2022 Basketball Commits

28,317 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks4460
PurpleOut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Staff
Allen Mukeba, 6'7 SF from Colby Community College in Kansas.

PurpleOut
Staff
SFAJack_76
Early signing period for basketball is November 10-17.
nacluth
Nice first pick up!
SFA Jack Fanatic
From Belgium. 6'8" 235. Played for Belgium in the U18 European Championships. Big body but one cherry-picked video shows that he can hit from beyond the arc. "Built like Zion Williamson". In last week's Colby CC game against Air Force Prep he had 23 points on 9-11 shooting, with 11 rebounds, and also hit a three.

Prephoops.com: "Mukeba has good size and length. He's a bit of a combo forward who can play on the wings and play in the paint. Solid guard-like skills. He's aggressive and looks for his shot, doesn't hesitate."

I always wonder how our coaches find these guys...
TallTexan
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

From Belgium. 6'8" 235. Played for Belgium in the U18 European Championships. Big body but one cherry-picked video shows that he can hit from beyond the arc. "Built like Zion Williamson". In last week's Colby CC game against Air Force Prep he had 23 points on 9-11 shooting, with 11 rebounds, and also hit a three.

Prephoops.com: "Mukeba has good size and length. He's a bit of a combo forward who can play on the wings and play in the paint. Solid guard-like skills. He's aggressive and looks for his shot, doesn't hesitate."

I always wonder how our coaches find these guys...

I'm not sure but they must keep it a secret even in the athletic department or else Coach Carthel would have stole himself some All American tight ends.

Like a Kensmil starter kit here.
SFA Jack Fanatic
We shall see if he is familiar with the word "defense". If not, Coach K will address that deficiency real quick.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Early signing period for basketball is November 10-17.

November 10 is getting close. I wonder if we'll pull any more rabbits out of the hat during the early signing period.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut
Staff
Nice, looks like he's traveled around the JUCO ranks due to COVID.

Gotta be honest, just based on one video, he moves like Kevon. Big body.

SFA Jack Fanatic
PurpleOut said:

Gotta be honest, just based on one video, he moves like Kevon. Big body.

Agree. If he's half the player that Kevon was, it'll be a good get.
SFAXE93
I bet that's what the coaches thought as well.
"History has no rubbish heap." Louis Blake Duff
SFA Jack Fanatic
I know there's a few more days left in the signing period, but I sure would like to see Mukeba's name on a LOI.
SFA Jack Fanatic
It appears that Coach K has just about decided to go all-in on signing JUCO's rather than HS players. Guess he's decided that he's seen too many freshmen walk out the door for various reasons since he's been here.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I know there's a few more days left in the signing period, but I sure would like to see Mukeba's name on a LOI.
Since today is the last day of the early period, it doesn't look good. I don't see anything on his Twitter timeline or profile that says he committed. Don't know if it ever did.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

Since today is the last day of the early period, it doesn't look good. I don't see anything on his Twitter timeline or profile that says he committed. Don't know if it ever did.

I guess he spit the hook. Oh, well. Lots of other fish in the sea for Spring signing.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

From Ellenwood GA. That sounds mighty familiar! Hope he's as good as the previous fellow. Wonder if Kevon had anything to do with this.

4-star recruit by ESPN and 3-star by 247 Sports. Ranked as GA's 6th best recruit out of HS and as the overall #143 recruit and #22 point guard in America by Rivals. Also offered by Alabama, Georgia, Georgia Tech, James Madison, Winthrop, Troy, and Ole Miss. Georgia HS All-Stater.

Played only three games for Vandy, scoring 9 points, grabbing 11 rebounds, and dishing 4 assists.
SFAJack_76
""He's just a young kid coming to college for the first time," Stackhouse said Oct. 27. "Had to put him on punishment a little bit, but he's good. ... We're teaching them how to be the young men and be responsible and be where he's supposed to be on time and do all those types of things. He's learning and he's getting better, but he'll be back with us soon."

I'm sure there were some real discussions, but if he doesn't follow the rules, he won't play for Keller very long. Smith recruited him.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/11/19/peyton-daniels-transfer-portal-vanderbilt-basketball/8682837002/

Is he immediately eligible?
SFAXE93
The portal says he is immediate on the eligibility.
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

""He's just a young kid coming to college for the first time," Stackhouse said Oct. 27. "Had to put him on punishment a little bit, but he's good. ... We're teaching them how to be the young men and be responsible and be where he's supposed to be on time and do all those types of things. He's learning and he's getting better, but he'll be back with us soon."

I'm sure there were some real discussions, but if he doesn't follow the rules, he won't play for Keller very long. Smith recruited him.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/vanderbilt/2021/11/19/peyton-daniels-transfer-portal-vanderbilt-basketball/8682837002/

As you say, I'm sure that Keller read him the riot act before coming on board. This situation will be interesting to follow. We've had a couple of guys like that since Keller got here that didn't work out. But with the one-time transfer rule, Daniels has to know this is his last chance to play college ball, so hopefully he'll shape up.
Ljacks&Longnecks
I would imagine that a big selling point to Daniels was that SFA needs a PG for the immediate future. With Kachelries in his last season the PG cupboard is bare. So...if Daniels is willing to buy in with Keller and if he plays up to the recruiting hype then he certainly could be the man at PG for the next few years.
It would be nice to transition from Kachelries to Daniels and not miss a beat at PG. It's in Daniels's hands now to make it so.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

As you say, I'm sure that Keller read him the riot act before coming on board. This situation will be interesting to follow. We've had a couple of guys like that since Keller got here that didn't work out. But with the one-time transfer rule, Daniels has to know this is his last chance to play college ball, so hopefully he'll shape up.
It's not his last chance. Like many others, he could go Juco for a year, show he can take care of business, then get a solid D1 school.
SFAJack_76
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

I would imagine that a big selling point to Daniels was that SFA needs a PG for the immediate future. With Kachelries in his last season the PG cupboard is bare. So...if Daniels is willing to buy in with Keller and if he plays up to the recruiting hype then he certainly could be the man at PG for the next few years.
It would be nice to transition from Kachelries to Daniels and not miss a beat at PG. It's in Daniels's hands now to make it so.
Jackson-Posey?
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Ljacks&Longnecks said:

Jackson-Posey?
I'd love to get back to having 2 solids guards for our style of play. Posey/Daniels could be a heck of a tandem.
PurpleOut
Staff
For all we know he just missed curfew or something and elected to transfer on his own. Seems like a good kid, and a really good player from what I can see.
No-look
Does immediate eligibility mean right now?
PurpleOut
Staff
He could transfer now and be here for the Spring semester and participate in practice, but not play until the Fall.
nacluth
Seems like a nice pick up.
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Averaging 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 9 assists through 16 games for Indian River, ranked #12 in national JUCO ranks. PG from Boca Raton, FL. Co-MVP of the Florida vs. Georgia JUCO Thanksgiving Classic this year,

#69 player on the JUCORecruiting.com Top 100 Player Rankings for the 2022 class. Those rankings are based on production at the JUCO level and the player's projected performance at the next level.

Was named the NJCAA D1 National Player of the Week in the first week of December.
No-look
Impressive
SFAJack_76
2.3 assist to turnover ratio for a PG is impressive.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Averaging 17 points, 4 rebounds, and 9 assists through 16 games for Indian River, ranked #12 in national JUCO ranks. PG from Boca Raton, FL. Co-MVP of the Florida vs. Georgia JUCO Thanksgiving Classic this year,

#69 player on the JUCORecruiting.com Top 100 Player Rankings for the 2022 class. Those rankings are based on production at the JUCO level and the player's projected performance at the next level.

Was named the NJCAA D1 National Player of the Week in the first week of December.
Also ranked #5 point guard in the JUCO world according to some. Serious good get
SFAXE93

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.