2022 NCAA MBB Recruiting - General Discussions

18,670 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks1989
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Committed to Houston. He missed out. Lol
No-look
We are officially in the month of June and lots of teams have filled their rosters. Anyone have an update? Murphy staying for sure? Last spot to fill? Saw where Daniel Rouzan hasn't signed with a team. Wonder if he's still on the radar?
BigJack85
No-look said:

We are officially in the month of June and lots of teams have filled their rosters. Anyone have an update? Murphy staying for sure? Last spot to fill? Saw where Daniel Rouzan hasn't signed with a team. Wonder if he's still on the radar?

We need answers!!! LOL.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks1989

Reggie Hill was ranked 97 in the Juco Recruiting Top 100.
8.4 ppg 6.9 rbg.

Just Committed to Northwestern State.

Coach K must be saving that last spot for something big.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Sources are saying that Drew Timme has decided to return to Gonzaga for another year.
nacluth
Darn. I thought he was our sleeper.
Jacks1989
Timme's mother went to SFA and played on the ladies tennis team.
Jacks1989
https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-basketball/transfer-portal-frontcourt-players-remaining/

Here is an article from 2 days ago talking about some big men still in the portal. Maybe we are looking at a couple of these guys?
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks1989 said:

https://www.gatorcountry.com/florida-gators-basketball/transfer-portal-frontcourt-players-remaining/

Here is an article from 2 days ago talking about some big men still in the portal. Maybe we are looking at a couple of these guys?

I appreciate your positive attitude, 89, but you may be hoping for a lost cause. Hope I'm wrong, though.
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Jacks1989 said:

I appreciate your positive attitude, 89, but you may be hoping for a lost cause. Hope I'm wrong, though.

When I talked to Keller at the roadshow, I felt like we had all the tools in place. Nana is going to have to step up. The guy from UOFH is going to have a huge impact. If Montavious is good we will be great.
Jacks1989
Yes, it might be a lost cause but I would be highly disappointed if the SFA staff isn't trying to land the top talent. They got Monty to commit and he is a stud. AJ has to be the best overall guard in the JUCO ranks. I watched probably 8 Indian River games this year. He is an absolute beasts at penetrating the lane and going to the rack. Point is we went after the best juco guard and got him. I still believe we are going to land another top talent. This process is just taking a lot longer than a lot of us would like.
No-look
This should be the deepest we've been in quality guards in a long time. Outside shooting should be better. Even the bigs we've signed shoot 40% or better from outside. Free throw percentage should go up. I'm assuming Montavious is staying?
Jacks1989
I think that is the million dollar question, Is Monty coming to Nac?

Jacks1989

I'm sure most of you have watched this.

Jalil is really impressive.

What stands out is he really moves well for his size. Nice hands when ball is thrown too him. He is real aggressive and can really bang a shot from the outside. Smooth shooting the ball. High energy guy. Always seemed like the biggest guy on the court. Just really impressed with him.
No-look
Jilil is a very good addition for sure. Should be a presence in the paint… I'm really anxious to watch Tezeno. Could be a big breakout year for him.
Jacks1989
I was at the Lamar game in Beaumont. Tezono had a huge game. 14 points. Really explosive. I believe had 2 slams.

I'm wondering if the kid from Univ Houston - Armbrister is the same type of player.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

I was at the Lamar game in Beaumont. Tezono had a huge game. 14 points. Really explosive. I believe had 2 slams.

I'm wondering if the kid from Univ Houston - Armbrister is the same type of player.

That's my thought. I haven't seen Armbrister in person. Just looked at some of the tape. They have similar lateral moves. Really quick first step.

I believe our defense is going to be one of Keller's best. We are going to be better from behind the arc. Maybe the D2 guy develops quickly. Murphy could be a better version of Calvin Solomon.
No-look
Noticed Daniel Rouzan still hasn't committed any where. He has three Mid Major offers. SFA being one of them. 6'8" from California. Wonder if we're still pursuing?
Jacks1989
Interesting. Found this on him. Top 25 in Max Preps

https://www.maxpreps.com/m/news/aK08mw2hBUyB1P2ClDlLrw/preseason-maxpreps-top-25-high-school-basketball-rankings-players-to-watch%2C-storylines-for-no-6-bishop-gorman.htm?amp=1
No-look
I'm thinking Posey was the last high schooler we recruited?
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

Tezeno.

This is currently the first class without a high school recruit.

HS kids are at an extreme disadvantage now with the transfer portal.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

Tezeno.

This is currently the first class without a high school recruit.

HS kids are at an extreme disadvantage now with the transfer portal.
Exactly. Transfer portal, NIL, and the Covid year still moving through the system.
No-look
Wonder if we are still in the mix?
Jacks1989
Did he just graduate from high school?
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

Did he just graduate from high school?
Yes. I saw where SFA is his dads alma mater. Not even sure if we are interested or have a spot left.
SFAXE93
Only see SFA, Alabama State, and Western Illinois offering so I would think so.
Jacks1989
Jacks1989
SFAXE93
Purple Heart must be SFA or Western Illinois
No-look
Solved that riddle Lol
SFAXE93
or Weber State LOL
No-look
I'm wondering now if we donated that last ship to a walk-on? Maybe we don't need another player? We look solid across the board as is. I do wish that the powers that be would be more transparent. Like an updated roster?
SFAXE93

F:#00 JALIL BEAUBRUN 6-9 (JR.)
F:#22 NANA ANTWI-BOASIAKO 6-9 (SO.)
F:#00 MONTAVIOUS MURPHY 6-9 (SO.)
F:#3 SADAIDRIENE HALL 6-5 (SO.)
G:#1 DERRICK TEZENO 6-5 (SO.)
G:#00 KYLE HAYMAN 6-5 (FR.)
G:#00 ROBBIE ARMBRESTER 6-4 (SO.)
G:#0 NIGEL HAWKINS 6-4 (SR.)
G:#23 ROTI WARE 6-3 (SR.)
G:#5 JAYLIN JACKSON-POSEY 6-2 (SO.)
G:#21 RUSSELL HYMAN 6-1 (JR.)
G:#00 AJ CAJUSTE 6-1 (JR.)
G:#10 LATRELL JOSSELL 5-11 (SO.)
wahlwesle
Looks pretty good to me.
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

F:#00 JALIL BEAUBRUN 6-9 (JR.)
F:#22 NANA ANTWI-BOASIAKO 6-9 (SO.)
F:#00 MONTAVIOUS MURPHY 6-9 (SO.)
F:#3 SADAIDRIENE HALL 6-5 (SO.)
G:#1 DERRICK TEZENO 6-5 (SO.)
G:#00 KYLE HAYMAN 6-5 (FR.)
G:#00 ROBBIE ARMBRESTER 6-4 (SO.)
G:#0 NIGEL HAWKINS 6-4 (SR.)
G:#23 ROTI WARE 6-3 (SR.)
G:#5 JAYLIN JACKSON-POSEY 6-2 (SO.)
G:#21 RUSSELL HYMAN 6-1 (JR.)
G:#00 AJ CAJUSTE 6-1 (JR.)
G:#10 LATRELL JOSSELL 5-11 (SO.)

We look to be as deep as ever at from 1-3. After that we need to get some solid development. The only big, that seems to be a sure bet is Murphy.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.