts.

Lol.
SFAJack_76
I had not seen this name before I came across him. Cornerback coach.The posted coaches roster is not up to date.
SFAXE93
Tomas Rodriguez (Director of Football Operation)

https://sfajacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=406&path=football

Give him a follow

https://twitter.com/Coach_TRod_FB?lang=en

TallTexan
This is somewhat subjective, but to me this feels like the first time we've had a "pro-level" football staff to me, pro level being like the big time college programs.

Director of Football Ops, out recruiting like the FBS programs, grad assistants & analysts. I'm optimistic about the future of SFA football.
BigJack85
I'm sure I'll get blowback on this but I believe facilities are the only thing holding us back from dominating the SLC. If we had the benefit of a substantial donor for football and baseball we could take that next leap.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
SFAXE93 said:

Tomas Rodriguez (Director of Football Operation)

https://sfajacks.com/coaches.aspx?rc=406&path=football

Give him a follow

https://twitter.com/Coach_TRod_FB?lang=en

Super nice and personable gentleman...
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

I'm sure I'll get blowback on this but I believe facilities are the only thing holding us back from dominating the SLC. If we had the benefit of a substantial donor for football and baseball we could take that next leap.
We need JFM and Dozier to get those huge huge deals and then start the donating process... If we can win 8-9 games this year I feel the football facilities will happen at a more rapid pace.. From what I have heard and talked about is that they will extend the current office building into the north endzone along with a weightroom/workout facility/lockeroom... Make the current weight room area the new Academic area and the current Academic area (which is currently connected to the training room) a great big training room..
Jacks4460
BigJack85 said:

If we had the benefit of a substantial donor for football and baseball we could take that next leap.
Purple72 needs to flip sports and jump on the football train...
nacluth
Jacks4460 said:

From what I have heard and talked about is that they will extend the current office building into the north endzone along with a weightroom/workout area...
But where will I run at night?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

BigJack85 said:

We need JFM and Dozier to get those huge huge deals and then start the donating process... If we can win 8-9 games this year I feel the football facilities will happen at a more rapid pace.. From what I have heard and talked about is that they will extend the current office building into the north endzone along with a weightroom/workout facility/lockeroom... Make the current weight room area the new Academic area and the current Academic area (which is currently connected to the training room) a great big training room..

I assume you're talking about that happening via future fundraising a bit down the road?

And do you think we can really win 8-9 games this Fall? I think you're being overly optimistic and a year ahead of things, but I sure hope I'm wrong and you're right, 4460.

BTW, if Dozier keeps swinging the bat the way he is now he could end up in the AL MVP conversation and land a massive pay raise. If that happens, happy (pay)days could be headed our way...
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Jacks4460 said:

From what I have heard and talked about is that they will extend the current office building into the north endzone along with a weightroom/workout area...
But where will I run at night?
You'll just sit on the couch like the rest of us.

And if we're going to do any substantial work on the current football offices, can we please make it a more architecturally pleasing building?

Ideally we'll eventually move the track & bring in the stands, but that's a story for a different day.

For now though, this is a coaching staff that can make us competitive. SFA doesn't have the richest alumni in the world, but we do have a few who are very very wealthy. We need to convince a few of them to part with some of that sweet moolah for the benefit of the University. A few big-time seasons could help change that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.