2022 NCAA MBB Recruiting - General Discussions

18,309 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks1989
SFA Jack Fanatic
How long do you want to ignore this user?
PurpleOut said:

Based soley on reputation and recent success, I would think we'd be leading over those other teams in the effort to get him. Yet another guard, though. Played in 31 games and started 14 at Illinois State in '21-'22, averaging 8.8 points and 3.5 assists per game. Shot 38.2% from the field, 38.6% from three, and 87.5% from the stripe. Had 34 points in an OT win against Bucknell.
No-look
Saw where NMS has signed two SEC guards that started this last season. Hope Keller and co have some dudes on the radar. Isn't today at 11:59 the last day a recruit can sign a NLI?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Saw where NMS has signed two SEC guards that started this last season. Hope Keller and co have some dudes on the radar. Isn't today at 11:59 the last day a recruit can sign a NLI?
I believe you are correct. Today's the day for D-1 BB. Hopes for signing another big are dimming.
No-look
A player can still commit after tonight but it's not binding until he enrolls in school???
Jacks1989
I'm not worried, Coach Keller is going to get us 2 more stud bigs.
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

I'm not worried, Coach Keller is going to get us 2 more stud bigs.
. Should still be some good players out there that hadn't signed. Saw where RGV signed a 7'
BigJack85
Maybe we should resort to begging. Please please bring us 6'8" PF with some touch and an exceptional rebounder.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
SFAJack_76
Transfers do not sign a NLI. They get an athletic grant in aid.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

Maybe we should resort to begging. Please please bring us 6'8" PF with some touch and an exceptional rebounder.

That's not too much to ask, is it???
Jacks1989
We have 2 bigs that have showed interest in SFA.

Allen Mukeba from Colby Community College. He committed to us early on and backed out. Still has not signed.

Montavious Murphy from K-State. Committed and signed with the Jacks. Now he is back on the market.

Do y'all think we still are looking at these guys are have we moved on. Just wondering y'all's thoughts.

BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

Allen Mukeba from Colby Community College. He committed to us early on and backed out. Still has not signed.

Montavious Murphy from K-State. Committed and signed with the Jacks. Now he is back on the market.

Do y'all think we still are looking at these guys are have we moved on. Just wondering y'all's thoughts.

Surely. The divorce decree has not been mailed out.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

For what it's worth (not much), my opinion is that the SFA staff has moved on. They want guys who really want to be here. Looks like neither of those guys have jumped at the chance to do it.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

For what it's worth (not much), my opinion is that the SFA staff has moved on. They want guys who really want to be here. Looks like neither of those guys have jumped at the chance to do it.
. Dreams of going to a bigger NIL market???
Jacks1989
Mukeba committed to UMKC

SFAXE93
Only 4 players listed on their roster, so they are retooling.
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

Only 4 players listed on their roster, so they are retooling.

Picking UMKC over SFA, tells me we've got better options….. somewhere
Jacks1989
Mark Freeman - Illinois State transferring to Morehead St.

No-look
Looks like the WAC is gonna have some size this coming year. If my math serves me correctly there are so far four 7' recruits, seven 6'11", eight 6'10", and a bunch of 6'9". I can't remember the Southland being this big???
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Looks like the WAC is gonna have some size this coming year. If my math serves me correctly there are so far four 7' recruits, seven 6'11", eight 6'10", and a bunch of 6'9". I can't remember the Southland being this big???

So you're saying that our deep guard-heavy lineups will run circles around them and shoot lights out over them?
No-look
Exactly
No-look
Question. How can a team be three recruits over the limit and expecting a couple more commits? Some are saying that they will redshirt some guys. Is there a limit to players you can redshirt?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Question. How can a team be three recruits over the limit and expecting a couple more commits? Some are saying that they will redshirt some guys. Is there a limit to players you can redshirt?
Redshirts count towards the scholarship limit, which is 13 for MBB. Posey redshirted his first year, but counted towards the scholarship limit.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

So you're saying that our deep guard-heavy lineups will run circles around them and shoot lights out over them?

If all 3 of our "bigs" (Nana, Montavious, Jabrail) develop and make meaningful contributions, we could be great.
Jacks1989
Article from around a month ago. Mentions AJ and Kyle.

https://jucoweekly.org/sports/mbkb/2021-22/releases/20220419i3vuoo
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

Article from around a month ago. Mentions AJ and Kyle.

https://jucoweekly.org/sports/mbkb/2021-22/releases/20220419i3vuoo
"Hayman brings shooting prowess to the Longhorn State"? Longhorn State? Geezz...
No-look
Nice article. AJ averaged 19 points a game and not much of a shooter?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Nice article. AJ averaged 19 points a game and not much of a shooter?
Glad we'll get that "not much of a shooter" here in the Longhorn State.
No-look
May is almost gone and we still have a spot to fill. How rare is is to sign someone in June?
Jacks1989
This was from 2 weeks ago.

No-look
Didn't the "dead period" where coaches can't have any in person contact with players or their parents end yesterday?
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Didn't the "dead period" where coaches can't have any in person contact with players or their parents end yesterday?
The recruiting calendar can be confusing. I found this to be helpful.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/recruiting/calendar/2021-22/2021-22D1Rec_MBBRecruitingCalendar.pdf
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

No-look said:

The recruiting calendar can be confusing. I found this to be helpful.

https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/compliance/recruiting/calendar/2021-22/2021-22D1Rec_MBBRecruitingCalendar.pdf
I wonder how long it'll be before the NCAA throws all of this out to further their destruction of college athletics, continuing what they've started with the implementation of the transfer portal and NIL crapola.

Am I mad? Heck yeah, I'm mad, at the entire status of the NCAA these days. They've opened Pandora's box and can't close it now.

OK, off my soapbox.... (Sorry, 76. Had to rant...)
nacluth
I'm not mad at players getting paid or free transfers (though I do think both are problems the way they are being used), but I am upset that no one seems to have a decent plan with protecting schools equally or the students.

My takeaway is that everyone recognizes that greed has driven college sports for a long time letting a few exploit the system (mainly power 5 administrators and NCAA power brokers/TV execs) for ridiculous gains. This greed has resulted in players being used as pawns for others profit.

The solution so far has been to extend the greed to the players. This has not enfranchised them. This has allowed a small minority (mainly power 5 stud athletes and power 5 administrators) to share in the ridiculous gains.

The average athlete is still disenfranchised. The smaller institutions are having to fight over less money flow as it's now funneling quicker to the schools that can buy the top athletes. The more now have more. The less have less.

Telling a student that you now have entitlement to choose your own choices in a wild environment with no protection is turning out badly for those that think they have opportunities. The few isolated "success" stories seem to illustrate what all those still in the transfer portal will not find.
No-look
Is it just me or does this guy move like Day Day?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Is it just me or does this guy move like Day Day?
It's just you.

Yeah, tough near rhe basket. Very similar. Are the Jacks after him?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.