2017-2018 College Hoops

37,597 Views | 158 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by SFASawmillGuy
SFASawmillGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Crazy to think that Villanova isn't a giant college. They play FCS football too(very well I might add). WRJ is even bigger than the Pavillion where they play most of their games.
Villanova has just built that program to be a winner. I hope we get there some day.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFA_03 said:

Crazy to think that Villanova isn't a giant college. They play FCS football too(very well I might add).
Yeah, Villanova came to Homer Bryce several years ago and beat the Jacks in the 1-AA playoffs.
sfa17
But when I come to basketball Villanova has a LONG history. First tourney appearance was in 1938 (final four) and Won ncaa tournament in 1985. over 30 ncaa appearances and that is not counting the wins. I'm pretty sure they could have gone fbs if they truly wanted to. But obviously they didn't need it.
nacluth
Villanova is in Philadelphia. We may be comparable in certain metrics, but the biggest one, we will never be.
SFASawmillGuy
edstile said:

SFA_03 said:

Crazy to think that Villanova isn't a giant college. They play FCS football too(very well I might add).
Yeah, Villanova came to Homer Bryce several years ago and beat the Jacks in the 1-AA playoffs.

For two minutes we dominated that game. Then the other 58 minutes happened.
TallTexan
nacluth said:

Villanova is in Philadelphia. We may be comparable in certain metrics, but the biggest one, we will never be.
Ya, I mean they've managed to thrive despite being stuck in Philly, that's really saying something.
SFAJack_76
SFA_03 said:

edstile said:

SFA_03 said:

For two minutes we dominated that game. Then the other 58 minutes happened.
I remember it being ugly, but most of my SFA football memories are ... never mind. .
SFA Jack Fanatic
Who could possibly disagree with this assessment?! SFA #1 in the land!

SFASawmillGuy
edstile said:

Who could possibly disagree with this assessment?! SFA #1 in the land!

Gonna have to use that website for every single SFA game now to prove we can beat anyone.
SFA Jack Fanatic
OU will open the 2018-2019 hoops season on the road at UTRGV and UTSA. So, you can go to those two lightweights but not to SFA, Sooners? Scared much??
SFASawmillGuy
edstile said:

OU will open the 2018-2019 hoops season on the road at UTRGV and UTSA. So, you can go to those two lightweights but not to SFA, Sooners? Scared much??

They remember all too well how the Lumberjack's last visit to Norman ended.
No-look
Nicholls seems to be getting some decent recruits.
PurpleOut
Staff
SFA_03 said:

edstile said:

They remember all too well how the Lumberjack's last visit to Norman ended.
*the last two visits to Norman.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

North Carolina is playing at Wofford this year in a two for one deal. They have just agreed to do the same with UNC Wilmington.

Why can't we do one of those?
BigJack85
SFAJack_76 said:

edstile said:

North Carolina is playing at Wofford this year in a two for one deal. They have just agreed to do the same with UNC Wilmington.

The arrogance of UT, A&M and U of H is the roadblock.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
SFAJack_76 said:

edstile said:

They don't want the beat down that we would apply.
sfa17
maybe instead of home we could push for a neutral setting. we would still be outnumber but better odds then just facing them at home. we need to get into one of those holiday tournaments again. Home/Neutral
SFA Jack Fanatic
sfa17 said:

we need to get into one of those holiday tournaments again.
Agreed! Our '18-'19 seniors will deserve a nice trip to the Bahamas or Hawaii and a chance to enhance our RPI.
SFAJack_76
edstile said:

sfa17 said:

Agreed! Our '18-'19 seniors will deserve a nice trip to the Bahamas or Hawaii and a chance to enhance our RPI.
How about this one? Not Hawaii or the Bahamas, but a good field with good exposure.

SFASawmillGuy
SFAJack_76 said:

edstile said:

sfa17 said:

How about this one? Not Hawaii or the Bahamas, but a good field with good exposure.

The entire state of West Virginia is holding their breaths hoping it's not a team in purple from deep east Texas.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.