2017-2018 College Hoops

37,606 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nacluth said:

Kaspar's Texas State Bobcats have made hay through the bottom half of the Sun Belt. 6-1 to start the year may be fool's gold.
Agreed. Here are their six Sun Belt "blowouts"...

Coastal Carolina 53-48
South Alabama 72-69
Troy 57-56
Arkansas State 73-67
Little Rock 72-70
ULM 65-62

Earlier they lost to HBU by 19 and to ACU by 4.
INiedrauer
Staff
Little Rock is sneaky good right now. They figured something out over the last month.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

nacluth
What could be a wild day in CBB starts with Houston taking down #7 Wichita St. Also, LSU is getting beat by Vandy which is not a good look - for them or us.
nacluth
Coach Boynton took down #4 Oklahoma in what has to be his biggest win of his first year.
nacluth
Kaspar had his game in place for the first 7 minutes of the game when he was losing 5-4. After that Louisiana decided to score and blow the doors off Texas St.
SFA88
cboothe09
Watching North Dakota State/South Dakota State tonight. Fun watch...
cboothe09
Came across another example of bad refs...Check this out

TallTexan
Saw that today. Absolutely atrocious.
nacluth
Don't need to see Keller rip off his shirt like the Hulk. I hope that call doesn't happen to us. Wow.
No-look
Oklahoma State beat West Virginia. Love to see SFA guys do good.
cboothe09
Makes me wish even more we hired him. Love Keller and he is doing just fine, but I really wanted Boynton
TallTexan
cboothe09 said:

Makes me wish even more we hired him. Love Keller and he is doing just fine, but I really wanted Boynton
I was definitely on team Boynton in the hiring process, but like Keller too. I'm not 100% sure we'd be better off right now with Boynton or even retaining Underwood. We've definitely done well in the coach hiring process since we started with Kasper. That's why I'll miss Hill.

Heck even if Conque doesn't work out, I could see why it'd look like a great hire on paper.
TallTexan
Could you imagine if we had kept Avette & landed Zhaire too though? Would be an embarrassment of riches in terms of talent.
PurpleOut
Staff
I was publicly for Boynton too, don't have a problem admitting that. Still happy where we are right now.

Zhaire was Keller's recruit, but Averette was staying if Boynton stayed.
TallTexan
Same. I've been really impressed by Keller's recruiting. He not just coaching, but program building for the future with the talent he's bringing in.

Now we just need to torch everyone in the SLC tourney. It's basically our second home, so we ought to be able to do it.
nacluth
For those interested, Texas State has now dropped four in a row - the last one being in OT to UTA. However, they are still tied for third in the Sun Belt and hold some tiebreakers for seeding.
INiedrauer
Staff
If anyone finds the time, watch the end of regulation in that one. Texas State has a point blank shot on the inbounds pass and blows the layup to win. Replay is on ESPN3.
-
Isaac Niedrauer
@INiedrauer

SFA Jack Fanatic
An interesting score from yesterday (02/17) for us SFA fans... LSU 64, Missouri 63.
BigJack85
sfa17 said:

I rather have decent players who want to be at SFA than "sUpErSTaRs" that don't want to be a lumberjack. #Blessed .SFA should be no ones back-up school.

Couldn't agree more.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
nacluth
Well despite some top ten upsets this year, OK St. just couldn't get it done down the stretch. No tournament this year for Boynton. Good overall start to his HC career.
nacluth
Pitino has his last title stripped. Louisville has their 2012 Final Four finish and their 2013 Championship stripped from the record books. Seasons don't count.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
SFASawmillGuy
So does that mean we get it?
nacluth
I submitted our name for the lottery.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
nacluth said:

I submitted our name for the lottery.
Too late, they awarded it to UNC for that unfortunate incident when the NCAA was forced to investigate the sham classes.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Drexel staged the largest comeback in NCAA MBB D-1 history tonight. Down by 34 with 2:36 left in the first half, they come back to beat Delaware 85-83.
PurpleOut
Staff
Oh boy: https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html
nacluth
Maybe there will be room for us in the Big 12.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
TallTexan
PurpleOut said:

Oh boy: https://sports.yahoo.com/exclusive-federal-documents-detail-sweeping-potential-ncaa-violations-involving-high-profile-players-schools-103338484.html

This offseason will be entertaining.

And then it'll be depressing when the NCAA only gives a ban to a small school for taking a transfer from one of these big schools.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Maybe there will be room for us in the Big 12.
People already think we're in Austin.
INiedrauer
Staff
If we're nitpicking < $100 benefits, I can make this promise: there is not a single D1 school in America that hasn't done the same thing.

The big time money, that's problematic tho.
nacluth
I'm at Chick-Fil-A for the next 10 minutes. Free food for any Lumberjacks athlete. Is this a violation?

I'm buying.

Edit: no one took me up on it. Oh well.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
cboothe09
Oklahoma State becomes the first team to sweep a Bill Self coached Kansas team
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

For those interested, Texas State has now dropped four in a row - the last one being in OT to UTA. However, they are still tied for third in the Sun Belt and hold some tiebreakers for seeding.
After losing at home yesterday to UTA, the losing streak is now at nine.
SFA Jack Fanatic
A very good Saint Mary's team to the NIT?? It could (probably will) happen, despite going 28-5 and 16-2 in the WCC, since they have a very weak strength of schedule, and the WCC itself has a weak RPI.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaab/2018/02/08/march-madness-2018-ncaa-tournament-bracketology/318678002/

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.