2022 Basketball Commits

28,500 Views | 195 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Jacks4460
nacluth
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Personally I have no idea. Others here have said he is, and he wasn't honored at Senior Day which makes me think that he's not planning on leaving.
No-look
Dannie Smith?
nacluth
Haven't heard a peep.
TallTexan
I believe that the 5th year Covid season doesn't count against the scholarship cap. Not sure how Roti's status would line up with that if he's on a medical redshirt.

I was thinking this would be Solomon's 5th season, but I was a year off. We could potentially have him for the next 2 seasons.
PurpleOut
Staff
No-look said:

Dannie Smith?
Dannie Smith signed, I haven't seen anything that suggests he got out of his LOI. He still has it pinned on his Twitter (although he hasn't been active since then). Verbal Commits still shows him as signed too.
SFA Jack Fanatic
TallTexan said:

Roti would need a medical redshirt right?

Will they approve that for an injury 10 games into the season?
4460 said a while back that he had a redshirt approved. Don't know if that was fact or 4460's assumption..
SFA Jack Fanatic
AJ Cajuste will be on campus this week! Show him some love if you see him!
sfa17
BigJack85
sfa17 said:

We gonna run a 4 guard offense.
No-look
Works for St Peters. Lol
No-look
All I want to know is can he hit free throws and a three.
BigJack85
No-look said:

Works for St Peters. Lol

True dat !
SFA Jack Fanatic
15.8 PPG,
45.1 FG %, (151 of 335)
42.9 3 PT %, (51 of 119)
69.5 FT %,
4.7 RPG,
1.6 APG

Seven games of 20+ points. Named to Second Team All-Mississippi Association of Community Colleges Conference (MACCC). Played on a 10-15 team at Hines. From Monroe, LA.

Nice shooting percentages, especially from behind the arc (43%). Could he be a reliable shooting guard we need?
No-look
Good shooting stats. Hopefully he's a good defender. Good length
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

Good shooting stats. Hopefully he's a good defender. Good length
Yeah, but we need a Big or two!
No-look
Here's some more love for AJ. Saw where he's ranked #48 overall in the final juco rankings. I'm guessing top 10 in the point guard section.
SFAXE93
He can't wait to be a lumberjack!

No-look
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

K State transfer. Is he healthy? Can he stay healthy? Very good get if he is.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic
I'm literally shaking with excitement! He is really mobile for a big guy. Will we get at least one more Big?
BigJack85
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

I'm literally shaking with excitement! He is really mobile for a big guy. Will we get at least one more Big?

One more , please.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Started 16 games as a true freshman, the most ever started by a true freshman at K-State. Had three double-digit scoring games as a freshman. Coming out of HS, RCS Sports had him rated as the #1 player in the Houston area, and he was rated as the #30 power forward nationally by Rivals and #33 nationally by ESPN and 247 Sports. Played three years at Klein Collins HS and his final year at Concordia Lutheran in Tomball. Averaged 19 ppg across his last two years of HS ball.

Also had offers from A&M, Tulsa, Houston, SMU, VCU, and Florida Gulf Coast.

But as 76 alluded to, he has been slowed by injuries since then, including having knee surgery in his sophomore year at K-State. He received a medical redshirt for that, so he should have three years of eligibility left. I assume that Coach K and staff feel he is healthy and will be ready to compete again this Fall. Fingers and toes crossed.
LUMBERJACK2005
Announced his transfer from Kansas State July 2021. So he was just at home all of last season?
SFA Jack Fanatic
LUMBERJACK2005 said:

Announced his transfer from Kansas State July 2021. So he was just at home all of last season?
In rehab from his knee surgery. Don't know if that happened at home or elsewhere.
BigJack85
Looks like a robust version of Calvin Solomon. A little more height and girth. If he can play defense, he should fit instantly. I can imagine Nana and Murphy being a solid big combo, when we go that route.
SFA Jack Fanatic
"Looks like a robust version of Calvin Solomon. A little more height and girth."

Yeah. Weighs in at about 230 pounds now. (Weighed 190 coming out of high school.) We'll wait and see if he still carries that much weight after 18 months of rehab and no competitive ball. The info that I read said that his defense and shot-blocking were excellent in high school.
SFAXE93
BigJack85
SFAXE93 said:

If this guy is as good as advertised (out of high school) we could have a real "saucy" lineup.
SFA Jack Fanatic
BigJack85 said:

If this guy is as good as advertised (out of high school) we could have a real "saucy" lineup.

IF his knee problems are over. The K-State coach was extremely high on him while he was healthy.
No-look
No-look
Where's the ink? I'm assuming all our commits have. Signed?
SFAXE93
nacluth
Offered and signed? Or just offered?
SFAXE93
It says offered, committed, signed. Press the blue button

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.