2019 Basketball Offers

217,428 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
CertifiedAxeman98
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Keep in mind this coaching staff doesn't say anything about people leaving. If someone is not able to qualify or leaves you have to talk to the player probably to know what is going on. Very Belichick
purplitis72
Not a Belichik fan.
Pilotgirl
Not a Belichick fan but he loves his dog, so there's that.
purplitis72
Coach Keller or Belichick? I love my dog also but she is in the process of dying. Don't know whether she will make it through this night. She's almost 16. Very sad. I'm going to get back on subject. Have all the players that have committed officially signed?
Pilotgirl
purplitis72 said:

Coach Keller or Belichick? I love my dog also but she is in the process of dying. Don't know whether she will make it through this night. She's almost 16. Very sad. I'm going to get back on subject. Have all the players that have committed officially signed?

Uhhh..Belichick...lol

I am usually a pretty optimistic poster/Sawmiller. Plus, I was deemed the "Fan of the Year" by Fanactic & Texan so wear my invisible crown with pride. Will keep putting miles on car to away/home games so I can retain my "title. "
djsfw57
Pilotgirl said:

purplitis72 said:

Uhhh..Belichick...lol

I am usually a pretty optimistic poster/Sawmiller. Plus, I was deemed the "Fan of the Year" by Fanactic & Texan so wear my invisible crown with pride. Will keep putting miles on car to away/home games so I can retain my "title. "
And you absolutely deserve that title. I wish I lived close enough to make some games, but at least I got to watch the Ladyjack Bowling Team win a national championship in person! I'm still flying high over that. Wish I could relive it.
Pilotgirl
Lol I love fo travel and watch games so not a chore. Won't be able to do weekday games because I'm moving to Houston but plan to do weekend games.

How awesome that you were able to watch the Ladies win their chamoionship in person! I watched some at work & then the championship at home. Super fun! But I was anxious the entire time...don't know how those girls do it
PurpleOut
Staff
wahlwesle said:

PurpleOut said:

Again I mentioned the other day, that over-signing is a popular aspect of recruiting. We've done it before.

I feel this is a terrible practice. Sure, I get why they do it, but a kid's college career should be about education first. A kid may think he's got his education taken care of, and then all of a sudden his funding gets taken away unexpectedly and he's left with nowhere to go. If a scholarship isn't going to be renewed, the coach should tell the kid soon enough so that he has time to figure something else out, not after everybody else's rosters are full too.

Not disagreeing, but it also can be different and on purpose for different reasons. Over signing can simply be because you know someone else is leaving after the semester...which the player would be aware of too.
wahlwesle
If a player knew they were leaving at the end of the semester, why wouldn't they have already gotten a release from the school and entered the transfer portal? Assuming they are choosing to continue to play basketball somewhere.
CertifiedAxeman98
Probably should have used Bill O'Brian as my example of tight lipped coaches. He has made it to the playoffs but never advanced.
Pilotgirl
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Probably should have used Bill O'Brian as my example of tight lipped coaches. He has made it to the playoffs but never advanced.

Must you remind me, Axeman?! THIS YEAR (maybe)...
sfa17
wahlwesle said:

If a player knew they were leaving at the end of the semester, why wouldn't they have already gotten a release from the school and entered the transfer portal? Assuming they are choosing to continue to play basketball somewhere.
Most players know they are leaving, it is up to them to announce it. Maybe they already have a team to transfer to but just haven't announced it. Jock announced he was leaving and then was at prairie view like a day later..
CertifiedAxeman98
Pilotgirl said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

O'Brien has been the coach of the Texans since 2014 and we still don't know if he is a good coach or not right?
CertifiedAxeman98
sfa17 said:

wahlwesle said:

Most players know they are leaving, it is up to them to announce it. Maybe they already have a team to transfer to but just haven't announced it. Jock announced he was leaving and then was at prairie view like a day later..
Agreed. Anyone remember when Fisher decided to transfer last year? Seems like it was later than this. They then signed Walker.
purplitis72
Men's Basketball
6/29/2018
SFA Adds Louisiana Prep Star Oddyst Walker to Complete 2018-19 Class

Pretty sure that Fischer was long gone before Walker signed.

Mens basketball
5/9/2018
Former Stephen F. Austin F Stefon Fisher is transferring to Trinity Valley CC (JUCO). @steffish5 [url=https://t.co/9qBXkPAMBY][/url]http://verbalcommits.com/players/stefon-fisher
Pilotgirl
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Pilotgirl said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

O'Brien has been the coach of the Texans since 2014 and we still don't know if he is a good coach or not right?

Yup. Hoping the new OC will help...I made an NFL topic on the Pro forum awhile back. Always ready to talk Texans!
CertifiedAxeman98
There are guys that were well recruited like Jordan Wright & Jourdan Smith that have yet to commit or sign. Seems odd to me that they would not have something nailed down by now. I know that some offers are taken off the table and sites like Verbal commits are not in the loop on. I am sure there is a reason but seems like schools like ours are done with recruiting 2019 kids and have moved on to 2020 kids so they are limiting their options by waiting so long. I get that they would want to wait some and not take the first offer but if you wait too long you are going to miss out on some really good offers. I am sure that several offers are now off the table unless something happens with a recruit that signed an LOI.
purplitis72
Right now it appears that the most scholarships that we will have to offer in 2020 is three. We can afford to go after high profile recruits in 2020. We can also be very focused on 2021 recruits when we will need lots of em.
sfa17
I think jourdan smith is going to a Post Graduate Academy. Maybe he had grade issues or all his offers are off the table. but i doubt he has no offers still open since 247 has him as a 3 star recruit and #138 in the Nation. He had offers from SMU us and OU. So I'm leaning towards grade issues.

Idk about Jordan Wright but i also think it is not a issue with no longer having offers. For example Chris Harris Jr. (former aggies commit) recently decomitted and had offers for OkState, Tech and etc

Waiting hurts unranked or lower recruits but for top 150 players you should still be able to get good offers.
SFAJack_76
Harris signed with Oklahoma State. FYI
sfa17
yeah, Coach Boynton has been getting some top level recruits especially from the state of texas
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

Harris signed with Oklahoma State. FYI
Mild panic.... checks posts....Crisis averted.
purplitis72
Didn't someone recently post that the deadline for scholastic issues regarding Loi's was April 20?
SfaFan15
How is playing for a post grad academy different than playing at a juco? It doesn't seem like it does anything in terns of counting towards eligibility. Is there any academic side to it or do kids just go there and play basketball for a year while taking that time off from school?

I noticed Kensmil went that route, but I'm not super clear on what playing at an academy entails.
purplitis72
If I am not mistaken, prep school is just another year of high school and doesn't count as a year of eligibility.
sfa17
purplitis72 said:

If I am not mistaken, prep school is just another year of high school and doesn't count as a year of eligibility.
no it doesnt count. Some people us it to get better instead of going to Juco and losing eligibility. The last couple of seasons a few top recruits have used it to bypass college(Anfernee Simons) The NBA only require one year gap between graduation and the NBA. You dont have to go to college (contrary to popular belief)
purplitis72
Those prep schools give scholarships and they also recruit.
sfa17

Just posted a few minuets ago
CertifiedAxeman98
Vandy has a new coach in Jerry Stackhouse and they could use some guards. Also, he could play with Scotty Pippen Jr. there.
SFAJack_76
Well, we will get to see him play.
TallTexan
Did not expect that.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Did not expect that.
Lamar was his only official visit.
No-look
TallTexan said:

Did not expect that.
Me either. I was thinking he would go for a larger school.
Pilotgirl
Lamar? Really? I really can't think of a nice thing to say so zipping it now.
No-look
One ranking has Kopp just one ahead of Hart. Hate to see Kopp go to the Southland.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.