2019 Basketball Offers

219,294 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
Jacks4460
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Early signing period starts a week from today 11/14/18. It would be great if the verbal commits could come to Nac for the Battle of Chief Caddo on Thursday and do their signing there. Probably doesn't work in the middle of the school year on a week night.

HS Basketball season has already started and Thurs-Fri-Sat are tournament days so getting them there would be hard unless there is jet involved which I know we have access too... Good idea tho..
CertifiedAxeman98
Jacks4460 said:

CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Early signing period starts a week from today 11/14/18. It would be great if the verbal commits could come to Nac for the Battle of Chief Caddo on Thursday and do their signing there. Probably doesn't work in the middle of the school year on a week night.

HS Basketball season has already started and Thurs-Fri-Sat are tournament days so getting them there would be hard unless there is jet involved which I know we have access too... Good idea tho..
I figured that was the case. I think marketing across programs should be done when we can. When we had Chief Caddo one year they put him in the Coliseum as you walk in at a basketball game against NSU. Hope to get him back this year but not optimistic with the way the season has been going.
SFAJack_76
Are we still recruiting this guy? He was 14-19 last night with six rebounds.

SFAJack_76
Don't know if we were still recruiting Keaston Willis, but if we were, he's gone.

Has anyone heard anything about 2019 recruiting? If everyone that is eligible comes back, there is still one open scholarship.

No-look
Whoever were after I hope they can play the one and two.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

Whoever were after I hope they can play the one and two.
Agree. Prefer a one, but would be okay with a combo.
TallTexan
Supposing everyone who can comes back, we're going to lose a lot after next year.

TJ, Comeaux, Augustin, Kevon, Bain, Nemininen, & Ruiz!

Granted, Samazha, Duece, Mitch, Nicholas, & Pope should make a formidable rotation for 2020/2021, but we're gonna have some huge gaps to fill.
SFAJack_76
TallTexan said:

Supposing everyone who can comes back, we're going to lose a lot after next year.

Granted, Samazha, Duece, Mitch, Nicholas, & Pope should make a formidable rotation for 2020/2021, but we're gonna have some huge gaps to fill.
You left Cole and Walton off your list of juniors. No respect.
nacluth
Ill give some respect to Cole since he's the first walk-on in a while to make it two years.
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

TallTexan said:

You left Cole and Walton off your list of juniors. No respect.

I was assuming they redshirt lol!
SFAJack_76
nacluth said:

Ill give some respect to Cole since he's the first walk-on in a while to make it two years.
Walton was on the roster last year also.
nacluth
Despite the weirdness of the Jacks website on their roster page. Harrison Perkins was their second walk-on. Unless he never made the roster and was truly practice squad, I don't think Aaron was with the team last year.
sfa17
I remember posting about kaden Archie. He had some huge P5 offers. We offered before his recruitment blow up. Transferring halfway through the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Freshman-forward-Kaden-Archie-has-left-TCUs-basketball-program-127352412/Amp/
No-look
Trying to find info on our incoming players for next year. Looks like Hart is having a good year but can't find anything on Pope? Also wondering who else they are looking at for the last spot?
PurpleForever
Jacks4460
No-look said:

Trying to find info on our incoming players for next year. Looks like Hart is having a good year but can't find anything on Pope? Also wondering who else they are looking at for the last spot?
I went and saw Sama Zha play saturday afternoon and dude is a man amongst boys.. Only scored 14 because his coach sub alot of players in.. Saw him get a defensive rebound and dribble through 3 players leading to a dunk that looked like Serrille.. Kid is special and has a great big smile.. ALways smiling,always encouraging his teammates,always looks like he is in such a good mood.. he will be special..
PurpleOut
Staff
PurpleForever said:

I think Kopp would be a solid addition. He's got a great shooting touch, with some good overall skill, while still having a ton of room to develop.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

PurpleForever said:

I think Kopp would be a solid addition. He's got a great shooting touch, with some good overall skill, while still having a ton of room to develop.
I agree with you Purple my St Thomas connections tell me that mom and dad might be looking for a bigger academic footprint one brother is at Vandy and one at Northwestern.. I promise our St Thomas families that are SFA grads are pushing him our way...He does have genuine interest in our program and can shoot the 3 which we need... Reminds me of a very young Thomas...
No-look
Any buzz about who we are pursuing? Need a couple point guards that can produce triple doubles. Right? Or has Duke and Kansas got them locked up?
cboothe09
Any chance Brandon Rachel pops back up on our radar?
PurpleOut
Staff
cboothe09 said:

I'd be curious there as well. He's killing it right now at Pearl River CC. He's averaging 15 PPG, 9 RPG and 3 APG.......but in just under 11 minutes per game. They're 18-1 and seem to have a very deep team who all play a lot.
Jacks4460
PurpleOut said:

cboothe09 said:

I'd be curious there as well. He's killing it right now at Pearl River CC. He's averaging 15 PPG, 9 RPG and 3 APG.......but in just under 11 minutes per game. They're 18-1 and seem to have a very deep team who all play a lot.
Keller cant coach a kid like Brandon.. In the same mold as Cam Mack,Aaron,Karl,Mitch... We are going back to recruting no name guys like Kasper... Just win the Southland and stop worrying about non conference wins...
nacluth
I don't know what those four names have in common besides three of them not being here any more. It doesn't seem like a personality type. It seemed like Cam didn't want the pressure of running the offense and wanted a redshirt. Aaron is a multi year veteran of the team who has always been a rock solid teammate. He definitely was developed from his beginning to being a good floor general. Karl was the only one that seemed like the selfish talent with a bad attitude. Mitch is still here, and while he may have struggled through a rough freshman season, he's definitely learning the offense and hopefully will be around to grow to an elite defender.

I don't think there's a type for JUCO guys. Some need to grow up, some need the positive strokes, some need to get away from the pressure of being the man. So far, Keller has done great with his JUCO players: Canete, Gilmore, Bogues, Comeaux. I think Traylor has been the only JUCO bust. That's not to say Rachal is Jacks material. I just think there's a whole lot of cynicism in what Keller can coach when I don't see the correlation between any of the before mentioned players.
TallTexan
We've definitely had good JUCOs.
Ljacks&Longnecks
4460, So what evidence can you offer to say Keller can't coach certain kids?
Karl seemed to possess a bad attitude towards being told what to do from what I can infer from these pages....Mack seemed to have his own agenda and plans.....Aaron went through a tough freshman season learning the game here then came on very strong as a sophomore, then did something to get himself removed from the team....seems he should have known better after 2+ seasons and having come so far.....and Mitch is still here, maybe he stays maybe not...
There are plenty of programs out there with a win at all cost attitude and they can have the hard heads and the spoiled guys that only want their way, not what we need or want here.
As Keller has a great rep as a recruiter, I'm pretty sure he has recruited many "inner city" kids along the way though granted he was not the head coach.

As for who we recruit, I want guys who know that TEAM has to come first here at SFA if you want to win titles and get to the NCAA each year. Personally I don't care if they are 4 star or 1/2 star if they can and are willing to be part of a program that wants to expand on past success.
Jacks4460
I agree with the TEAM first at SFA.. Not giving info into evidence and such.. the obvious are the ones that have left in just his 3 years.. if he thinks he needs to groom the whole roster and start over then great...He is my coach... I feel he will have to sign 8-9 players next year.. Things arent very stable in our MBB right now... Take it for what it is.. Our team has some serious issues that will probably not be resolved this year and they probably wont be resolved next year either... At the first of the season I was saying the higher ups should lock Keller into a longer term, now that I have really watched the program and seen all the drama I am putting my foot in my mouth about the extention.. Hopefully he turns things around I want him too..
No-look
Not sure what happened with Chisom, but he's not listed in the top 100 in this Juco.
Ljacks&Longnecks
4460, I respect your decision to keep anything you have observed, know or seen to yourself.
That said 8-9 new players sounds very extreme....if that proves to be true it would mean that we were starting all over basically with a bunch of new guys having to learn and absorb all the team concepts. Don't think that would set well with the Keller doubters as it would take quite a bit of time for the learning curve to sink in and we would take some pre conference losses one would expect.
We will see soon enough I suppose, in the meantime I hope the staff is hot on the recruiting trail.
Jacks4460
Shannon,Karl,Aaron,Gru,Devonte=5 gone forsure

TJ & Mitch= 2 (I would bet a lot of money on them both being gone)

Pope=1 (We haven't heard anything about..I did hear grade issues)

Those are 7 legitimate roster spots.. and 1 we had pencilled in for next year..

Went to the 2019 top JUCO prospects rankings and alot of kids have already signed.. So that route will be tough.. I dont even want to tell you who the #2 JUCO prospect in all of America is..
Jacks4460
Ljacks&Longnecks said:

We will see soon enough I suppose, in the meantime I hope the staff is hot on the recruiting trail.
Atleast a good selling point will be that there is going to be plenty of minutes for them.. They need to go after Tyson Jolly from TVCC... He can light it up... Played at Baylor for a year..
BigJack85
Jacks4460 said:

Shannon,Karl,Aaron,Gru,Devonte=5 gone forsure

TJ & Mitch= 2 (I would bet a lot of money on them both being gone)

Pope=1 (We haven't heard anything about..I did hear grade issues)

Those are 7 legitimate roster spots.. and 1 we had pencilled in for next year..

Went to the 2019 top JUCO prospects rankings and alot of kids have already signed.. So that route will be tough.. I dont even want to tell you who the #2 JUCO prospect in all of America is..

The head coach is the CEO of this ship and therefore should be held responsible for such MASS defections. If it goes that bad I'd look for more troubles ahead. This is a guy (Keller) that CAN identify talent. Whether or not he recruit is a different question. To me recruiting is finding the RIGHT talent for our program and university. Not very 3 or 4 star fits in this program. I hope Keller gets a grasp on that. I'm sure he does , the question is can he convert to more talent into the right recruits.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
BigJack85
4460. I totally agree with you. I was thinking Keller really had the building blocks in place. Right now it looks like Lincoln Logs I had as kid that I could fit together for more than the most basic log cabin (my building skills are weak). I sure hope he gets this building back on a solid foundation. If we have more troubles I'll be more of detractor...... sadly.
TallTexan
I think we just shot to the top of the recruiting rankings.

SFAJack_76
And there we go. Less than ten months removed from nearly upsetting one of the best teams in the country in what largely amounted to a home game for them, to a program that is on the verge of completely imploding. Good grief.
BigJack85
Help me. Is this a top recruit?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.