2018-2019 NCAA Basketball

58,408 Views | 248 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A couple of good ones on ESPN tonight (Nov. 6): Michigan State vs. Kansas, and Duke vs. Kentucky. Set your recorder for that first one, since you'll want to watch the Lumberjacks take on Texas Wesleyan on ESPN 3.
cboothe09
First game of the season is at 11:30. A scorcher between Wisconsin-Lutheran and Green Bay. I'll tune into it probably before getting a 3:00 scouting of Buffalo against St. Francis
SFA Jack Fanatic
cboothe09 said:

First game of the season is at 11:30. A scorcher between Wisconsin-Lutheran and Green Bay. I'll tune into it probably before getting a 3:00 scouting of Buffalo against St. Francis
Give us your scouting report on Buffalo.
cboothe09
Will do...Green Bay killed a bad Wisconsin Lutheran team. Final score 110-54
cboothe09
Buffalo is a lot like us last year. Forces a lot of turnovers and aggressive defensively. Jack up a lot of threes and miss...They were 3-21 behind the arc in the FIRST HALF.
A matchup between us two would be FUN
cboothe09
LSU in firm control against SLU
cboothe09
Texas Southern beat Baylor
Louisiana Tech beat Wichita State
PurpleOut
Staff
St. Edwards just beat UTSA.
nacluth
All the sudden our schedule looks a little stiffer than it did when I first surveyed it. Technically non-D1 schools don't count in the new NCAA rankings, but a D3 loss isn't a good look.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

St. Edwards just beat UTSA.
Holy guacamole....
Pilotgirl
Watching the McNeese vs St. Marys game. McNeese is everywhere.....but nowhere at same time. No defense. I know these are mainly JUCO transfers but no cohesion, yet. I know we looked that way BUT we had sparks & lots of em. St. Marys is only ahead by 11 at the half. They are shooting the ball good but coach is playing a lot of his team. Isn't this the team that SLU lost in the NIT last year? Im such a pro disruption defense team, it's kinda difficult to watch
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Watching the McNeese vs St. Marys game. McNeese is everywhere.....but nowhere at same time. No defense. I know these are mainly JUCO transfers but no cohesion, yet. I know we looked that way BUT we had sparks & lots of em. St. Marys is only ahead by 11 at the half. They are shooting the ball good but coach is playing a lot of his team. Isn't this the team that SLU lost in the NIT last year? Im such a pro disruption defense team, it's kinda difficult to watch

McNeese is turning it over a lot after the half. Came back strong & cut lead to 7 but turnovers!
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Pilotgirl said:

McNeese is turning it over a lot after the half. Came back strong & cut lead to 7 but turnovers!

St. Marys 87
McNeese 65; Hines scored 26 of those points ...wow
Pilotgirl
Watching the Miami vs Lehigh game right now on ESPN+ Their offense is much more put together compared to ours at this point. They are playing some D. Their game is much slower. If our Offense was put together some and we pressured them on D, this would be a totally winnable game. They like to shoot the 3. We would have cleaned them up bad last year. I would feel MUCH better if we had a true PG right now.
Pilotgirl
Pilotgirl said:

Watching the Miami vs Lehigh game right now on ESPN+ Their offense is much more put together compared to ours at this point. They are playing some D. Their game is much slower. If our Offense was put together some and we pressured them on D, this would be a totally winnable game. They like to shoot the 3. We would have cleaned them up bad last year. I would feel MUCH better if we had a true PG right now.

Lykes is their main PG and he is really good. He is 5 foot 7, which is my height but he can play ball. He can shoot threes and get in the paint. They did foul a lot, especially in the first half. They have a few big guys, a couple of centers. Like I said, mainly a perimeter team so we will need to shut that down quick.
nacluth
I knew they would be slower and methodical, and we'll have our chances. Unfortunately our weakness (or at least one of the top ones) is defending perimeter shots as all those NAIA threes taught us. We have to hope for an off shooting night.
PurpleOut
Staff
Buffalo is legit. They were rough in the first half and then got down by 13 in the second. And then CJ Massinburg happened (South Oak Cliff). Just destroyed WVU in OT. They should be a Top 25 team in Ireland.
SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Buffalo is legit. They were rough in the first half and then got down by 13 in the second. And then CJ Massinburg happened (South Oak Cliff). Just destroyed WVU in OT. They should be a Top 25 team in Ireland.
And they did it in Morgantown. Scary.
Pilotgirl
PurpleOut said:

Man, I missed it! I was "scouting" Miami! There was some good ball happening last nite
SFAXE93
nacluth
Conference USA also-ran Charlotte winners of one out of the last 16 games took down Boynton's OK State today...just saying 2-0 looks nice over here.

OK State blew a 24 point lead in the second...ouch.
BigJack85
Lots of lower tier (D2 or NAIA) teams giving D1 squads trouble. I'm sure it's early jitters but I don't think we should have to go to the last seconds to beat SAGU. Let's all remember..... it's SAGU. Not even West Texas A&M or UT Tyler. It's SAGU. I hope we gell but right now I'm cynical
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
sfa17
BigJack85 said:

Lots of lower tier (D2 or NAIA) teams giving D1 squads trouble. I'm sure it's early jitters but I don't think we should have to go to the last seconds to beat SAGU. Let's all remember..... it's SAGU. Not even West Texas A&M or UT Tyler. It's SAGU. I hope we gell but right now I'm cynical
hopefully it is just a case of playing to the level of our opponent and also not taking SAGU and the other NAIA serious enough
sfa17
nacluth said:

Conference USA also-ran Charlotte winners of one out of the last 16 games took down Boynton's OK State today...just saying 2-0 looks nice over here.

OK State blew a 24 point lead in the second...ouch.
Not the best idea to play a good mid major team on the road as your first game especially when you are picked to finish dead last in the BIG 12 ... just saying
nacluth
The problem is that they aren't good..at least by any measureable stats so far. OK State had a 1 in a 1000 chance of losing and they did by allowing Charlotte to score 8 points in the last 8 seconds.
PurpleOut
Staff
BigJack85 said:

Both Texas Wesleyan and SAGU are Top 25 NAIA teams. That's much better than your average D2/D3 schools.
nacluth
And someone joked about Texas Wesleyan winning the 1966 NCAA championship (really Texas Western), but Texas Wesleyan did win national championships two seasons ago (2017) and in 2006 in NAIA. A good program.
SFAXE93
2018-19 NAIA DIVISION I COACHES TOP 25 POLL

Texas Wesleyan #11
SAGU #18

And we still have a very good division 2 team in St. Edwards who beat a very good UTSA team to worry about.
sfa17
nacluth said:

The problem is that they aren't good..at least by any measureable stats so far. OK State had a 1 in a 1000 chance of losing and they did by allowing Charlotte to score 8 points in the last 8 seconds.
Oh wow they won 6 games last year. For some reason I thought they were good. nevermind. Yeah that is a bad look for ok state. On the bright side looks like isaac likelele is going get a prominent role on the squad. Good for him.
No-look
Nebraska leads SLU 52-16 at the half. Surprisingly.
Pilotgirl
Watching the SLU vs Nebraska game...commentators just said Veal has a torn meniscus. Why is he playing then?? Save it for conference play!
nacluth
Just going to say that it's not a good look for the Southland today so far. SLU getting destroyed and LaTech giving it to Sam. Top of the conference is looking week. We need to make a strong statement Tuesday.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
BigJack85
I sure hope so. Not solid at all. We better handle the ball and that was a challenge against SAGU.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Pilotgirl
It is 78-27 Nebraska. 8:38 left. Why in the H is Veal still out there?? He is TIRED and hurting. I respect him & like to see him play; he is fun to watch & is a scrappy player. I hate to see these kind of things happen to any player. I think this is a bad coaching decision, but maybe it is just me. I dunno.
TallTexan
Pilotgirl said:

It is 78-27 Nebraska. 8:38 left. Why in the H is Veal still out there?? He is TIRED and hurting. I respect him & like to see him play; he is fun to watch & is a scrappy player. I hate to see these kind of things happen to any player. I think this is a bad coaching decision, but maybe it is just me. I dunno.
Wow. Just wow. That's getting the doors blown off.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.