2019 Basketball Offers

219,295 Views | 787 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by cboothe09
No-look
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anxious to start hearing the "Who's Next"....
djsfw57
I thought he was being negative as well. Bad news is not something I normally assume is a positive. Hard to read between the lines sometimes. Glad I was wrong!
TallTexan
Not the class of 2019, but is anyone going to offer Shamir?

Seems like the type of kid we'd love to have.
No-look
Hope the coaches are looking!
SFAJack_76
Offer list is growing.
CertifiedAxeman98
Between now and 4/17 I hope to see some "Who's next?"
SFAJack_76
CertifiedAxeman98 said:

Between now and 4/17 I hope to see some "Who's next?"
Absolutely. The silence is deafening.
cboothe09
With the state tournament this weekend, and the remainder of seasons finishing up now, I would expect we see some more movement soon. A lot of guys just want to play out their last season before they make that call.
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

With the state tournament this weekend, and the remainder of seasons finishing up now, I would expect we see some more movement soon. A lot of guys just want to play out their last season before they make that call.
This plus JUCO playoffs are going on this week also. Barisic's team got eliminated a day or two ago.

And, there are guys waiting to see if they get a better offer. There are G5 and P5 schools putting out offers for 2019 guys. Some of those schools are learning they have openings due to transfers they did not know they were going to have until recently.
cboothe09
Anyone know if we are still on those guys from Sulphur Springs? They shot rediculously well in their semifinal last night. Lost due to 21 turnovers, but shot 54% from the field and 94% from the free throw line. Good size with their smallest starter being 6'3"
SFAJack_76
cboothe09 said:

Anyone know if we are still on those guys from Sulphur Springs? They shot rediculously well in their semifinal last night. Lost due to 21 turnovers, but shot 54% from the field and 94% from the free throw line. Good size with their smallest starter being 6'3"
Keaston Willis committed to UIW. Of course, that does not mean we aren't still recruiting. Sulphur Springs lost yesterday in the state semi.
SFA Jack Fanatic
Assuming that Hart and Pope will both make it to campus (and I'm still not 100% convinced that Pope will, but I'm darned sure hoping I'm wrong about that), I'm thinking that the coaching staff will be filling the rest of the available slots with transfers, just to have more experience and maturity on the team. So I'll be surprised if they go for another high school recruit. And besides, how many good HS players haven't already committed? Probably not many.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if there are going to be 4, 5, or maybe even 6 new faces on the 2019-2020 squad (other than the two recruits) after all is said and done. I'm guessing that a big fruit basket turnover may be coming, probably saying goodbye to some of our under-performing non-seniors. But just a guess.

If SFA MBB is going to quickly return to the heights that it's used to, there's going to have to be a major blood transfusion, not just a little poke of the finger. There are probably lots of experienced guys around the country who will jump at the chance to play for a regular visitor to the Big Dance. Just look at how Nicholls pulled in good transfers a couple of years ago, and Nicholls was not even a well-known or winning program.
sfa17
SFAJack_76
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

It would be great IF we could get him. As I recall, we were on his final list of six schools he was considering when he came out of high school in Natchitoches.
sfa17
I think if we had a good season, it would be much easier to get him. It makes the pitch to him a bit harder but not impossible. And that applies to all recruits bc our recruiting pitch is that we are a ncaa team and top mid major program. Gonna have to explain a 14-15 record
SFAJack_76
Perhaps we could talk about being one year removed from taking a top 20 team to the buzzer, almost, in the NCAA. Perhaps, we could talk about the $26 million investment SFA is putting into basketball facilities. Perhaps, we could talk about the addition of a Sports Perfprmance guy dedicated solely to MBB. Perhaps, we could talk about some of the best fan support and game day atmosphere almost anywhere.

Or, we could be defensive. I prefer the upbeat positive sales approach. Perhaps that is just me.
Pilotgirl
SFAJack_76 said:

Perhaps we could talk about being one year removed from taking a top 20 team to the buzzer, almost, in the NCAA. Perhaps, we could talk about the $26 million investment SFA is putting into basketball facilities. Perhaps, we could talk about the addition of a Sports Perfprmance guy dedicated solely to MBB. Perhaps, we could talk about some of the best fan support and game day atmosphere almost anywhere.

Or, we could be defensive. I prefer the upbeat positive sales approach. Perhaps that is just me.

76 with the mic drop, again.
Jacks4460
76 good talking to you today buddy... I love your passion for SFA.. I sat next to the recruit the whole game and enjoyed my conversation with hm and his mother... He is a PG and in the top 100 JUCO recruits in the nation.. Very well mannered and respectful young man... He avg 19.7 pts his soph year due to a box and 1 being played on him by every team they played... Get this he shot 92% fromt he free throw line this year and 44% from the 3 point arch... Its between us, SHSU,TULSA,LA TECH.. I preached to him the chance to come into a situation where with hard work alot of playing time can be earned...So we will see.. I know I have made a new friend regardless of where he plays..I quickly read his twitter and nothing but good compliments from teammates and every the AD of ECCC.. Not sure how to make his twitter come up but ther is a link. Name is Roti Ware from Morton MS..

https://twitter.com/RotiWare23

[url=https://twitter.com/RotiWare23][/url]

SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

76 good talking to you today buddy... I love your passion for SFA.. I sat next to the recruit the whole game and enjoyed my conversation with hm and his mother... He is a PG and in the top 100 JUCO recruits in the nation.. Very well mannered and respectful young man... He avg 19.7 pts his soph year due to a box and 1 being played on him by every team they played... Get this he shot 92% fromt he free throw line this year and 44% from the 3 point arch... Its between us, SHSU,TULSA,LA TECH.. I preached to him the chance to come into a situation where with hard work alot of playing time can be earned...So we will see.. I know I have made a new friend regardless of where he plays..I quickly read his twitter and nothing but good compliments from teammates and every the AD of ECCC.. Not sure how to make his twitter come up but ther is a link. Name is Roti Ware from Morton MS..

Good stuff. Based on his Twitter account and his team's account, his team was not very good but he was an offensive star there.
Jacks4460
SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

It would be great IF we could get him. As I recall, we were on his final list of six schools he was considering when he came out of high school in Natchitoches.
Not a Keller type player...I would love to have him.. But I think he falls inline with Mack,Karl,etc. I am not knocking the kid at all we just need to not recruit a kid if he has questionable character... And to me the characteristic in question is debateable..
SFA Jack Fanatic
Jacks4460 said:

SFA Jack Fanatic said:

SFAJack_76 said:

Not a Keller type player...I would love to have him.. But I think he falls inline with Mack,Karl,etc. I am not knocking the kid at all we just need to not recruit a kid if he has questionable character... And to me the characteristic in question is debateable..

What characteristic is that? I thought everything was positive on him.
Jacks4460
I will get my paid sub agiain and message u.. doesn't need to be debated on here..
SFAJack_76
Jacks4460 said:

76 good talking to you today buddy... I love your passion for SFA.. I sat next to the recruit the whole game and enjoyed my conversation with hm and his mother... He is a PG and in the top 100 JUCO recruits in the nation.. Very well mannered and respectful young man... He avg 19.7 pts his soph year due to a box and 1 being played on him by every team they played... Get this he shot 92% fromt he free throw line this year and 44% from the 3 point arch... Its between us, SHSU,TULSA,LA TECH.. I preached to him the chance to come into a situation where with hard work alot of playing time can be earned... So we will see.. I know I have made a new friend regardless of where he plays..I quickly read his twitter and nothing but good compliments from teammates and every the AD of ECCC.. Not sure how to make his twitter come up but ther is a link. Name is Roti Ware from Morton MS..

Apparently his recruitment has been pretty quiet. Verbal Commits doesn't show any offers, but I don't think they follow Juco very close. I always find it hard to find good Juco stats. Although he is listed as a PG, with that scoring ability, I wonder if he is more a combo? Video below is from HS. Athletic, smooth shot, good size. Never get to see defense in these highlights. Since Haymon follows him on Twitter, I assume he is the lead recruiter.

Enjoyed visiting with you.

https://www.eccc.edu/eccc's-roti-ware-named-macjc-men's-basketball-player-week
SFA Jack Fanatic
SFAJack_76 said:

Jacks4460 said:

76 good talking to you today buddy... I love your passion for SFA.. I sat next to the recruit the whole game and enjoyed my conversation with hm and his mother... He is a PG and in the top 100 JUCO recruits in the nation.. Very well mannered and respectful young man...He avg 19.7 pts his soph year due to a box and 1 being played on him by every team they played... Get this he shot 92% fromt he free throw line this year and 44% from the 3 point arch... Its between us, SHSU,TULSA,LA TECH.. I preached to him the chance to come into a situation where with hard work alot of playing time can be earned...So we will see.. I know I have made a new friend regardless of where he plays..I quickly read his twitter and nothing but good compliments from teammates and every the AD of ECCC.. Not sure how to make his twitter come up but ther is a link. Name is Roti Ware from Morton MS..

Apparently his recruitment has been pretty quiet. Verbal Commits doesn't show any offers, but I don't think they follow Juco very close. I always find it hard to find good Juco stats. Although he is listed as a PG, with that scoring ability, I wonder if he is more a combo? Video below is from HS. Athletic, smooth shot, good size. Never get to see defense in these highlights. Since Haymon follows him on Twitter, I assume he is the lead recruiter.

Enjoyed visiting with you.

https://www.eccc.edu/eccc's-roti-ware-named-macjc-men's-basketball-player-week

He was a three-time conference player-of-the-week. Twice in November and once in February.
SFAJack_76
https://www.ecccathletics.com/sports/mbkb/2018-19/bios/ware_roti_vh9x
BigJack85
Does anyone have a take on David Kalcharies? Looks like he had a solid freshman campaign with NJIT. Seems to be a hybrid between Pinkney and Cannette. More of a ball handler from what I saw but don't know. He could be that missing piece if we get TJ back.
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
Jacks4460
Yes sir.. He said Desmond was his lead recruiter.. Which is a good thing.
No-look
BigJack85 said:

Does anyone have a take on David Kalcharies? Looks like he had a solid freshman campaign with NJIT. Seems to be a hybrid between Pinkney and Cannette. More of a ball handler from what I saw but don't know. He could be that missing piece if we get TJ back.
Seems to be a Canete on steroids.
SFAJack_76
No-look said:

BigJack85 said:

Which Canete? The one that would make a lazy pass turnover and then not hustle back on defense, or the one that played lights out against Tech?

I think I know the answer, but I had such a love/hate "relationship" with Canete, I just had to ask. He could be so darn frustrating, but he finished his short career on a very high note.
BigJack85
His stats indicate more of a Trey Pinkney that can shoot a little better. Plays a little defense .
Axe 'Em Jacks - Class of 85'
TallTexan
SFAJack_76 said:

No-look said:

BigJack85 said:

Which Canete? The one that would make a lazy pass turnover and then not hustle back on defense, or the one that played lights out against Tech?

I think I know the answer, but I had such a love/hate "relationship" with Canete, I just had to ask. He could be so darn frustrating, but he finished his short career on a very high note.
I'll say this. It killed me watching Canete play during the season. But when the lights came on & his mom was in the stands, dude put the team on his back and played like a superstar. And I'll always remember him well for that performance.
nacluth
No one's in trouble here, but I cleaned up some statements about your conversation with the recruit. A staff decision has been made that we won't quote recruit statements (even characterizations) in the general section. This decision is to protect the recruit and the process.

More leeway will be given in the Premium section behind the paywall, but even there the staff will be solicitous to quoting "private" conversations. Thanks for the good information.

Any questions, Sawmillers can PM me or PurpleOut or email me at my username @yahoo.com.
Ryan
Kinnaird Guitars
Pilotgirl
Very good decision, Sawmill!!
Jacks4460
Pilotgirl said:

Very good decision, Sawmill!!

Ofcourse it is..

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.