2023 Basketball Offers

25,936 Views | 237 Replies | Last: 10 mo ago by SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How many scholarships is available as of now?
Jacks1989
Seniors leaving are Roti and Hawk. Plus Monty and Posey.

That's 4 scholarships. We have Southwick and Christmas coming in.

We have 2 left to fill. That's my guess.
BigJack85
Jacks1989 said:

I would assume that is the lineup as of now. Don't forget that last year Coach brought in 2 big school transfers. Monty and Robbie. 2 years ago Coach brought in Latrell and Aku plus a mid season transfer Payton Daniel's. All from big schools. 2 worked out, the others didn't. It want surprise me if he brings some more transfers in.

Ya. Agree. Seems like we've had some recent success in the JUCO market. Cajuste. A transfer big, would give us some tools to work with.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
No-look
SFAXE93
OK, TVCC was better than their record indicated as they had to forfeit most of their wins at the beginning of the season..

Their record would be 22-10 if not for the forfeits and they have won 10 of their last 11 with their last loss at Panola 59-88 in mid Feb.

SFAXE93
Christmas gets the double double playing 40:25 going 4 of 9 for 10 points and 13 rebounds.
Salatchoum started but only played 6:42 going 1 for 1 for 3 points and 2 rebounds.
Jacks1989
Transfer Portal Opens Tomorrow

PurpleOut
Staff
We're after Langston Wilson from Washington. Didn't play much, but a former 6-9 4-star and #2 ranked JUCO product.
SFAJack_76
PurpleOut said:

We're after Langston Wilson from Washington. Didn't play much, but a former 6-9 4-star and #2 ranked JUCO product.
BigJack85
PurpleOut said:

That would be positive….
No-look
BigJack85 said:

PurpleOut said:

That would be positive….
if he can score, defend and make free throws Lol
No-look
Jacks1989 said:

. Looking at the roster, with Roti and Nigel gone we have eight on scholarship. Is 13 the max we can have? Two of those spots are committed. So we have three left???
PurpleOut
Staff
Slightly off topic since these aren't official offers, but we're also after a 4-year PG from Hampton. This is a nice account that I haven't seen until today:

SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Jacks1989 said:

. Looking at the roster, with Roti and Nigel gone we have eight on scholarship. Is 13 the max we can have? Two of those spots are committed. So we have three left???
13 max for men is correct.
SFAJack_76
Today is the first time for me to see that account also. Anyone that refers to us as SFA gets my follow.
No-look
PurpleOut said:

. 1.7 ppg , 1.9 rebounds and 0.3 blocks Would those numbers go up at a mid major? Would he be the go-to big?
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

. 1.7 ppg , 1.9 rebounds and 0.3 blocks Would those numbers go up at a mid major? Would he be the go-to big?
Not great numbers, but how many minutes per game did he have?
Jacks4460
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

No-Look he would be our go to big.. Not sure what really happend to him at Washington.. He can jump and and run and has some serious length..
Jacks1989
I saw this kid play a number of times. Would love to pair him up with Latrell and AJ. He is one heck of a player.

Jacks1989
Here's an interesting prospect that just hit the portal.

Johnny O'Neil - American University- Forward
6'9" 200 lbs
11.3 points 6.6 rebounds 44.7 fg%

Dallas Cameron coached him at American before he came to SFA.

No-look
PurpleOut said:

Wondering if we're still actively pursuing him and what other players are we hard after? I responded to several of his tweets but he hasn't liked any of them. Lol
SFA Jack Fanatic
No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

Wondering if we're still actively pursuing him and what other players are we hard after? I responded to several of his tweets but he hasn't liked any of them. Lol

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. Wondering and worrying about who our future Jacks might be. If it's this bad for me it must be 50X worse for Coach K and the SFA coaching staff.
No-look
Right.
No-look
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

I have a love/hate relationship with this time of year. Wondering and worrying about who our future Jacks might be. If it's this bad for me it must be 50X worse for Coach K and the SFA coaching staff.
just looking at a couple rosters for next year Grand Canyon doesn't lose any starters and Utah Valley loses one assuming they stay. Recruiting is very critical this year for the jacks
Jacks1989
Cal Baptist best player Taran Armstrong just hit the portal.
SFAXE93

F Juhlawnei Stone 6-7; 235 (Jr.)

commits to the Jacks

- Graduated from Dobson High School in Mesa, Ariz., in 2020... Was a three-time All-Region First-Team selection... Named Region Player of the Year.

2022-23

Played in 25 games, FG: 34 of 57 (.596) 85 points (3.4 a game) FT: 17 of 31 (.548) 49 Rebounds, 10 Blocks.
Had a season high 9 rebounds at SFA.

2021-22

Played in 28 games while making one start as a freshman for the Lancers... Named TicketSmarter Western Athletic Conference Freshman of the Week after averaging 7.5 rebounds, 4.5 rebounds, and 1.0 blocks per games for the week of Jan. 17, 2022... Recorded a career-high 12 points twice on the season against San Diego Christian and Middle Tennessee... Grabbed a career-high six rebounds in five different contests...

SFAXE93

BigJack85
No-look said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

No-look said:

PurpleOut said:

just looking at a couple rosters for next year Grand Canyon doesn't lose any starters and Utah Valley loses one assuming they stay. Recruiting is very critical this year for the jacks

I think UVU ends up losing more than 1-2.
BigJack85
Is Mekhi Cameron still in play? Big guard
SFAXE93
BigJack85
Sawmill Folk,

A personal friend of mine's, son played for TAMU CC and then transferred to North American University (played against SFA this fall) is looking to transfer. Any idea if Keller and company would be looking for a 6'7" SF? Leading scorer on his team.
SFAXE93
No-look
nacluth
He was a good player. Doesn't particularly fill a big role, so come on 7 footers.
No-look
nacluth said:

He was a good player. Doesn't particularly fill a big role, so come on 7 footers.
. Nice addition. Got some length and can score…Now what we are missing is that big rim protector that can rebound and score Which is a must.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.