2022 Basketball Commits

28,448 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks4460
BigJack85
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SFAXE93 said:

6-9; 240 played at Southwest Baptist, where he started all 23 games last season averaging 12 points and 4 rebounds a game, hit 19 shots from three point range with 39 blocks..

He ain't Gavin Kensmil, yet….. LOL.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAXE93 said:

6-9; 240 played at Southwest Baptist, where he started all 23 games last season averaging 12 points and 4 rebounds a game, hit 19 shots from three point range with 39 blocks..
Based on the cherry-picked video, he's mobile, too. And a guy that size hitting threes is definitely eye-catching. I wonder what his shooting percentage was for those 19 threes.

EDIT: Looks like he hit 49% from the field, 42% from three, and 70% from the FT stripe.

Second Team All-Great Lakes Valley Conference and GLVC All-Defensive Team.
Jacks1989
He looks big! How many years does he have left? 2?
No-look
SFAXE93 said:

Looks bigger than 6-9
Yep. Looks like he's not timid around the bucket. Big presence with a nice outside shot form
TallTexan
42% from 3 will really stretch the floor if we're running the sets with the big at the top of the key.
BigJack85
TallTexan said:

42% from 3 will really stretch the floor if we're running the sets with the big at the top of the key.

The team he played for (SW Baptist) was a solid squad last year, 21-6. Jalil was a consistent contributor. That's a good sign in my mind.
No-look
Now we need a 6'10" to help fill the roster. How many spots left?
Jacks1989
Yes, we need one more good big man. Plus it would be really nice to some how get Calvin back.
No-look
nacluth
Well if he picks Vermont over SFA…
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

"Tell me" or "Tells me"? Big difference.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

No-look said:

Dannie Smith?
Dannie Smith signed, I haven't seen anything that suggests he got out of his LOI. He still has it pinned on his Twitter (although he hasn't been active since then). Verbal Commits still shows him as signed too.
saw where he was ranked #38 in the early juco rankings and in the final rankings he wasn't mentioned. Wonder if he finished the year at NMJC? Didn't see his name on the roster???
And …
No-look
Well, that answers a few things
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Well, that answers a few things

"a chance at any level"? Didn't we give him a chance at the D-1 level?? Just guessing, but maybe his departure was not of his own free will...
Jacks1989
Let's just go sign Linton Brown to replace Dannie and then get 2 more big men. Hopefully we can get Monty to re-committ.
No-look
Anyone know how many spots that are actually available? Will Nigel be back?
SFAJack_76
Jacks1989 said:

Let's just go sign Linton Brown to replace Dannie and then get 2 more big men. Hopefully we can get Monty to re-committ.
Did Monty leave, or did we invite him to leave?
BigJack85
No-look said:

Anyone know how many spots that are actually available? Will Nigel be back?

I thought Nigel had one more of eligibility. Not sure
Jacks4460
Monty was invited to leave..
No-look
Jacks4460 said:

That little love fest didn't last very long
nacluth
It seemed like Hawkins was done. Maybe more the body than the will.
No-look
nacluth said:

It seemed like Hawkins was done. Maybe more the body than the will.
I was thinking that. Had some on going ailments most of the year. Wish him well either way.
Jacks4460
Lol no doubt..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

Keller had just praised him a bit on Twitter, then the next thing you know, he's gone. I have a pretty good idea about what must have happened... Something that Keller absolutely won't tolerate.
No-look
I know there's a lot that goes on behind the scenes with recruiting that shouldn't be aired but seems there's not enough transparency at times…Dannie Smith for example. He's probably been off the radar for months and I was thinking he was good because of his twitter page. And Keller hasn't called me once for advice…
Jacks1989
So is Nigel done playing or is he playing next year? Really not sure from remarks made from previous conversation. Thanks
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

And Keller hasn't called me once for advice…
Now, this I absolutely don't understand!
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

So is Nigel done playing or is he playing next year? Really not sure from remarks made from previous conversation. Thanks

I hope we get him next year. If for anything, a solid off the bench option. Depending on the opposition, he could get the start
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

And Keller hasn't called me once for advice…
Now, this I absolutely don't understand!
Right. I don't understand
No-look
Neat interview with AJ. Audio on the interviewer is somewhat sketchy but good overall.
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Neat interview with AJ. Audio on the interviewer is somewhat sketchy but good overall.

I wouldn't be surprised if AJ is in the starting lineup when the season kicks off. He's going to be that good right out of the shute!
No-look
With Calvin for sure gone that leaves three spots to fill if my math is correct. I'm thinking we need a couple more bigs and another shooter???
Jacks1989
Kyle Hayman one of our Juco signees out of Hinds was 2nd Team All Conference. He averaged 15.8 ppg in 25 games. What is really interesting is 2nd half of his year.

His last 10 games he averaged 19.8 ppg

His last 5 games he averaged 22.4 ppg.

In comparison, AJ Cajuste averaged 19.5 ppg this year.

Linton Brown averaged 18.4 ppg his last year at Indian River.

Kyle smoked it his last 10 games. He played at the level of a Juco All American.

https://www.njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2020-21/div1/players/kylehayman8zq4?view=gamelog&pos=sh
Jacks1989
Interesting prospect in portal.
Gerald Liddell - Alabama St. 6'8" 205. 10.2 ppg, 5.6 rbg
Played 3 years at Texas. From Cibolo

https://247sports.com/Article/Gerald-Liddell-transfer-portal-Alabama-State-basketball-former-Texas-transfer-Top-50-recruit-2018-recruiting-class-184099227/Amp/
Jacks4460
We need to go after this one…

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.